We had no delays checking in, very speedy and were walked down to our room, cases arrived very quickly. The room was absolutely spotless with a view of the beach bar/partial sea view. Lovely big veranda as we were on ground floor. Room area was very quiet at night even though we were near the beach bar.
Every where in hotel is spotless, including toilets. No flies in restaurants etc.
Staff very very friendly, they all want to talk about england and find out more about you. The bar staff remember what you like to drink and really look after you.
The all inclusive drinks mean they're not the best cocktails etc but ask for international brands and you'll get them no problem.
Towels on beds was a problem till we clicked the towel guy will save you a bed if you make friends! Some East European guests did get very upset when their towels were removed before 8am each day!!
We discovered the 'russian' guests are actually mostly Polish rather than Russian - yes they're still very rude in the buffet but are very entertaining to watch especially around the pool and in the disco!! Just tell them if they push in at the buffet and they generally give way.
We really did struggle with the food - it's not horrible don't get me wrong, it's edible. But very tasteless and same every night. Even though there was a different theme every night, food was the same! The curry tasted exactly like the goulash like the stew like the bourgignon etc!! I made mistake of having salad cos they were quite nice, and got dodgy tummy for about 4 days. Desserts again were plentiful but all tasted same. By second week we had started getting a taxi to hurghada and eating there instead, does seem a waste when all inclusive but we go for the alcohol!!
Taxi very cheap to town although we wished it was near enough to walk, especially as there really isn't anywhere to walk out of the hotel apart from some rubbish shops across the road and the sister hotel mamlouk next door which is exactly the same.
we wouldn't go back to that hotel and wouldn't necessarily recommend it but wouldn't put you off going if you're not so fussy with your food basically and we would go back to hurghada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those who prefer water activities, the resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select- reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada