All in all a very good hotel. The greeting was excellent and cases taken to our room, the self controlled air conditioned room was large and cleaned daily, with a mini bar which was replenished with water everyday and soft drinks that were also free but would cost you to refill per week. The safe in the room is at no extra cost, we had a nice large double bed though the matress was a bit thin. Balcony overlooked one of the pools, from what we could see all the rooms overlooked a pool and/or the beach. And for the ladies an hairdryer in the bathroom. No tea/coffee making facilities.
The pool that we overlooked was very cold but then it is there winter and another of the pools is heated and so warm it's almost like getting into bathwater. Full use of the adjoining hotel "Mamlouk" is available which then gives you a choice of 2 buffet restaurants and 4 A la carte restaurants, 2 of which require booking in advance. We found the A la carte restaurants excellent, Italian. Mexican, Asian & Oriental. The buffet (main) restaurant was very good the first week but by the 2nd week was getting a bit busier and usually found it hard to get a cup, plate, or dish and sometimes had to wait for food to be put out, but even that was nothing compared to trying to get to the fruit in particular strawberries before it all vanished before our eyes to the ignorant, impolite, gluttonous Russians. If you want cakes or fruit you need to do what the russians do, get them before anything else, but then of course eyes being bigger than their bellies it was often left laying on the tables as they left. Even the staff and locals don't like the Russians, but just try and ignore them and you'll have a fine time.
The staff are (except for 1 member (buffet restaurant)) very polite and helpful. Once again as the hotel gets more into the season and busy you tend to wait longer for tea & coffee at breakfast, and alcohol in the bars but this is also due to the laidback attitude of the Egyptian people. If you have a teenage daughter with you keep your eyes on her we were offered 3000 camels for ours (tempting!). but seriously they do like to touch.
We went to the entertainment just the once it was "Dance around the world" lasted 30 minutes and saved us half hour every night for the rest of our holiday as we didn't bother going back.
We would definitely go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those who prefer water activities, the resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select- reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada