I have stayed in SB 2 times: In Oct -08 with my husband, and March -09 on my own, at a combined business and leisure trip.
I am astonished to read the "warnings" for this "terrible" place, as my experience of SB is totally different.
- Clean and nice rooms and bathroom (however, it might depend on which room you get: those located in the newer annex(s) where we stayed are probably better than those in the main building).
- Breakfast: nothing to complain about. Other meals I did not have (only once I had dinner, and it was "avarage")
- Very kind and helpful staff: They would go out of their way to make sure that I was content and had what I needed.
- Small but beautiful garden with flowers and palmtrees.
I will definitely try to stay at SB again. Of course it depends what you are after. Myself, I don't like extremely large hotels but prefer the more personal athmosphere at a small or medium size hotel. As I partly work during my visits in Hurghada, SB is a perfect place to relax on the beach or by the pool in between.
It might also make a difference that I speak Egyptian Arabic, which the locals seem to appreciate.
HOWEVER: What I miss is an English news channel like BBC World or CNN. Now there are only German, Russian and Arabic news to watch.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sand Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Beach Hurghada