This is a beautiful Egyptian hotel, very well run by its excellent staff. There are three pools all kept beautifully clean and the hotel has its own beach. The evening entertainment leaves a little to be desired but they do try!
The food was plentiful and varied and the drinks offered were also very good. I didn't like the Egyptian gin as I found it too perfumed but you can request imported spirits and they seemed widely available.
The room was spacious and spotless. The cleaner was incredibly efficient, cleaning and washing the floor every day.
The only drawback to our 11 night break was a boat trip we booked through Thomas Cook. They were 40 minutes late collecting us in the morning and laughed when we complained. The boat was decrepid and filthy. The toilet was little more than a bucket - no toilet seat or paper and no flush - absolutely disgusting! Also there were no chilled drinks available during the day - just very warm water and carbonated drinks. The guide did not issue adequate instructions before we all entered the water and consequently several novice snorkelers got lost and ended up making their own way back to the boat, quite shook up. This trip cost us £25 each through Thomas Cook.
However I can recommend booking your boat trips through the Blue Wave company from the beach - speak to the Manager Sam who will negotiate a good deal for you. His boat was beautiful and the staff were excellent - a wonderful service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those, who prefer water activities, the Resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada