Had two really great weeks holiday in Egypt, very relaxing which is exactly what we needed ! Met some great people who we intend to stay in touch with. This is definitely a "couples" or "family" hotel.
This is our fifth five time in Egypt now, (once to Sharm El Sheikh, twice to Sunrise in Makadi Bay, Hurghada, and now twice to Sunrise Garden Beach in Hurghada). We were originally wary as Egypt is renowned for tummy bug etc., and we have had it a couple of times but the local medicine sorts it out very quickly (take the local stuff not medicine you bring from home is our medicine doesn't work out there). I must admit I've had no problems this time around at the Garden Beach Hotel.
Yes the Russians can be rude, obnoxious and greedy but don't let them spoil it for you as the Egyptians don't like bad manners either and really take care of you well if you are polite and courteous - a please and thank you goes a very long way in Egypt !
This is a beautiful Egyptian hotel, very well run by its excellent staff who were very friendly and hard working. The food was varied and good. Better than some hotels we have been to.
There are three pools all kept to a good standard of cleanliness and the hotel has its own beach. There are two restaurants (with another two which you can use in their sister hotel next door). The evening entertainment, although much better than last year, leaves a little to be desired but they do try!
The room was modern, spacious and clean.
The food was plentiful and varied and the drinks offered were also very good. The Egyptian wine is not as good as international wine, however you can request other alternative drinks which are widely available, and their beer is of a good standard.
I never had an empty glass. ha ha. We were very well looked after and didn't want for anything.
The Mexican restaurant was fantastic. We didn't go to it last year as we don't really like mexican styled food however this year we found there was something for everybody cooked to a very high standard.
During our stay the Recreation and Pools Manager came around the pool to talk to guests and get their opinions on the facilities and service. Another English couple next to us happen to mention as a minor point that they would like to see onions as part of the lunchtime and evening salad buffets as most salads normally have onions. A few minutes later he returned with the new Executive Chef who had just been appointed a few days earlier who was also very keen to hear our thoughts and comments. He told us about some of the changes to the buffets that he was planning and really wanted to hear what food we would like to see offered in the future - now how's that for service !
We were invited as repeated guests for cocktails with the manager and his team where he shared some of the changes and improvements made since last year and future planned changes which really made us feel like valued guests.
The Russians are up at the crack of dawn to "reserve" their sun loungers and then you hardly ever see them all day which is a little selfish. However the pool staff were fantastic, really helpful and always cheerful, and somehow always managed to help us find a sun lounger, despite the russians !. And let's face it, its the sun we are after !
It was my 40th Birthday whilst on holiday and the staff at the restaurant in the evening made me a cake and sang "happy birthday" much to the amusement of fellow guests !
I would definitely recommend Sunrise Garden Beach to anybody and we will certainly be returning again next year !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those who prefer water activities, the resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select- reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa