We have just returned from a 4 week holiday at the Palm Royale. We have visited a number of hotels in Egypt and consider this by far the best. If you asked me "why?" I would have to answer "because of everything". The hotel is elegant. It is exceptionally well maintained and every time you walk through it there is another treasure to admire that was previously missed, whether it be a mural or a piece of artwork on one of the plinths.
The food is really good and you have unlimited access to the 4 a la carte restaurants by following a simple booking process. We loved them all, the Lebanese, Asian. Italian and the Greek. Each one had its own personality and were staffed by a very professional team.
Pool area is spacious and clean and the beach is a very relaxing place to lay on a sunbed! The spa pool is heated at this time of the year and is close to the tempting spa and the well equipped gym and the table tennis tables.
Future guests may find it useful to know that there is a small book exchange in the business centre.
However, what makes this resort so fantastic is the people who work there to make your stay extra special. I am not going to mention any names because they work as a team and I would not like to leave anyone out. The management team are very much in evidence and will do anything in their power to help you. The waiters in the bars and restaurants with their super service; the room guys with their amazing towel sculptures; the guest relations team, always smiling and making sure you are having a hassle free break; the cleaning staff who keep everything including the toilets spotless; the guys on the beach helping you have fun and introducing you to the resident pets (camel, donkey, horses - all well fed and looked after); the reception team always ready to help and of course the chefs who cook the wonderful food.
The hotel is situated on a bay with a safe sandy beach and watersports are available. It is some distance from Hurghada but we could not think of any reason to want to leave the hotel although we did hear good reports on the available excursions.
The Palm Royale definitely deserves its 5 star rating and we will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga is just 12 km away from the Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the Palm Royale. Furthermore, several a la carte restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada