“A good resort for short holiday”

Ranked #42 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
“A good resort for short holiday”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank alaamdk
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Hellow,

On behalf of Hotel Management, I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and taking time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed stay in our property and the services provided to your good self at the Resort.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of our Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of brands in the near future.

Quality Assurance Manger
+2 065 3465036/37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We really enjoyed staying at The Hilton Resort Hurghada. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The choice of food was brilliant. Our lovely room over looked beautiful gardens. Would love to go back one day.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandra657
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Hi

Kindest Regards,

Hurghada, Egypt
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I am so glad to stay in such hotel ... all the staff is very helpful and friendly, i get used to visit this hotel alone at the beginning then i start to bring my family who loved the hotel more than home, the house keeping staff is amazing, waiters in the restaurants and bars are wonderful, if you went once to the bar they remember what you like to drink and you will get it without even asking any more ... front office team is awesome they always smile and they always have solution to every problem, gardeners are making a masterpiece, and nothing is better than one gardener meets you in the morning and give one flower with nice smile. i am happy to consider my self one of the regular guests and VIP as well ... thank you all for such fabulous level of service.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mahmoudabdelfattah54
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Hi Mohamed,

+2 0653465036/37
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I recently stayed at The Hilton Resort, Hurghada, with my wife and two boys.
We had a troubelled start to our holiday as our three suitcases didn't arrive with us. The mamngement of the hotel, in particular, Mr Abdel Aziz Mahmoud and Mr Fathy Galila, were very simperthetic to our position and arranged for us (accompanied by Mr Fathy Galila) to be driven to a shopping centre to purchase some temporary clothing etc. Whilst we were there we were also taken for some food and drinks which the Hotel paid for along with the taxi. The management resolved our missing luggage situation (not the airline) and we received the cases two days later.
The service and attention to detail around the Hotel was first class and we wish to thank Mr Mahmoud and Mr Galila and all their staff for turning a disater in to one of the best holidays we have ever had.

Simon from Hastings

Room Tip: By the beach on the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Hellow Simon,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and taking time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Had the displeasure of spending 2 nights, New Year's eve and "celebrated" New Year's Day here. After a wonderful cruise, Hurghada was a perfect place to kick back and enjoy festivities. As we were travelling as a family of 4, we requested for an adjoining room way in advance. When we checked in, we were indeed given adjoining rooms. However, the water heater in one of the rooms was not working and the other room had electrical issues that housekeeping and the hotel maintenance guys could not fix. No lights, no electricity, nothing worked except the toilet in that room. When we called reception for a change of rooms, they could not offer any other adjoining rooms. We asked if we could have any 2 rooms as long as they are next to each other or a junior suite so that we could be together for New Year. We were told that suites were available but that we had to pay for the difference. There were no other rooms next to each other apparently. We had no choice but to keep the 2 current rooms and asked for an extra bed so the kids could squeeze in.

Decided to go for a swim. As it was winter, the water was cold in the evening. The guys manning the towel station tried helping by asking us to go across the road as there was a heated pool in the spa. At the same time, they were also trying to hit on young female guests who were walking by. I had my 2 kids with me when this was happening. When we got to the spa pool, we were told that we had to pay to swim there even though we were guests. Only after some cajoling were we allowed to swim quietly for a while. Guess what? The indoor pool was NOT heated.

New Year's Eve dinner started promisingly at the hotel. Nice welcome cocktails and tables decorated with party paraphernalia. Buy that's where it ended. The food spread looked good but tasted horrible. Meat was overdone and chewy. Should have known when one of the salad dressings was labelled "Herpes". The after dinner party and show was equally crappy with lots of intervals as the same dancers needed to make their costume changes. We left way before midnight as we were falling asleep at the show.

But the worst experience for us was the service and discrimination we observed. We could not get any sort of service whatever during meals. No top-ups for water or drinks, requests for cutlery went unheeded. This was not the same for "some" guests though. My wife asked for tea during breakfast. She was told to help herself to tea bags and the hot water dispenser next to the bread counter. However, we also noticed that other guests were served tea and coffee through prepared flasks by the waiters and sitting on warmers. Only when we pointed to the flasks were we finally served. However, while the staff was pouring my wife's cup midway, another staff snatched it away to fill another guest's cup before returning to fill ours.

Luckily, we had much a better experience at HARD ROCK CAFE down the road for our New Year's lunch. The staff there were so warm and friendly and obliging. So unless you are some VIP or regular at this Hilton, give this a miss. I think it's just them. We had good experiences at other hotels in Egypt.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank K_Khong
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Hi,

I would like to thank you for having the time to write and post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor website.

We are grateful for your feedback as it will serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve the highest standard of hospitality excellence.

I was really disappointed to learn that we weren’t able to meet your expectations in regards to your room cleanliness and some individual team members’ attitude. I fully understand your dissatisfaction and please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience encountered.

I would like to assure you that your feedback has been communicated to concerned Department Heads and will be seriously dealt with. Moreover, severe corrective actions will be taken as appropriate, with all concerned and/or involved personnel.

Please be assured that the hotel continues to make every effort to ensure all practices and procedures are in line with strict safety and hygiene regulations in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our first "all inclusive" holiday, it was nice relaxing time better than expected.
Only 50% ocuppied, always possible to find some table in the restaurant or in the bar.

Very profesionnal staff
Beautifull Gardening
Good food
With 1EUR tips you will get better servis everydas:-)
Of course for imported drinks you have to pay separatelly, tastes also better:-)

.......only missing a deliciouse European wine:-(

Room Tip: Opposite the main hotel nice quite rooms with swimming pool
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
Hi Eva,

+2 065 3465 036/37
italy
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My compliments to the professionalism and helpfulness of all the staff at the Hilton resort.
Certainly go back with pleasure to stay at the Hotel.
My disappointment was not finding medical care 24 of 24, but with a certain time
Mihaela

Room Tip: The rooms are very quiet in the garden
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor.

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you were satisfied with the services provided to your good self through out your stay amongst us.

In respect to your comment, and referring to your comment concerning medical care, I would like to inform you that our doctor is available during daytime, however during night, he's available upon request.

Kindly rest assured that the satisfaction of our valued guests such as your good self is & will always remain our greatest aim.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands in the near future.

Best Regards,