SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select-
Agoda.com
US$258
US$218
  • Pool
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$90
3,905 results
All reviewsaqua parkanimation teammain restaurantsister hotel next doorvictoria puba la carte restaurantsadult poolmamlouk palacelobby barthomas cookguest servicesnice holidayspecial thanksred flagkids clubitalian restaurantsenzo mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

From the first moment we arrived until we left, a week later it was a fantastic holiday !! Counting the days until we can return. The best hotel Staff ever, nothing was too much trouble for any of them !

Room Tip: Ask for the sort of room you would like and they will do their very best for you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gardener43-11
gardenbeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select-, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear llanfyllin,

Thank you for choosing us again for your vacation in Hurghada.

We are delighted to read your compliments about everyone mentioned in your review.

Our team are indeed doing a great job and committed as well to providing excellent service in a friendly manner.

Once again, thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort soon.

Best regards,

Guests Service Center

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my first holiday in just over 5 and a half years with my previous 2 being to Tunisia and Dominican which was my favourite up to now. I have to now say I have a new favourite which is here. I went with my parents hoping for a relaxing, sunny, do nothing style all inclusive holiday and that's exactly what I got and more.

We arrived on March 4th in the evening and was immediately welcomed by the lovely Kate, who went through the all important welcome and gave us the good news that we'd been upgraded to sea view rooms which were actually only a path away from the beach which was brilliant. We later found we weren't that special after all and that most Brits had been upgraded ;-)

The room was perfect for what I needed and only thing I wouldn't have minded was an individual bed rather than 2 but turned out using the other spare one for all my clothes was perfect as was too lazy to unpack properly, after all may as well make use of the space. We had a nicely packed plate of fruit for us on arrival which is always a nice touch and soon found we need to get used to a high level of service. Our houseman Abdul Rahman was extremely helpful and attentive with our rooms, cleaning in the morning, replenishing towels etc and then turning out the bed for our return to the room at night. It was pretty seamless in that we'd be out at the exact times he was in our rooms doing his thing, either that or he learned our patterns and did them appropriately.

Every morning we had breakfast in the main restaurant of which there were 2 as you have access to the sister hotel's (Mamlouk Palace) facilities also but we stayed in ours. There was always plenty of selection if you have a varied palette unlike me who's quite fussy, however I always found what I liked in the form of croissants, freshly made pancakes and the lightest sponge cake I've ever eaten. Their baker is definitely a star in the background. The staff in the main restaurant were always welcoming and whenever 1 of 2 always saw us they came straight over to say hello and then offer us drinks which in most cases I was collecting for the parents. I can only remember Ahmed's name as he was the first face we saw on our first night there and was always smiling and saying hello but all were lovely. Mostafa the main restaurant manager was very friendly and we found ourselves talking to him whenever we saw him and got to know him as a person and hope he's enjoyed/enjoying his time with the family.

Food in the evenings was well catered for, we only actually used the main restaurant twice, on the first night and during the monsoon as couldn't make it to our reservation. For the rest of our stay we moved between the 4 a la carte's, soon finding our favourites, the Mexican and the Asian which we then ended up rotating between. All meals were tasty and served quickly. We had one moment of parts of the food being a little warm to cold but the response we got after informing them was amazing. I don't believe in complaining and here they don't deserve complaints so I simply mentioned it to one of the waiters as advice and the next day found Abdul-Rahman Shahin (sorry for any wrong name spelling) the food and beverages manager with us apologising. Every meal following this could not be faulted, they really do take constructive criticism/advice extremely well as think they're used to complaints from the Russians so respond to a bit of politeness and respect. After our multiple visits to the Mexican and Asian we soon made good friends with the staff and managers who ensured we enjoyed the visits from start to finish. Special mention has to go to Mostafa (Mafia ;-)) from the Mexican (by night and at the Italian in the day) for always making us laugh and being so attentive whether we were having lunch at the Italian or dinner at the Mexican and on the last night of eating there he even looked after us himself to ensure we left on a high. In our favourite restaurant, the Asian we always looked forward to what were the best meals of our holiday and being welcomed by Eslam who I'd happily say is the best restaurant manager on site, just for being so accommodating and always seemed happy to see us, it was never too much for him to find us a table whether we were early or on time and we even got a consistent table as he knew we liked it there.

