I like to be real in my reviews - so here goes.
I booked the hotel independent of travelling through Onthebeach.com. I booked this way to ensure that we were booked into the 5 star Paradise and not the 4 star Club. When we arrived at the reception of the Paradise, despite having the booking confirmations which said 'Paradise Golden 5', Onthebeach had sent our order through for the Club. It took over 28 hours to resolve this problem and the long and short of it is that we spent 1 day at the Club and then were moved into the Paradise.
The Paradise hotel is part of a huge complex. It is dated (both the hotel and the complex) and needs attention. The bedrooms in the Paradise are large but dated and showing their age. There are no ceiling lights in the bedroom so it is very dark especially given that two of the floor lights were not working, neither did the bulb on the balcony. We complained about the broken toilet seat and it was replaced on the fourth day. The bath was not stable at all and it was like taking a shower stood on a surfboard most of the time.
Whilst we were there, there were frequent power cuts (three or four per day) and each time the power went off, the water did too (presumably its an electric pump that pushes the water through). The safe in our room did not work initially and despite several staff taking a look it was only when my partner disconnected and reconnected the battery that we actually got it to work.
The complex is made up of 7 hotels, the Sapphire and Topaz being over the main road. Benefits were that you could use the other hotels restauarants. We mainly chose to eat in the Emerald, a 5 star hotel that had working air-condition, although we tried them all. Believe me the air-con is needed when the temperature is 40+ during the day and 30+ in the evening.
The food was similar in all the restaurants, buffet style without much finesse, but you should be able to find something you are prepared to eat even if it is a bit bland and uninspiring. There were no diet soft drinks (I am diabetic and it does matter to me) so had to take the water from our minibar everywhere, subsequently we ran out pretty quickly but aSKED our room cleaner to fill our fridge past our quota when getting low.
Positives - tell the staff you are English, use your manners and they will bend over backwards for you! The staff have a really difficult time from other nations but work hard most of the time.
Despite the pool seeming not to be too big, there was ample space to swim up and down.
Yes there were a lot of Russians and a lot of Germans but they tend to mind their own if you do the same.
No lifts were working in the Paradise and the Cable car wasn't working either.
The beds are rock solid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Category: 5 Stars Check in :14.00 Check out :12.00 Location:At the center of Golden 5 city, viewing the dancing fountain ,and the main swimming pool & the beautiful scenery of the city green landscape and sea. Staying at Paradise you will feel the luxurious and comfortable life with following the route of the cable car to the beach while passing by the trifle connected swimming pool.Accommodation:466 rooms including 12 family rooms (1 terrace/balcony, 2 bedrooms , 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom)4 junior suites 2 senior suites 2 Presidential suites ,Annex buildings 2 floors L shape and Andalusia building Most rooms and suites have balcony, equipped with:satellite- TV & radio, individual adjustable air condition .Bathrooms feature bathtub , weighting scale, telephone , Hairdryer, Minibar, safe box, daily clean linen & electricity:AC 220 volts Restaurants/Bars:Restaurants:"Red Sea" main restaurant Cuisine International Serving :Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner German a'la carte restaurant Bars:"Day and Night" coffee-shop Cuisine: International snacks & beverages Hours: 24-hours Billiard bar (All Inclusive)Cuisine: snacks & beverages Hours: 10.00 am - 02:00 am Piano Bar (charged as per consumption ):Cuisine : International Hours: 05:00 pm - 02:00 am Pool bar (All inclusive) :Cuisine: snacks & beverages Hours: 10:00 am - sunset Russian Restaurant , 80 seats Cuisine: Typical Russian Hours: Dinner, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm Services & Facilities:24-hour room service 24-hour concierge , Laundry service: charged as per consumption , price list available in the room pm Conferences Facility:Paradise conference room:capacity of 300 persons , Paradise VIPs Lounge: 150 seats.Internet cafe Limousine service, Beauty salon ,Lobby shops -On request doctor ,Tour & travel desk .Babysitting on request ,Pets: are not allowed Pharmacy Supermarket ,Safe box available at the reception .Recreational/ Leisure Facilities:Main swimming pool (not heated)Aqua Park Golden 5:daily from 9:00 am - sun set- Free for all guest of Golden 5 city hotels including- 5 slides,- 1 heated swimming pool,- 3 heated pools for children with slides ,- Sandy area for children with slides,- 2 all inclusive bars.Discotheque "Night Flight": (free entrance , charged drinks)- 09:00 pm - 11 :00 pm for children- 11 :00 pm - 03:00 am for adults. Yacht marina Beach: 1000 meters smooth sandy beach , umbrellas ,mattresses, chaise-longue, towels - all are freeWater & Beach sport center:- windsurfing- snorkeling- boat excursions- Horse riding center (against charge)- Beach Volley Ball (free of Charge)- Para-sailing Diving center (charged):- Daily: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm ,Health club: Free of charge gymnastic; massage , Jacuzzi ,sauna, steam room are charged Dancing fountain daily show: 09:00 - 09:30 pm.Motorized train: free of charge: 09.00 am till 05.00 pm every 45 min.Tennis courts, Table tennis , billiard , chess court, mini golf,bicycle & motorbike hiring, and(for more info,please contact our receptionist)Kids club with animation , swimming pool, andbaby sitting on request- Morning: 10:00 am - 01:00 pm- Afternoon: 03:00 pm - 05:00pm• Languages: English, German, Russian, French• Parking: Private car park available , free of charge• Currency: EGP, Euro, USD• Credit Cards: MasterCard , Visa Card ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Golden 5 Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Golden 5 Hotel & Beach Hurghada
- Paradise Golden 5 Hotel And Beach Resort
- Paradise Golden 5 Resort Beach