“It's what you make it!!”

Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park
Ranked #130 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
london
“It's what you make it!!”
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We have just arrived back from Titanic Beach after spending a week there. I have never been all inclusive package holiday before. Myself and my partner have travelled the world and have been to many countries-rich and poor. Now, i read the reviews before leaving and was a little apprehensive. I warned my partner that it may not be the greatest and we braced ourselves.
We were pleasantly suprised. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was nothing special, although the opportunity is there to have a poolside room and we did spy some pimp suites. The room was clean,comfortable and the cleaners came in every day and even asked me if I was happy with their cleaning.
The food is not 5 star but it's Egypt!! If you are sensible and steer clear of salad and fruit you cant peel there is no reason anyone should get an upset stomach. The food may not be hot but use the microwave! I ate alot and so did my partner, and we ate everything apart from the mentioned above. We were fine all week ( and still am!!) We used anti bac hand sanitiser after washing hands in the tap water to minimise risk. It is not the UK and their water systems are not like ours...but neither is alot of asia and some of europe!
There are alot of nationalities at the hotel namely german, russian and eastern european. It was nice not to be surrounded by english people, if I wanted that I would stay at home. People are different and cultures differ, bear this in mind. Mealtimes the russians like to eat alot, the germans like to put their towels on the sun loungers, we just laughed it off and started not queuing and putting our towels down...when in Rome!!! But everybody was pretty friendly and we did not experience any rudeness.
The water park was great fun and we enjoyed the pools and the beach.
Outside the resort it look like what I can only describe as a War zone. Many buildings have not been completed and it is extremely barren. We went snorkelling ( highly recommend...AMAZING!!) and could not believe the sights outside the resort. We did not go out after out snorkelling trip. This resort is best if you just want to chill in the sun, it is not for exploring the area..as its bleak!!
So basically as my title suggests it is what you make it. If you want to have a chilled holiday in an all inclusive resort with maybe a trip out to the red sea this place is not that bad! Its not for people seeking a crash pad to explore Hurghada and its not for party people. It is great for couples wanting a chilled time and for young famalies!!

2 Thank StinaBeans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 25 November 2009

We were impressed with the decor of this hotel but felt it was mainly geared towards families and Russians. Food was mediochre and never very hot. There was a choice of meals but you still had to be careful what you ate to avoid stomach upsets. Best to avoid the salad buffet altogether and check the meat dishes are hot, especially the chicken dishes. Avoid eating in Rose & Jack's buffet restaurants if you want to avoid rude Russians pushing in front of you at the buffet counters. The adult only restaurant called 'Cals' is where most British people congregate to eat as it only seems that it is the Brits that observe the dress ettiquette and dress appropriately for dinner. Entertainment was ok but mainly presented in Russian, Polish and occasionally in English. Nothing much to do outside of the hotel in the evenings and you have to pass numerous building sites and rubbish tips to get to the downtown area of Hurghada. We tried to change room on arrival and asked for a double room on a top floor. The reception staff kept fobbing us off that the hotel was full and to come back the following day at 12.00. We went back on the second day and they still told us the hotel was full and to come back at 12.00 the following day. We stood our ground and said we wouldn't unpack our bags until we got moved, especially at reception was full of cases belonging to departing guests. Finally they succumbed and gave us a double room on the second floor but it seemed to be a real effort for the staff to agree to the move. Be aware that all the alcoholic drinks including the beer are watered down and the wine is one step up from wine vinegar. The glasses given with your alcoholic drink are as small as possible so that you get the smallest measures possible. We wouln't go back to this hotel or Hurghada and are happy to leave the resort to the Russians and holidaymakers from the Baltic States! Maybe give the resort twenty years before visiting and the buidling works everywhere may be finished by then and the rubbish heaps cleared away and the rubbish disposed of effectively and in an environmentally suitable manner, rather than it being strewn all over the desert and on waste ground between hotel complexes.

1 Thank seasonedtraveller047
Aberdeenshire UK
Reviewed 20 November 2009

We stayed at (and positively recommended) this hotel in Jan 09 and made a return holiday thinking we had found an all round good value geat sunshine family holiday spot to return to. This hotel has great facilities and is simply a great value holiday but so so many people in the hotel were very ill with severe stomach upsets and vomiting. Mine was a piece of fish which wasn;t cooked properly but in general I think since the German Management team have left the standards have dropped. I have to add that this kids club now run by Russian girls were not very welcoming & my daughter did not want to do day time activities this trip but enjoyed the mini discos. The wine is not drinkable in my opinion this time & obviously has been changed since last trip...I ended up buying a nice bottle in the wine shop just outside the hotel (run by the hotel owners nephew). I avoided the spa this time as i did not feel relaxed or pampered last trip. I did go scuba diving on the house reef ...a great 70min dive & saw such a great variety of life :-)
We left a £2 tip in the room the first day & got good service.
PLEASE NOTE EGYPT DOES NOT ACCEPT SCOTTISH NOTES!!!
Because of wide spread illness I can't recommend again

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Dillyd0lly

Travellers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

portsmouth
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I read the reviews before i went and was a bit nervous, but in all honesty it's not that bad.
Not sure what some people expect but surely it's obvious that a 5* in Egypt is not going to be the same as a 5* in New York.

The reception area is beautiful, the pools are amazing they were lovely and clean. The hotel wasn't busy but never had a problem finding a bed there were plently to pick from.
The beach is nice, ok you can't swim in it due to it being shallow but you can cool yourself off and the snorkling off the pier is amazing.

Ok the hotel is a little rough around the edges and some of the cleanliness in the rooms could have been better, but it was far from shocking or alarming.

The food, ok it was a bit repetitive but there's always something you could find to eat so never found it a real problem.
I had the dickie tummy for 3 days and my partner had it when we got home but i really don't think you can blame it on any one thing and i really don't think it was the food. I think it's just one of those things you have to expect when you go to a place such as Egypt. A word of advice there are 3 main restaurants Jack, Rose and Cal. Cal is adult only and is much nicer........sorry kids!!

My only complaint was the place is a little bit quite and could do with livening up.
The beach bar didn't play any music which is a shame as it just felt it was lacking atmosphere. The pool bar was great but closed just after dusk which was about 5.30 which was a real shame as this was the a great place to sit around i felt as if should have gone on till about 10.00 that would have been a good cut off point.
They had an outdoor auditorium which had a disco and entertainment in but it was pretty poor.

All in all I thought it was a nice hotel that had a few things it needed to address but didn't ruin my holiday at all.

If you are expecting the Ritz stay away (and pay for it), if you are a fussy eater it's probably not for you but if you want a break away in a nice hotel then it's fine.

One more tip.........remember your mozi spray as i was eaten alive

3 Thank vodkancoke
north wales
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Me and my family have just returned from the titanic beach... and can not beleive half off the reviews written, i travelled with my mum and dad, and 5 other family members, one of which is 5mths pregnant....when we arrived at the hotel, we were quickly booked in and given 3 rooms all close together, i had a very large bunch of flowers in my room, for my anniversary!!!! the rooms were excellent, very large and very clean.... with great views over the pools. the shower was big enough to fit 3 people in, and didnt even bother there wasnt a bath, this hotel is rated a 5 star but that is the same as our 3 star, its rated different in egypt and other forign countries. there was plenty of places to eat, and we all found the food very good with plenty of choice,we drank most of the wines and spirits, beers and cocktails and can not fault any of it.... i am quite a fussy person and did not complain once about anything... the staff were excellent and very friendly, yes some of us did get alittle dickie tummy, but this is not caused by the food its from bactiria bugs spreading, this can be caughted from money, door handles, bannisters, their water etc etc so just take plenty of hand gel,there is a small chemist outside the hotel were we brought some tablets, and they worked straight away.... we have travelled to loads of different places and been to egypt 4 times, and overall this was the best place we have stayed at and will defo be booking again for next year!!!!! there are plenty to do outside the hotel, travel into hugarda or 2 the marine, and there are some great trips to go on..... the beach and water slides were brilliant... and enjoyed by everyone!!! so dont worry if you have booked to stay there, you will have a fab time, as a holiday is what you make it!!!! please feel free to ask me any questions....

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank sharonb36
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 14 November 2009

I booked this holiday on the spur of the moment as a diving destination without first checking on Tripadvisor - BIG MISTAKE.
After we booked we read loads of dubious reports about this hotel, most of which are true.
I can only assume that the people who rate this hotel are limited in their experience of a decent 5 star.
We have travelled the world and a good definition of a 5 star hotel can be found on Superpages.Com, and is as follows,

5-Star Rating: A luxurious hotel, offering the highest degree of personal service. Elegance and style abound, and rooms are equipped with quality linens, VCR, CD stereo, jacuzzi tub and in-room video. There are multiple restaurants on site with extensive, gourmet menus, and room-service is also available 24-7. A fitness center, valet parking and concierge service round out the experience.

I would suggest that this hotel provides only one of these i.e. multiple the restaurants, all of which are health hazard with dirty untrained waiters (take a look at their trousers and shoes) . Their idea of cleaning is a swift wipe with their hands over the table or with a dirty cloth.
The restaurants are plagued by flies, with unprotected food a plenty. The choice and quality of food is exceptionally poor, with service to match, a point we made to the manager.
On first appearience I can see why some people are impressed, but look beneath the facade and you will find a poorly constructed hotel with cheap fittings throughout. Our room didn't even have a bath, a first in our experience of 4 and 5 star hotels, although we did find two cockroaches in the shower.
The free form pool area and aqua park again look impressive, but there are no toiletes in the immediate vicinity, which means a treck to the elevator area between Rose and Jacks restaurants or to the beach bar or to your own room. I will leave it to your imagination where others must use.
Yes we both had sickness and diarrhoea twice and we are still suffering .
The hotel is situated on a limb with nothing worth visiting in the area.
Except for the new marina, which is nothing really special, Hurghada is a dirty third world resort. We had two of the most horrendous taxi journeys we have ever experienced, and even after agreeing the price, we were continually harrassed for more money. As a consequence we did not venture out of the hotel again.
The only thing that we did not encounter were any rude Russians, all who acted in a polite and orderley manner.
Due to my sickness whilst there, I was only able to dive the house reef on two occasions, but found this enjoyable, but nothing challenging.
If Hurghada really is the place for you, I would strongly suggest that you choose another hotel to this one.

2 Thank G04it
London
Reviewed 11 November 2009

After reading many reviews of this wonderful hotel, to say i was dissappointed is an understatement. I can only guess that the comments are monitered like the old communist regime that was the USSR!! If your palate goes only as far as Macdonalds, then the bland re-cycled food, could at a strech be for you. However if you have 0.001% more culture and just enjoy your food along with a tipple then i highly recommend stay away!!! If you are unfortunately going here i'll give you the highlights of this hotel. Weather is great, rooms are clean and you can get some good excursions to break up the stay, but add this too your budget. On the down side the many Eygptian waiters,chefs, cleaners and receptionists (all male), as Islamic culture has the women indoors doing there cooking and cleaning, earning a living from this. All i can say is the tables get wiped clean approxiametely once every two hours, this is a guess as i never witnessed it as all the tables had debri of salt and food when i came to sit down to eat. The drink is just as poor. The wine is like it has been fermented outside in the desert, imagine that ,and it will come close to how it tastes, the beer is just gas. Now i know i'm in an islamic country and they don't drink, but after been told you have a free mini bar in this inclusive you can imagine my dissappointment that the bar is just Coke, water and Sprite. My niavete, as i should of brought a bottle from the duty free. There is one Duty Free shop in the whole of Hurgahada, however that will need a Taxi drive around 15 minutes away, which brings me nicely to my next point. (As the food was so cold on service, as they assume that luke warm food is nice served up from a spoon that has just been siting in a plate of leftover sauces for the past hour led me to start eating and drinking outside the complex). The lovely Taxi drivers will offer you great pices at 30 (3 English pounds approx)Eygptian pounds to town centre, on arrival they will ask if you want a return. Great i thought? On the way back they do a lovely magical trick that will show them give you 60 pounds for one of your crisp 100 pound notes or even 160 for your 200. Problem is as soon as you give your money they return it as quick as a cat saying you only gave 10 pounds for a hunded or 20 for 200 and you cant prove nothing, Sorry to all you lying, theiving Eygptian taxi drivers if i've just blown your great magical trick (in a circus they could make more money on performing that trick), but you really should look after your tourism and stop taking the ''you know what!'' I appreciate it's a 3rd world country but you would be better served for being trust worthy and getting a handsome tip in return for your dangerous (my laundry can only tell the story) driving. The hotel will offer you a Taxi, but that takes half an hour to arrive and its at 100 Eygytian pounds and that is half an hour more in that Hotel (Titanic) that could be better served elsewhere. Maybe that half hour could be spent teaching all the chefs on how to serve food at a proper temperature? Or on ettiquette, that if i leave a tip for the cleaner on every day of the stay except one, that does not warrent you knocking on my door for the one day i missed out!! Just a thought?? I've travelled from America to as far as Thailand so i am not naive on travelling. This will be worse money you have ever spent.

2 Thank Gooner011