“Yep, I would go here again!”

Ranked #37 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 15 February 2013

When I arrived I was greeted by the hotel's minibus driver in what I will call the 'sun van' and taken to the hotel.

Although I've had many friends stay and enjoy themselves I was still apprehensive... Until I was welcomed into the hotel by the ebullient and hard working Guest Relations manager, Fathy Galela who ensured I got started right away with a delicious and thoughtfully non-alcoholic cocktail.

I was at the Hotel for 9 days on business and I cannot even begin to fully express how much I enjoyed myself. To be fair, the hotel is not perfect, a fact the Fathy both acknowledges AND works tirelessly, and with endless good cheer, to rectify.... And that is what makes it special. Overall the entire staff, from Fathy and Aziz (hotel manager) to everyone on the animation team (sorry guys aside from Mizo and Mahmoud[?] I didn't mange to get all your names) even Abdul(?) my room attendant greeted me daily with huge smiles and a 'we'll fix it' attitude. Nothing seemed too much trouble.

Ok. Perhaps it's silly for a business trip but I couldn't help but feel charmed by how many different ways they could make my room special by fashioning ducks, boats, rings, and other things, with towels laid on the bed each morning. I even came in one day to find the garments I left drying outside, neatly folded on the bureau... I was surprised and VERY grateful.

The food was a good mix of European and Arab influence cuisine with many dishes from around the world. Everything was well seasoned and I LOVED my daily omlets. The food was EVERYWHERE and it was hard to go hungry... Or diet.... But as a slow-carbber I found it easy to satisfy myself and 'go for it' on my cheat day.

I was on all-inclusive but I rarely sampled the alcoholic drinks however my colleges informed me that they were largely satisfactory. The evening shows well simple, a bit short, but wholly entertaining. I imagine they "sparkle" when in their normal poolside home which was closed for it's winter nap.

The beach was lovely and well kept and I REALLY wish I had discovered the pier earlier in my trip. I love the outdoor dining available there. The sea was a quite chilly in contrast to the hot sun, however it was sooooo comfortable after only a few minutes.. Again, I wish I had had more time during my visit. On overcast days I went to the pool in my spare time. Some of the equipment was in need of repair but ultimately it was very nice and perfect shelter from the cool wind when overcast. The towel guys... First class!

The gym was adequate with a small collection of free weights and a weight machine with nearby tennis courts and squash courts.

In the evening it was very Romantic if you were with a partner. I enjoyed sitting on my ground floor patio having informal business discussions, sipping my chamomile tea while watching the lovers stroll the gardens, or on two nights enjoying the discos....not my style of music but I had fun anyway.

Again... The place was not perfect, and I could list it's shortcomings but preferred to share them directly with the amenable and conscientious Mr. Galela. Fix those problems and you'll blow away the competition.. ( incidentally during this same trip I also stayed at the gorgeous, elegant, and sumptuous Mövenpick Hotel in El Gouna.... I preferred the Hilton Resort Hurghada... See my review for Mövenpick) I REALLY enjoyed my visit and feel very happy recommending the hotel to all but the pickiest traveller.... Oh he'll I'll even recommend to them too (wink).

Room Tip: Ground floor beach side is quiet and lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

On behalf of Hotel Management, I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and taking time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed stay in our property and the services provided to your good self at the Resort and that we can met you expectation, kindly be assured that we will do our best in your next stay in order to exceed your expectation for enhance your satisfaction.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of our Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of brands in the near future.

+2 0653465036/37

Write a ReviewReviews (2,561)

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Just came back again from a wonderful stay at the hotel. The hotel has lovely lush gardens, friendly and helpful staff, and a wonderful array of food choices during all of the meals served; breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is something for everyone. The hotel's superb location, located on the 7km pedestrian boardwalk, meant that i was able to stroll along the boardwalk, get in some free fitness :), as well as do some souvenir shopping wiithout having to hail a cab to take me from location to the other.
This is the second time that I've been to the hotel and will most definatly return again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank S M

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and taking time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed stay in our property and the services provided to your good self at the Resort.

+20 65 3465036/37

Reviewed 11 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank alaamdk

Hellow,

Quality Assurance Manger

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We really enjoyed staying at The Hilton Resort Hurghada. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The choice of food was brilliant. Our lovely room over looked beautiful gardens. Would love to go back one day.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandra657
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Hi

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I am so glad to stay in such hotel ... all the staff is very helpful and friendly, i get used to visit this hotel alone at the beginning then i start to bring my family who loved the hotel more than home, the house keeping staff is amazing, waiters in the restaurants and bars are wonderful, if you went once to the bar they remember what you like to drink and you will get it without even asking any more ... front office team is awesome they always smile and they always have solution to every problem, gardeners are making a masterpiece, and nothing is better than one gardener meets you in the morning and give one flower with nice smile. i am happy to consider my self one of the regular guests and VIP as well ... thank you all for such fabulous level of service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mahmoudabdelfattah54
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Hi Mohamed,

+2 0653465036/37

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I recently stayed at The Hilton Resort, Hurghada, with my wife and two boys.
We had a troubelled start to our holiday as our three suitcases didn't arrive with us. The mamngement of the hotel, in particular, Mr Abdel Aziz Mahmoud and Mr Fathy Galila, were very simperthetic to our position and arranged for us (accompanied by Mr Fathy Galila) to be driven to a shopping centre to purchase some temporary clothing etc. Whilst we were there we were also taken for some food and drinks which the Hotel paid for along with the taxi. The management resolved our missing luggage situation (not the airline) and we received the cases two days later.
The service and attention to detail around the Hotel was first class and we wish to thank Mr Mahmoud and Mr Galila and all their staff for turning a disater in to one of the best holidays we have ever had.

Simon from Hastings

Room Tip: By the beach on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Hellow Simon,

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Had the displeasure of spending 2 nights, New Year's eve and "celebrated" New Year's Day here. After a wonderful cruise, Hurghada was a perfect place to kick back and enjoy festivities. As we were travelling as a family of 4, we requested for an adjoining room way in advance. When we checked in, we were indeed given adjoining rooms. However, the water heater in one of the rooms was not working and the other room had electrical issues that housekeeping and the hotel maintenance guys could not fix. No lights, no electricity, nothing worked except the toilet in that room. When we called reception for a change of rooms, they could not offer any other adjoining rooms. We asked if we could have any 2 rooms as long as they are next to each other or a junior suite so that we could be together for New Year. We were told that suites were available but that we had to pay for the difference. There were no other rooms next to each other apparently. We had no choice but to keep the 2 current rooms and asked for an extra bed so the kids could squeeze in.

Decided to go for a swim. As it was winter, the water was cold in the evening. The guys manning the towel station tried helping by asking us to go across the road as there was a heated pool in the spa. At the same time, they were also trying to hit on young female guests who were walking by. I had my 2 kids with me when this was happening. When we got to the spa pool, we were told that we had to pay to swim there even though we were guests. Only after some cajoling were we allowed to swim quietly for a while. Guess what? The indoor pool was NOT heated.

New Year's Eve dinner started promisingly at the hotel. Nice welcome cocktails and tables decorated with party paraphernalia. Buy that's where it ended. The food spread looked good but tasted horrible. Meat was overdone and chewy. Should have known when one of the salad dressings was labelled "Herpes". The after dinner party and show was equally crappy with lots of intervals as the same dancers needed to make their costume changes. We left way before midnight as we were falling asleep at the show.

But the worst experience for us was the service and discrimination we observed. We could not get any sort of service whatever during meals. No top-ups for water or drinks, requests for cutlery went unheeded. This was not the same for "some" guests though. My wife asked for tea during breakfast. She was told to help herself to tea bags and the hot water dispenser next to the bread counter. However, we also noticed that other guests were served tea and coffee through prepared flasks by the waiters and sitting on warmers. Only when we pointed to the flasks were we finally served. However, while the staff was pouring my wife's cup midway, another staff snatched it away to fill another guest's cup before returning to fill ours.

Luckily, we had much a better experience at HARD ROCK CAFE down the road for our New Year's lunch. The staff there were so warm and friendly and obliging. So unless you are some VIP or regular at this Hilton, give this a miss. I think it's just them. We had good experiences at other hotels in Egypt.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank K_Khong
Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Hi,

I would like to thank you for having the time to write and post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor website.

We are grateful for your feedback as it will serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve the highest standard of hospitality excellence.

I was really disappointed to learn that we weren’t able to meet your expectations in regards to your room cleanliness and some individual team members’ attitude. I fully understand your dissatisfaction and please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience encountered.

I would like to assure you that your feedback has been communicated to concerned Department Heads and will be seriously dealt with. Moreover, severe corrective actions will be taken as appropriate, with all concerned and/or involved personnel.

Please be assured that the hotel continues to make every effort to ensure all practices and procedures are in line with strict safety and hygiene regulations in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,