We booked this hotel after reading many excellent reviews on TA
Just got back from a weeks stay at the best all inclusive resort we have ever been to. The services were excellent whether it be in a restaurant or the lobby. The staffs were very friendly and helpful, especially the F.O manager Kannan who is the biggest asset to the hotel and who was there for us whenever we needed anything. Nishanthan, another asset to the hotel with a great smile welcoming everyone into the breakfast room.
Me and my husband had initially booked a sea-view room which had two double beds. I would say its not really a big enough for a couple. So, when we met Kannan the next morning we asked him that if we could have two beds together. He just accepted our request with a smile and a 'No problem madam.' it was quite shocking to see the beds put together as soon as we went back to our room- which was only about an hour or so after we requested. That same evening he introduced the room services manager and told us that any issues regarding room services he's the one to talk to. But that was the first and last time we saw him anyway since there was no complaints about their excellent and prompt services.
There were about four different types of restaurant to go for dinner. Lebanese, Italian, Asian and Greek. The was always the main cafe option if we didn't like the food in any of these four. The options were amazing in all restaurants. Every dinner felt like a valentines with candlelights and music:-)
There were also many options to spend your day- from relaxing at the beach to all kind of water sports activities. My husband was just too busy with the activities that he didn't even have time to make use of the sun beds. But we managed to fit the horse riding an hour before we left. A week was definitely not enough for us. Il recommend two weeks for anybody who's planning.
All in all- the experience was great. I don't normally write reviews about hotels or services that I've been to but I just had to for this one since we are considering another trip. So am sure you would have guessed the number of stars am going to give for this one:-) Il definately give more stars if I could. This hotel is really an example of a 5-star service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga is just 12 km away from the Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the Palm Royale. Furthermore, several a la carte restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada