Amazonia Hotel
  • Beachfront
US$207
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was in Amazonia Gardenia with my mom in July 2014. First of all I want to say about hotel: it's not so big area but you can feel yourself comfortable here. I want to ask managers of this hotel to control cleanliness at the hotel's territory and especially asy the beach.
THE BEST IMPRESSIONS OF MY REST I GOT FROM CRAZY ANIMATION TEAM OF AMAZONIA GARDENIA 2014. Really these team made everything to us to be happy. My best thanks to Shady, Olga, Rossina, Moo, Timon and Heno - these people are amazing and incredible. I WILL NEVER FORGET THEM!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody come to Amazonia Gardenia TO SEE THIS ANIMATION TEAM!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Aleksia14
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is still in the process of building but in the future I hope it'll be very beautiful and amazing hotel! So now there are a lot of things which they need to change but totally I can say it was very good time which I spent there! But I want to tell thanks all ANIMATION TEAM in this hotel! This team is so amazing! They are very active and friendly, they tried to help in any problem! My friend and I want to tell that you can visit this hotel just because of animation team! Hanafy, Temon, Olga, Shady, Heno, Rosina we love you so much and we hope to come again and meet you!

Room Tip: Choose a room with the view on the sea
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olga M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It's good hotel for families and friends and kids cause the animation is best team they are really amazing and high spirit ,, i wanna thanks olga because she is the best animation and good girl and ( timon _ sou ) )

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Amr C
Reviewed 16 June 2014

with no experiance i have a time share in this hotel, it was the first time to reserve my week.
Cause this hotel was just open 8-9 months ago and also for the thawra in egypt , that how i made execuses for them , there is no staff house keeping no towlets , bad food , but with the animation team espicially Mo and heno and so we enjoy our stay with my daughter.
Honestly I will make a second trial after 3-4 months may be they owe the experience and improve the staff.
Also i can't ignore the guest relation and the front office they tried to peace our trip as much as they can.
Finally thanks and wishing all the best espicially the animation team for the effort they are doing to make the stay as good as they can.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

English or European do not visit this hotel!
The moment me and my partner walked into this hotel we felt trapped and stranded..

The hotels location is in the middle of a building site that looks like a abandoned war zone.. There are the hotels guard dogs running around outside making you feel intimidated and the guards themselves allowing the dogs to just roam apart from when they're using them to intimidate people.
THIS HOTEL IS FOR EGYPTIANS.. On arrival the staff struggled to understand a word we were saying .. Then told us to sit and wait while they had a 45 minute chat at 12.30 in the morning.
We were shown to our rooms and noticed the hotel was empty and not even half of the building was complete ..it was a building site.

After discovering there was no water in the rooms and in it being "ALL INCLUSIVE" we went downstairs and asked for some water .. We were told quite abruptly to go back to our rooms and they would bring it to us .. But the water was NOT free and we would have to pay for it. If not we could drink the water out of the machine we had seen them fill up with tap water which as you know is not safe to drink and DANGEROUS!

So we got into the room .. With pieces of glass on the floor, a shower which was half finished and a view out the window of a building site. In the morning we tried to figure out a plan to escape. . We got on there 'shuttle' bus which took 30minutes to arrive at the beach which we found to be a tiny stretch of beach with house bricks and breeze blocks to complete the tranquility. As the hotel caters for Egyptians we were the only ones in swimwear and was stared at by the other guests and staff.. We felt very uncomfortable.

FOOD.. This place is not all inclusive the food is cooked outside and raw meat, fish and chicken were left outside hours before it was cooked allowing all sorts to contaminate it .. The display of food you get is buffet style apart from they only turn the heat on the Bain Marie when a few guests come in so if your lucky you might get warm but only just food. The food was no good at all .. And we didn't expect a lot! The staff spent all there time staring at me and my partner as we were the odd ones out.. English.

There was a selection of 3 drinks .. Water from the tap, orange water from the tap and yellow water from the tap .. There was NO alcohol available at all!! And no snacks available either.

POOLS.. You couldn't go in them.. Dirty and unfinished and the most important point that we did not feel comfortable in wearing swimwear.. Despite the signs telling guests they could not wear clothes in the pool THEY did.. This means that sweaty clothes were basically washed in the pool.

We asked the reception for a taxi to new town as were planning our escape instead they sent us to the senzo mall which is in the opposite direction .. We asked the taxi driver to take us to new town but he said he couldn't as he was following instructions of the hotel .. He then tried to insist that we take a taxi back with him in a set time limit as the hotel had requested it .. We felt like we were stranded!! We said no and persisted to to say no.. We then found another day driver who was great and took us round all the other hotels we found a hotel called titanic resort and aqua park which was amazing but to our cost!!

We returned to amazonia and packed our stuff and tried to check out.. They didn't even question it and told us to have a nice trip... We did not tell the hotel why we were leaving as we felt the staff were quite temperamental and the location of the hotel meant we were trapped as they used there taxi services and refused entry to other taxis if guests booked them!!!

I don't normally write reviews but this experience has made me want to ensure others don't make the sane mistake.. If you've already booked it change it .. It's cheaper and less stressful than doing it once your there.

Most the review on this page are Egyptians so please be aware this is a honest review .. The pictures that this hotel use to advertise are not a likeliness at all!

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't book a room here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple