Have just come back from this resort and I can truly say that it was the best holiday we have ever had. The hotel was clean and the rooms are huge. I would recommend you ask for room 7219 as it over looks the main swimming pool and it is close to the main buffet restaurant and where all the shops are. The hotels staff our very friendly and when they find out your English they can’t do more for you. They even some times give you the imported alcohol if they have any in stock, if not then they give you double or triple measures in your drinks.
I would recommend tipping some of the chefs as they will jump you to the front of the queue like at the omelette station or down at the beach bar.
Yes the food is more geared up for the Russians and Germans but I always found food to eat and I am a very fussy eater.
We ate 3 times at the Italian restaurant as the pizzas are fantastic, the Asian was ok but decided not to eat there again. The Mexican restaurant was brilliant we left the restaurant stuffed.
We found for the first week we had no problem finding a sun bed around any pool but by the second week and we guess the schools in Russia had broken up as we had to get up at 8 every morning just to get a sun bed around the pool or you had to sit on the beach. The beach is brilliant a lot cooler to sit by then around the pool.
We stayed here for two weeks and like other reviews we recommend that you go out and see Egypt. We went on two trips one was the shop and rock where you go out to down town Hurghada and then to Hard Rock Café. I would not really commend this as the choice of food you get at the Hard Rock Café is poor it is either soup or salad to start and then Beef Burger or chicken burger for main course and then ice cream or fruit salad for dessert. When we looked at the main menu we could have had a good meal for what we paid for the trip.
Defiantly do the two-day trip to Luxor as we had the best time ever! Even though it is a 5:20am pick up and a rough drop off time of 7:30pm the next day. We made some nice friends on the trip. If you have extra time do the one day Cairo trip by air as I heard it is fantastic up there.
We loved the hotel and holiday so much we are already planning to go back next September and we will be doing the one-day Cairo trip by Air.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those who prefer water activities, the resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select- reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada