“Not up to high expectations”

Hilton Hurghada Resort
Ranked #31 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This hotel is probably good value for money if you travel by charter and buy the all inclusive package. But for those looking for a peaceful and romantic retreat please do not go here. Did not fulfil our expectations based on a Hilton 5 star resort with regard to food and service in restaurant.

Second time in Egypt but first time both of us two adults got sick in stomach and only consumed at the hotel. A number of times we noted that glasses were not clean or partly broken when we got them filled up with drinks. Guests mainly being russian all inclusive guests probably makes it difficult for the hotel to offer any good/more exclusive alternatives to the noisy help yourself buffet restaurant. The other restaurants in the hotel feels most like something Hilton has to offer to be able to put the stars on the hotel since they accept very few guests even though the spaces are large and they offer simlar food as in the buffet restaurant. Also the entertainment is adapted for the russian guests. Everybody speak russian as first choice of language.

Among good things ca be mentioned a fantastic location, buildings and great pool area and beach as well as generally friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunate since they do not have the time in the buffet restaurant to give any service due to stress.

Hotel may also need a renovation. Our minibar was broke among other smaller things.

Left the hotell with the feeling of sorry for the employees who try do good but somehow do not have the resources in relationmto the guests they have. It is all a matter of expectations if you love this hotel or not.

1  Thank Noahmaco
dongobouta, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to fill in trip advisor .

We greatly appreciate any feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am really concerned to notice that you have not enjoyed your stay at the Resort. Please accept my sincere apologizes for any inconvenience.

Should your time permits, please write back details of the problems encountered as it is only through comments received from guests such as your good self that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton and regret the dissatisfaction of a valued guest like your good self.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort, should you decide to give the Resort another chance, and in any of our Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands in the near future.

HILTON HURGHADA RESORT

Write a ReviewReviews (2,717)

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I just arrived back from vacation at the Hilton Hurghada Resort. I've been to Egypt several times before, and I really enjoyed the time here more than in other hotels before. The staff was helpful and very friendly, all of them very polite and were always smiling. The room was also nice, friendly and clean. The food was excellent, very tasty. The beach was small and quite, I enjoyed it so much. The hotel has a wonderful garden with lots of plants and colorful flowers. I just can recommend it for all tourists who would like to enjoy Egyptian hospitality!:))

1  Thank Judu84
dongobouta, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you are satisfied with the services provided to your good self throughout your stay.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I just come back from vacations with my family at the Hilton Resorts in Hurghada in Egypt. It was my first experience in Egypt, i spent a really nice time. The place is very pretty, the rooms are comfortable. The reception service was outstanding, the food acceptable with nice presence and very tasty. The only major thing i didn't enjoy was the animation and the activities. There is not such animation team, when they come only at 10 am to the beach and play some music till 4 pm. What about the rest of the time, what about the interaction with the people, what about the music "only disco". Disregarding the animation the rest was great, we ride in camel and went out for dinner to a restaurant in the city. We selected this hotel because our child and because it was near to the sea. There is large places to take a walk with your family, there is special food for the kids and sometimes there are activities for them. I invite you to visit the Hilton Hurghada Resorts and share my experience. ;)

1  Thank Tania y Alejand... M
dongobouta, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to fill in Trip Advisor .

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days the rooms are very big and well furnished the beds and bedding were extreamly comfortable, cleanleness in the bathroom really let it down [ see photos] we stayed all inclusive and the food was tasty and well cooked with a huge choice, the beach was very small and very crowded we found it more pleasent around the pool area. On our last night I had a bad fall coming out of the lift after dinner three marble steps from the lift to foyer that were difficult to see, only one staff member came to help and the manager only asked how I was after my husband informed him of the accident he didn't bother coming to see me. The morning of our departure we were left to struggle with our cases and my twisted foot! For a hotel chain that is considered to be one of the best I was somwhat dissapointed.

Room Tip: rooms oppisite the main hotel quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tulie
dongobouta, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Please rest assured that your feedback has been communicated to concerned department heads for necessary action, where applicable.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel was nice

The highlight of my stay was Mr. Ahmed the guest relation. A professional young man who knows how to host hilton honors guests extremely well.

Room was spacious, and very clean, pictures attached of the room.
I loved the colours, they were really nice.

In the morning you get to listen to those lovely birds ... amazing really.

The location was good, especially for those who enjoy long walks ...

the food was great.

The hotel was really good for the money you pay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Muhammad A
dongobouta, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Reviewed 3 October 2012

An amazing holiday, a very enjoyable stay! Too many Russians and a small beach! Rooms clean and big, the food very tasty! Super animators and super fun!The kids loved the mini disco and kids corner!high level of service, deserves 5 stars!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank franek j
dongobouta, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stay at the Hilton was very successful. lots of greenery, very good food, friendly and professional service. small beach, but the entrance to the sea ideal for children. Two weeks of rest and sunshine - super! big thanks to the animation team - cancan, farid! thanks to them our holiday was even more fun, more interesting. during the entire day was something to do (aqua gym, volleyball, dance lesson, shows) - unforgettable! definitely I'll come back to this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple