“Great hotel!”
Review of Dana Beach Resort

Dana Beach Resort
Ranked #30 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I was there quite long time ago with my dad during the winter season (before NY), was checking prices for this year and decided to leave my review. Its a very nice place to have rest with family. I liked everything: cleanliness and common look of the hotel, quality of service, attitude towards me, food, beach. That time i was searching for the hotel with less russian people because knew well how most of our people prefer to spend vacations =)) and i found exactly what i needed - quiet, comfortable and beautiful place. Egyptians didnt disturb me much (probaby thought that dad is my lover :D just looked surprised sometimes), so i enjoyed my leave to the fullest. I wish 1day i will go there again with my husband because all memories about Dana Beach are only positive.
(P.S. - i was there earlier than 2011..but couldnt stop myself from writing review, and other people went there after me and left only good comments - so, i know that the hotel is still the same great)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Svetu

Reviewed 9 June 2012

My wife and I have been 14 times to the Dana and we can't fault the food, people or the accomadation. Our only problem this visit is we had £640.00 taken from our safe. It's partly my fault for not checking the safe was locked before going to dinner, but we were distracted by the room boy and the room supervisor.The safe when shut looks like it's locked. It doesn't have a spring on it to alert you that the safe is not locked. When reported to the management they believed we had lost the money!!!! Hey, try loosing £640 from a shut large wallet without noticing it!! That was the attitude of the top management. They did not believe they had a thief in the hotel, because the person who took the money left £260 in the wallet and if it had been stolen he would have taken all the money. That's the mind set of these people. The Police said it was done by a professional and this person had done this before. So don't be put off the Dana by our experience, it's a great hotel, just BEWARE!!!
ABD ALAAL the chief chef is brilliant and makes sure all the food in all the resturaunts is of the highest quality.
By the way our visit was on 21st May until 4th June 2012 and this last visit will make it a toal of 28 weeks we have stayed at the Dana over 7 years and that's why we are not happy with the Dana's managements reaction to the theft.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Supra29
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed for 7 nights,and every our hour there was a great pleasure.Great staff ,great facilities and food!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niky1912
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We arrived at the Dana Beach Resort after a 7 day Nile Cruise and a 5 hour transfer from Luxor to Hurghada thanks to a small problem with transport. We were greeted at reception and seated with a cold fruit cocktail while waiting to be checked in. What can we say!!. We were only there for 5 days and wish we had booked for a fortnight! Our room was comfortable and kept very clean by the onsite staff every day. Everywhere on the complex, staff could be seen cleaning, gardening etc in an effort to keep the place spotlessly clean which they certainly did.The food was very good with a decent choice and the waiting on staff could not have been more attentive.The complex itself is absolutely massive but a sunbed or a shady spot could always be found, our favourite spot being the pool by the tennis courts with the 4 poster sunbeds which always seemed to be quiet.The all inclusive element was excellent and staff were certainly not stingy with measures , constantly asking if you wanted more wine, beer etc.All in all a great hotel that I would recommend whole heartedly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TGAR1961
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stay for 7 nights, but next time we try to find an offer for minimum 10 nights.
Nice and friendly.
A lot of parents with small children, but acceptable, not to noisy.
Good services but the restaurants don't offer a large variety of cuisine. The same in all.
Don't make shopping in the resort shops. 10 time higher prices than the shops by crossing only the street.
With a 5-10 € tips you get a perfect room.
Rooms in group 2000 and 3000 are larger than 1000.
Don't accept rooms at the last level. Is to hot.
If you try to find an umbrella in first road near to see, go to the beach before 6:00.
Is not necessary to stay there all day, only leave your towels or a scarf around the umbrella.
Enjoy your stay.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank vaspa
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The hotel itself was great. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I aksed to swap rooms as my first didn't have a balcony, and they moved me straight away. Very clean, lovely restaurants and plenty of choice of food, quite a few pools to choose from-some heated, its own beach-although be warned it is not a sandy beach and so its a little harsh on your feet-take some beach shoes! My only complaint would be that I was the only english person there at one point. Full of germans and russians who either can't speak english and those that do don't want to. Did put a little bit of a dampner on the week, so I wouldn't recommend this hotel for single english people. But then again, it is the luck of the draw, next time it could be full of english people! I would go again, but next time with a group of people

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank cle200
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We arrived on the 20th April 2012 for a 1 week stay. I can not find fault with the hotel. It was spotlessly clean, the food was varied and delicious. There were 5 different restaurants. The hotel was huge with several large pools including one for children with slides etc and one heated pool. There is a winding lazy river around the grounds and if you are also lazy, you can get a boat to the beach!! The beach is lovely with a sandy beach and a little bit of a reef. The only thing was that there were a few jelly fish in the sea, but they dont sting and it is seasonal. The staff actually try to fish them out. There are plenty of sun loungers and windbreaks. The beach bar is fantastic and they have freshly cooked pizza and BBQ meats there for lunch. The toilets are also spotlessly clean.
We didn't leave the complex in the evenings as there was enough to keep us entertained in the evenings with different restaurants and entertainment.
The only negative was that the hotel was full of Germans, who in the main tended to be quite rude and not popular with the staff. On the plus side this meant that the staff give the English extra good service, just because we say please and thankyou. I have also found that the English can also be rude and offensive on holiday so i wouldn't say this was a major issue. The Germans have also moved on from towels on sunloungers to the German flag stuck in the windbreaks to reserve them. This isn't a problem as there are plently to go round and is more amusing than annoying. The only issue was a stolen bikini and beach towel on the first evening. I was upset as they left mine and only took my friends. Very insulting!
In summary this is a lovely hotel and as everything is done for you, a perfect relaxing place. Even the people trying to sell trips etc on the beach left you alone once you said no. The food was delicious and we did not have any dodgy tummy troubles at all. The staff in the hotel were so warm and friendly and could not do enough for you. A wonderful hotel and i would have no hesitation recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a room near the main reception which was a hike to the beach, but handy for food. I didn'...