“Titanic Resort, Hurghada, Egypt.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park

Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park
Ranked #122 of 229 Hotels in Hurghada
Harwich, United Kingdom
“Titanic Resort, Hurghada, Egypt.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2008

Using Thomas Cook, me and my friend booked the Titanic Beach Spa and Aqua Park online. I actually looked on here for reviews, however, not finding them useful, I booked the holiday regardless of what was said about it.

The hotel we stayed at is about 10minutes drive from the Hurghada airport, however, it's a half hour drive into the main down town area where most of the shops, bars, clubs and restaurants are.

There was some confusion over which hotel was ours since there is another Titanic resort without the beach, further up the street, nearer to the airport (you'll pass it on your right on the way to the beach resort and it looks like the actual titanic!). You should however have access to the ali baba beach resort if you stay here.

CLUBS: Sekalla is about 5/10 mintues closer and on the way to the heart of the town and has clubs such as Hed Candy, Ministry of Sound as well as others (Hard Rock Cafe incl.!). Only 5/10 minutes away from the hotel is the famous Havana Club which costs about £5 to get in (expensive for Egypt), but is worth it if you are willing to spend the same on drinks. Most clubs offer a free drink with their entry price and the £8 admission to Calipso (a more "local" club) gives you extra free entry for other times so is worth it at the start of the holiday. Sphinx is apparently also quite popular.

I had a nasty experience in Havana Club which was that a worker had given me (and assured me of) a free drink which was actually not so free so I argued with management but it is run by men (as everything is) who do not tend to care about a female's opinion... thus I gave up and paid the money!

CULTURE (REGARDING WOMEN): That's something I warned of in my previous Egyptian review... the way women are treated over there. I went this time with another female friend of the same age and we got a bit too much attention walking through the streets of shops. Don't let this deter you from going though because it is their culture that you are coming in to. Oh and I received my first serious marriage proposal, which was nice from a guy I had known for a week!! Going in to the town with local friendly guys from the hotel may seem a bit risky but is actually a good idea since they give protection from other men around. It is up to you.

Anyway, HOTEL was fabulous FAB fabulous and no nasty bug surprizes (well considering the potential encounters that could be had). The hotel staff also spray repellent outside the rooms each night and we were virtually bite free for the whole holiday because of this. The place was extremely CLEAN and very friendly.

BEING ILL: My friend was very ILL in the second week and we used the hotel doctor and got an injection (like my ex did in Luxor). The medication wasn't too pricey but they charged over £40 for being called out (their office is 10mins away). Therefore, if you are ill then do try and reach the clinic, unless you are really as ill as my friend was. The verdict was food poisoning, but out of the many friends we made at the hotel, my friend had the worst experience. Me and others had a small, expected case of the squits! Although we could have watched what we ate a bit more, e.g. less salad ect.

Talking of FOOD! The buffet in Jack's and Rose's (the two all inclusive restuarants) was great and changed every night. There was traditional bits of Egyptian culture with the option of chips and pasta for those fussy eaters or for a break. The hotel also offered a free A La Carte option once a week from either the fish, the oriental, or the italian restuarant. There was also a beach bar at the end of the resort as well as one nearer to the pool bar.

The STAFF were fantastic... some were fairly hot! The pool bar had great service as did the beach bar. When my friend was ill on the beach, the staff showed much concern and were kinder then they had to be.

Evening entertainment was best at the beach bar, including a show of local dancing tradition where they did try and make you dance but didn't force it. There iss a DJ most other nights here. Other live music is upstairs, above the restuarants. One night there was lovely acoustic sessions going on.

POOL: massive. Pool bar: wicked. Watch out for the milk though, even though the "special choc milkshakes" are tempting. Get to the beds early eg 7am if you want to beat the Germans or pick up one easily at the PRIVATE BEACH further down and come back to the pool early evening for a seat. At the beach there are the odd one or two who go topless because there are windbreaks for privacy. I was one of these few! Great for ultimate tannage.

Shisa is wonderful and nothing like smoking normal cigerettes and also nothing like any other types of harder drugs (it has been mistaken for this). The fruity smells are relaxing and the taste is delicious. Go for Apple.

There is a great massage parlour (cheap and incl. a woman massause for squeemish ladies) and you should be entitled to one free session (get your activity card for these things). As well as a free hairstlye session (I would NOT recommend this! Ha ha!).

EXCURSIONS: do go SCUBA diving (only expect to pay about £35 for a day with lunch) and go QUADDING on the desert to visit the beoduin camps! (pay about £25, although we paid less for last minute booking). You can practice scuba in the hotel pool for free. I didn't like it, so I decided not to go, but my friend went with other English girls and loved the experience. Quadding was hot and very fast... also not incredibly safe... but fantastic. We didn't go in a big group which we liked but others may not if they want to feel a bit safer but more crowded. Cover your arms and legs and wear a supportive bra!!!! Bring big sunglasses. Headscarfs are provided.

There may be bits and bobs I have missed out so do please email me for more info. I can also tell you about prices and about the Hurghada airport as well as Visas.

• Liked — The staff and opportunity to meet other holiday makers as well as the actual facilities there.
  • Disliked — Not so close to clubs and better shops ect.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
5 Thank FaithVictoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

This hotel was great, the staff couldnt do enough very friendly, The main thing is if you have kids they will love it ,
We didnt see them hardly as they played all day in the aqa park or on the beach sea wasnt very deep so they played in the sea for hours and it was safe with plenty of life gaurds food was plentyful with plenty of variety had deli belli first few days but thats eygpt!! as your stomach ajust so take plenty of imodium but that didnt bother us so long as you tip the cleaner he will keep you in toilette roll and even do a bit of towel origarmi in your room every day ,
Rooms and hotel are very clean and one of the things i noticed is that for an all inclusive the drinks were fluent and in real glasses full wine and beer measures and a mini bar that is constantly toped up with free soft drinks !! i cant really fault this hotel ok its new a few teething problem like 30 second power cuts and building work that you never heard or bothered you but all in all it was great for us we had a great time the night club had just opened and looked great they should change the dj though and get the head of animation to do it as when he did a set he catered for everyone not just the germans playing hard tecno music,
We made alot of friends from diferent nationalitie,s and the waiters the managenent the life gaurds everyone was extremely friendly they really made are holiday we are plannig going back again with the friends we met there this year thats how good it was

• Liked — clean and friendly
  • Disliked — could do with a plug socket by the dressing out table
4 Thank leighsha
Highlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

Just back from 14 days at LTI Titanic Beach - not Titanic Resort - six adults in our party, and like the previous review the only downfall is the entertainment, its so bad its entertaining, just watching the Russians enjoying it was hilarious!! The place is still a work in progress, and I think when its finished and they tweek all the little bits that need sorting it will be fantastic. Building work going on down at the flumes but if this causes you annoyance then seriously there is something wrong with you, you would hardly notice anything going on. Our rooms were kept immaculate, staff were so friendly (but then we are rather a friendly lot ourselves, something the staff commented on) we were waited on hand and foot, could not fault the staff in any way. Lots of pools, flumes, sunbeds (although for ones round the main pools you will have to get up early to beat the Germans) but we were not bothered, we just used the beds down by the flumes and at the beach. Be prepared for the rudeness of the German and Russian guests, I wouldnt have believed it until I experienced it, but we just started pointing out to them how ill mannered they were and didnt let them off with a thing. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and certainly you can find little faults here and there, but they are very minor things that the hotel are working on, my motto is dont go looking, enjoy your holiday, who wants to spend their holiday looking for stupid little things that really dont matter.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank peacheshighlands
rotherham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2008

been back just over two weeks now would not recomend this holiday to any brittish people.The germans and russains invaid the place with there arrogance and rude manners.The hotel its self is ok the rooms are big and spacious the food is rubbish same all the time again and mainly german and russain food no english...The staff are very plesant but at the beach bar be aware that they serve alcohol to minors and are very ignorant.The aqua park is good and the staff are very plesant but be warned that if your not back within an hr then your towels and belongings are put into a bag and others use your lounges.Also be warned that you have to get your towels on the beds early as otherwise the germans get them all and i mean early 6am ....The hotel dosent have entertainment unless you call bingo with loads of different languages entertainment english being the last language spoken.The kids did have a disco but again in german or russian language. The only good thing was the few english people we met there who where great.I would definatley say that this hotel is no way near a five star maybe a 3 if your lucky .Would i go back NO NOT IN A MILLION YEARS !!!!

• Liked — very spacious rooms
  • Disliked — beds very uncomfortable
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

Perth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2008

Good Points are - hotel is new; the pool is fab, its huge; cleanliness is excellent; rooms are nice with plasma tv's and about 3/4 channels in English; bathrooms are well laid out with huge walk in showers; mini bar in room with soft drinks and water free of charge; waterpark was good but its small and last but not least the weather was fantastic.

Trips - Jeep Safari with Quads was fab and well worth it - do buy the scarf they sell you separately as you will most definitely need it. Snorkelling was good but there was about 12 boats in the same area so very busy!

Bad Points are - staff are rude; service in the restaurants is non-existent until you tip then you will get service; all the sunbeds are gone by about 8am; food was awful; in the evening they consistently run out of glasses; the gym was non-existent as its not finished yet; the hotel is not completed so some things like the gym, spa etc are not actually there; hotel overrun by Russians, Germans and French a lot of whom have no manners at all, push in in queue's and shout constantly.

All inclusive didn't include ice lolly's, water bottle refils, activities in the games area, certain cocktails at the bar, cans of beer to take to the room and they want to give you tiny glasses of everything.

Taxi's are cheap but don't take you where you ask, they take you to their friend shops who then try to rip you off with massively inflated prices (if you survive the journey I closed my eyes a lot!). The number of pavement sellers in the town itself is horrendous to the point you don't want to look at anything as you will be hussled into a shop.

At the airport when leaving absolutely everyone is looking for money including the guard at the final check point to go into departures - he pointed at my husbands change and said "for me" and we felt we had to give it to him.

Tips - to get a sunbed you can pay the pool guys to reserve one for you and they will keep one until about 9am for you; one good tip to one of the waiters and they will then reserve table for you and serve you drinks etc; take dollars as everything in the duty free is priced in dollars and they inflate the price when they change it to UK sterling or Egyptian Pounds. Take immodium as you are almost guaranteed a bout of Egyptian tummy!

My husband had been to Egypt in 2005 and felt that since then service etc has all gone downhill. Based on this holiday we won't be going back to either this hotel or Egypt.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — the food
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank poodsuk
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

We stayed at the Titanic Bach and Aqua Park hotel for 14 nights. When we arrived I thought what a beautiful hotel. If like us when being taken to our appartment, I thought we would never reach it.

The beach is lovely and lunch there is served from 12:30 to 16:30 there and also served at the main food hall. The food hall where breakfast, lunch and dinner is served is very nice and air conditioned. The flys are a pain in the neck, landing on your table, food and drinks. This is the only fault I had with the food side of things.

The hotel is owned by LTI who are German. Lots and lots of Germans, Dutch and Russians here. Be very early to get a sun lounger and I am being deadly serious. However you have the beach and sun loungers at the water flumes that are great too. Water rapids and lots of slides to go on.

I would say that the main thing that the hotel lacks is entertainment at night time. Normally it is 2 people singing on a stage in the middle of the walk way in the lobby bar.

If you want to do a bit of souviner shopping you have the shops just down from the hotel. We used to get the free hotel bus into the main town in Hurghada. If you choose to do this, make sure that you reserve your seat(s) on the bus in plent time (days).

A taxi ride is only 50egp which is roughly £5 in our money. Most of the taxi drivers will ask if you want them to come back for you, which we took advantage of as you know the fare there and back.

• Liked — Beach was only meters away
  • Disliked — Noisy Germans and sun bed snatchers at 3am and the 2 entertainment singers.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank crazylilo
darlington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

Where do we start we are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids aged 10, 9 and 8 and stayed at the titanic resort and aquapark from the 1st-15th july. booked through sunmaster and medhotels.