During the day there was always plenty to do with the animation team on hand providing the entertainment around the various pools and at the beach so wherever you are there's always something to do. They have a morning programme till 12:30 ish such as stretching, various dance style courses, darts, volleyball (a favourite of the Russians) and more. They return at about 14:30 and continue with more entertainment through to 16:30. We tended to spend the morning on the beach and then after lunch make our way to one of the many pools (from both hotels made about 5 I think). There's plenty of choice when it comes to lunch, 2 main buffet restaurants, multiple pool bars (chef at the Pergola pool bar at Mamlouk was a star) serving food and a beach bar. Again a special mention has to be made to a few people thanks to them making my holiday as good as it was. Firstly my holiday brother Tokyo who always came and saw us with a smile and dance every morning and evening, definitely wouldn't have been the same without the guy. Ozo, Amr (chief) and Ana (the amazing belly dancer, her body talks!) always made time to come and speak to us, tried to get me involved as much as possible and the guys and I even had a few little dance battles which were always a laugh. This team can certainly dance I'll tell you that. Amr and the guys busted out their b-boy moves, was brilliant to see. Every night there was a show held at the ampitheatre and as we hoped they changed it up for the second week so we didn't have to watch all the same again. After the show we'd head to the lobby as that's where the atmosphere really was and definitely had the best waiters as they remembered our drinks before we even sat down they were on their way so thanks to Mostafa and the tall guy who's name I forgot to write down (sorry). The Mamlouk has similar facilities but is very dark and lacks any real atmosphere so all the friends we made over there actually came over to us every night as they preferred our hotel. Last of the team I have to mention is Mido who I believe is head of entertainment/animation (something along those lines) as he always came to see us and offered on more than one occasion for me to go out in Hurghada with him and the team as I was alone (in my age group).

If you go, you need to walk to the end of the jetty and also go out to watch the sunset as it sets behind the mountains in the distance behind the hotels and really is beautiful. We also got lucky and saw a stingray alongside the jetty after sunset so trust me when I say you could happily just go snorkeling there and not need to go any further afield. I video'd puffer fish along with all kinds of amazingly bright fish but make sure you go both sides of the jetty as everyone seems to stick to the one side (hotel side) and miss a lot.

This is getting long so will try wrap it up. The guest services team, especially the lovely Kate and Katerina made everything on our holiday go as smooth as it ever could of, the friendliness and warmth of which they welcomed us, they definitely felt more like friends when we left then people working to look after our holiday. These ladies are not just lovely on the outside ;-) but honestly couldn't have asked for nicer people to be working there. My last thanks goes to head chef Essam who made us the nicest departure lunch, I just wish I ate everything as like I said I'm a bit fussy so didn't like not eating all of what had been prepared after the extra effort he went to. He and Shahin took the time out to spend time with us on the last day and just wanted to let you both know that it was hugely appreciated, you're doing an amazing job in a brilliant hotel so deserve all the recognition you get. I hope everyone mentioned also gets their dues for making this my favourite destination and will see all of you who are there in September when we all return (all going well and hopefully prices drop :-p). Probably missed lots out but written enough so hope this is useful to people. If you're going to Hurghada, make sure it's at the Sunrise Garden and Beach resort, you won't regret it unless you're unappreciative of excellent service and would prefer to complain about silly things in which case go elsewhere as they don't deserve your stay :-p.

Last tip: Just remember, treat them with respect and you'll be treated with twice that. If you have a complaint, don't complain, mention it to them/give them advice/your recommendation and they'll work with you to make your time even better.

Thanks again and enjoy to those who go. Can't wait till the next one.

Room Tip: If you can stay in a sea view room do it, the walk to the restaurant/lobby etc is worth it for the gardens and quickness to get to the beach which is only yards away. Block 5 is the best. If you want something close to everything go for block 3 or 8 as they're not noisy and within easy reach of everything.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alexvansteeden

Dear Mr. alexvansteeden,

We are grateful for your comment about our resort and surroundings.

Our staff makes everything possible for you to make your stay special and unforgettable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort & Spa.

With best regards,

Guest Service Center Team

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel after a good flight on Thomas cook airline and was met in reception by Kate of customer relations and was informed we were being upgraded to a sea view room.The room was very spacious with two large beds a good size bathroom and a sofa in the corner of the room.During our 14 nights stay we were looked after by a very friendly team of staff especially Kate of guest relations supervisor and Katerina guest relations.We ate in the 4 al a carte restaurants-Asian,Mexican-oriental and Italian all served excellent meals.The animation team run by Mido had a good team i.e.Tokyo,Anna and Ozo and Amir who did an excellent job during the day into the evening keeping all guests happy and entertained throughout.The room in block 5 was cleaned daily towels,bedding was changed regular by our houseman Abdul Rahman who was very polite and friendly during our stay.The beach was really nice and the staff looked after your needs throughout,the sea was crystal clear and if you walked out the fish would come around you.During our stay we were able to use the sister hotel Mamlouk Palace pools and restaurants but the garden beach we think had more life and was very much brighter.The management team i.e.Eslam- Asian restaurant,Mustafa-buffet restaurant,Mustafa-mexican restaurant,Shahn-food and beverage,and Essam-head chef we would like to send our warmest thanks for a smashing holiday.We would like to say thankyou also to Mustafa and all the other staff members in the lobby bar for there excellent service throughout our vacation.We had a monsoon on the 9th march which was a spectacular scene but the management team did a fantastic job but the next morning the weather was back to bright skies and warm temperatures.We are looking forward to coming back in September to this fabulous well run hotel.