We had booked a family room and was advised on arrival that there wasnt one available for 2 days and we were given a double room. nice and spacious rooms and well equipt bathroom. safe in rooms included and used with your own persoanl number . fridge re stocked daily with bottled water which we used for cleaning our teeth. After 2 days got a family room on the ground floor leading out to the pool area which was lovely. hotel is spacious and they are always cleaning.
Pools are massive and the aquapark good but you had to get up early to get a sunbed (which we did of course) pools are cold at first but a welcome cool down from the intensive heat. weather hot ranging from 38-42 degrees so take plenty of high factor sun cream.
food not up to much some days was ok but others was horendous and very rarely hot, everyone experienced stomach upsets except 1 of us. ice cream is only avaiable at dinner time and was in my opinion tasteless but the kids seemed to like it.

We had bought some pool inflatables and snorkling eqiptment for kids in england but forgot to take them with us so visited the hotel shop to buy some more however after telling them we were english the price of everthing seemed to go up a lilo cost 150 egypttian pounds which is £15 english and the same for a set of goggles and snorkel. i couldnt believe how badly we were being ripped off! but we bought them anyway and having 3 kids became very expensive.

didnt attend rep meeting coz couldnt be bothered with him trying to force over proced trips, but he was then very unhelpfull and wouldnt reconfirm our trasnfer back to airport. booked trips through guys in lobby did 4 in total.

Aqua-submarime - cost £70 for all 5 of us which wasnt to bad. picked up from hotel and taken to a boat then out to sea for about 1 hr before arriving at the submarine. saw loads of colourful fish and some dolphins then was able to snorkel for an hour but had to pay for the use of the equiptment and life jackets for kids which i thought was cheeky considering we'd already paid and was advised they would be included.

Jeep Safari - cost £123 (2 adults and 3 kids). picked up from hotel at 1pm and taken about 10 mins into desert. had jeep ride into desert to bedouin camp where you are offered over priced herbs, ointments and jewellery then back to camp (our jeep got a flat tyre on the way back and our driver didnt seem to know what to do another 2 jeeps had to stop to give him a hand ha ha). then had quad bike ride into desert. Kids had own course at camp where they could have a go to. lunch included then camel ride, buggy driving and horse ride before night show with belly dancing and cobra show. was ok but the english were again ripped off.. water was available but was warm and soft drinks were £1 but for the other nationality guests 50p didnt realise this till was leaving or would have kicked up a fuss. arrived back at hotel around 10pm. all in all a long day boring at times waiting around but well worth it. would definatley recommed

Giftun Island - £87.50 all day from 9-4. collected from hotel taken to marina about 5 mins away where we were given snorkel, fins and goggles. then a slow boat trip out to sea where stopped for snorkeling for around an hour (life jackets were free on this one) then lunch on board ship which was lovely. then on to paradise island for around an hour which was just like paradise and the water was the best. then slow ride back to marina stopping for another snorkel on way back. water was provided on board and juice provoded with lunch. by far the best value for money trip so far.

Cairo - Booked through Viator.com from home prior to holiday cost £270 for the 5 of us which was much cheaper than was being offered in the hotel would definately recommend booking with them. we got a private minibus for us only collected from hotel at 1.40am and taken to meeting point for convoy had a great day seen the pyramids and had tour round museum with lunch included. included in price was an english speaking tour guide in cairo and another who stayed with us throughout the whole trip until being dropped back at hotel around 11pm the following evening. all in all a long day and we had some bored kids throughout the day but i would definately recommend it.
we were advised by another english couple in the hotel that the germans etc get all these trips for a fraction of what we english pay but this didnt surprise me as we felt we were overpriced on everything and i for one did get really annoyed towards the end of the holiday.

the hotel was nice enough except for the food and the foreign guests, but hurghada itself is still in progess with half built buildings and nothing much else. there is nothing else in the immediate area and except for a few shops just up from the hotelwhich have just recently opened but got sick of the hassle so didnt venture out much

overall we had a lovely holiday but will not return to hurghada and are considering trying Sharm el Sheik next year as have been told the standard is much better.

• Liked — pools and aqua park
  • Disliked — food and being ripped off constantly
4 Thank happyfamily98