Room Tip: Block 5 is the ideal place if you want a sea view room but all the blocks have there own characters.This hotel has a room for every ones taste.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank barryvs

Dear Mr. barryvs,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & SPA.

We are glad that you had nice holiday with us and that our hotel staff members made it even better.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon back in your second home SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & SPA.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We chose the sunrise Garden Beach having stayed at the sister hotel Mamlouk Palace last year.
The Sunrise Garden is lighter, brighter and smarter. The staff are welcoming and attentive and very friendly, especially Kate from Guest Relations who really does go the extra mile to ensure that you enjoy your holiday. Hope to see you again soon Kate when we return.
We were upgraded to a sea view room almost on the beach, which we loved. Our only comment is that it is a long way to walk for breakfast. The room was lovely, good size bathroom with bidet,
plenty of hanging storage but not many draws. Bedding and towells changed daily, usually fairly early in the day.
Reception was smart and bright, loved the evenings when they had musicians playing, singing and dancing especially when joined by some of the animation team dancers. There is a small selection of shops at reception and on the terrace. Love the jewellers!
The grounds are a gardeners paradise, where the Mamlouk has all the water features the Garden Beach is full to bursting with trees and beautiful flowers. There are three pools at the Garden Beach one is a small round adults only pool, there is a heated one with slide and another large pool which was a bit cold in early March! If you really love swimming around more, there are two larger pools next door at the Mamlouk, one heated.
Once again the beach is shared with the Mamlouk but there is a small adults only area right at the end of the beach by the Aqua Centre. The beach made it for us as you can walk straight out into the sea, no stones or coral and be at a swimming depth within a few yards. When picking up your pool or beach towels you can ask for a red flag, the flying of this over your windbreak indicates that you don't want to be interrupted by hotel sellers of trips, spar treatments etc.
Food in the main restaurant was good but we spent most evenings at the 4 al a cartes, which the wonderful Kate sorted out for us. We met new friends from the Mamlouk and managed to book with them on a number of occasions. Our favourites were the Asian and Mexican but the Italian and Oriental were nice too. Two are hosted by the Garden and two by the Mamlouk.
Yes, there are a lot of Russians, but this only makes the other nationalities more special!

We have been to Egypt on many occasions and this is our most preferred hotel. Our sympathies then to the staff and management who had to deal with the MONSOON that we experienced on 9th March. The rain, which caused great amusement at first, soon turned in to what could have been a disaster for the whole area. Hat's off to every member of staff who dealt with the situation so quickly and efficiently. Hopefully this was all your rainfall for the next 10 years!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. voyager017,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was our second visit to Hurgada, last time we stayed in the Sunrise Resort Hotel in the old town ( Adult only ). On our arrival we were instantly upgraded ( British are nearly always upgraded ) to a room in Block 5, closest to the sea, on the second floor & with a sea view, nice large room & everything working & clean.
If you cant live with Russians for your time on holiday - go elsewhere - the Hotel had a lot of Russian visitors, inc children, those of you who have been to hotels with Russian visitors know why - they are very loud, dont queue & have virtually no manners, also some go purely for the AI & spend a lot of time drinking, however this did mean the Hotel was very lively & everything was open & operating.
Food - The dining room was always busy & we ate at alternative ( on site ) Restaurants on 3 occasions, the main restaurant food was good, lots of choice & kept replenished, ok it was a bit repetitive but the choice meant you could eat differently every night. We also ate in the Italian Restaurant - very good, the Oriental Restaurant ( this is Not the Chinese ) this was ok but not very special & the Asian ( Chinese ) Restaurant which was very good, service in all was good.
Reception Bar - Very busy after the Shows but good drinks & fairly quick waiter service.
Beach & Pools - The beach was good, sandy with lifeguard & lots of sunbeds & all with sunshades, beach boys were attentive & as always the Sales Teams were out in force, however the little red flag from towel boys worked a treat, there was a beach bar with soft & alcoholic drinks available, cleaned every night, the beach toilets do need some attention & more regular cleaning. There are 3 swimming pools, the children's large pool was heated but the other 2 were really too cold to use.
Gym - We used the gym every evening, very well equipped & with someone on duty all the time.
Entertainment Team - Superb, there was something to do nearly all day if you wanted to & their evening shows were as good as we have seen anywhere in Egypt - they certainly do work hard & then do the rounds in the bar after their shows talking to anyone & being very sociable.
Gardens - The grounds & gardens were super, the gardeners never seemed to stop working & were watering late into the evenings & nights.
Thank you to all the staff for a super 11 nights holiday.

Room Tip: Make sure they know you are British & if not offered ask for an upgrade, Block 5 is quiet & has sea views, although it is furthest away from main buildings, giving a pleasant walk through the gardens to Restaurant, but next door to the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue L
mamloukpalace, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select-, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice and detailed positive review.

We are glad that you had ,, super,, holiday as you wrote in our hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you soon back in SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & SPA.