“Another great holiday”

Ranked #67 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Kent
“Another great holiday”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we had stayed at the Coral Beach and we LOVED IT. This is the only hotel in Hurghada that we have stayed at more than once and we have been about 12 times to Hurghada. The beach is perfect. The snorkelling off the beach is undeniably the best in Hurghada. The rooms were always clean. The staff always polite and friendly. The food is not fantastic but then it is not an expensive hotel compared to many others. There were not that many English there this time. Mostly Russians but they were fine. We have already booked again to go back in September and looking forward to it. If there were any minor issues then these were resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. I am a very fussy traveller and been to Egypt thirty times so to revisit this hotel more than twice I think shows its worth considering. The hotel staff love the English and the hotel manager Mr Adel could not have been more friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel without reservation for families, couples and special occasions. If you like snorkelling and diving this is the best hotel in Hurghada.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank caligula3576
CBRRH, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear our valued guest,

We truly thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with TripAdvisor readers, and for giving Hurghada Coral Beach Resort such a glowing and recommending review.

Your nice review and positive emotions is our best reward, which give for all of our entire team more energy and enthusiasm to hard work.

We are so glad that you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us and that you are satisfied with most of the services provided to your good self throughout your stay.

It is our pleasure that you mentioned your vacation by "Another Great Vacation"and we are delighted to read that you found our hotel great with a fantastic sandy beach ,beautiful lagoon,panoramic landscape,verdant gardens,cozy and clean bungalow,and I am happy as well to read that you admired the marine life and wonderful Coral Reef .

Glad to read that you are satisfied with friendliness and helpfulness of our team , that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and that we have met your expectations.

My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues ,they will appreciate your lovely warm comments and feedback.

Once again, many thanks for your decent compliments, which will motivate us to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest at Hurghada Coral beach Resort , and we wish you all the best.

Best Regards,

Hurghada Coral Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed on Rotana Coral beach HRG for 5 days and I have the following observations:
1. It a very nice place, rooms are clean, wide and look great.
2. Lobby bar is open 24 hrs / day and a friendly stuff is there.
3. The most amazing beach you would ever see. Swimming pool is very nice and enjoyable, there is 2 pools there.
4. Food was not good actually, no enough variety and some times it is served as if it is a cold food.
5. Sank meal is not good at all, i didn't get it at all.
6. Al-fallaha restaurant served a very delicious meal.
7. They made a lovely night full of dancing and singing everyday, it was cool.
8. Room service comes too late.
9. Towel center on the beach is not near to all areas, i had to travel a distance daily to get and return towels.
Overall; I had a nice vacation and may try to get there again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KiRoLLoS N
Dear our valued guest,

We truly thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with TripAdvisor readers, and for giving Hurghada Coral Beach Resort such a recommending and nice review.

Your nice review and positive emotions is our best reward, which give for all our entire team more energy and enthusiasm to hard work.

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed our hotel location, fantastic sandy beach with crystal warm water, clean bungalow, I am happy as well to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and that we have met your expectations.

I have also noted your comments regarding the food & beverage experience on board, and our Food & Beverage teams are continuously taking the necessary actions to ensure standards are met.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any annoyance caused and wish you would give us another chance to serve you better. In such a case, please contact me directly once you have booked your next trip so I can personally arrange the necessary up to your satisfaction.

We would love to have the pleasure of welcoming you as a regular guest at Hurghada Coral beach Resort, and we wish you all the best.

Sincerely Yours,

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our party of six made a reservation through Travel Republic about five months before our holiday in April 2014 for this our specially chosen hotel. We received an email from Travel Republic a week before we flew out which said all was in order. We all flew to Hurghada and arrived by taxi at the hotel. We reported to the reception with our booking confirmation in hand only to be told that our reservation had been cancelled!! They would not say when or by who or why. You can only imagine our bewilderment and frustration. We were eventually transferred to the Sonesta hotel which was not of our choosing which was very poor quality and we finished up having a miserable holiday in Hurghada thanks to Travel Republic, Jumbo Tours, The Sonesta hotel and the Coral Beach Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank RaymondH462014
ExecutiveHCBH, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 September 2016
Dear RaymondH462014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Coral Beach Resort Hurghada and for taking the time to post your feedback on our TripAdvisor website.
We went thoroughly through your comments and we are very sorry to learn you had some negative experience.
Please note we shall take corrective measures in all areas you have mentioned and work hard on improving and avoiding similar reoccurrences.
Meanwhile we would like to take the opportunity and invite you for a repeated visit where you will notice your comments were not passed unnoticed.
Please email us details on your next vacation at: reservation.hurghada@coralbeacheg.com

Kind regards,
Coral Beach Hurghada Resort
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, only because it was a family visit, otherwise I would have left the resort after the first night. On my check in the prices were 25% higher above agreed in advance. I was given a double room instead of a suite. The room is not even close to sophistication, the door lock is opened with a key not a card, the wood used in the furniture is from the cheapest types, the Alaska branded fridge is the cheapest in Egypt, the soap dispenser and the hand cleaner itself are low-quality and very cheap, and so is the safe box, the floor tiles, the air conditioner controller, and the TV is not even an LCD! It's a Goldi CRT TV from the 90s which is also the cheapest brand in Egypt. Although the hotel is so expensive there's cheapness anywhere I look. The food at the main restaurant is not good, there's about 8 trays from which 1 only is serving chicken or meat, and the chicken isn't well cooked, there's no fruit varieties and the food is the same everyday. Bars are serving drinks in small plastic cups without ice that the drinks are unsupported, I threw away my first vodka after I waited 10 minutes at the bar in the sun for a couple of ice cubes and then the bar man told me that the ice machine isn't working. And the coke, fanta, sprite aren't actually from Coca-Cola, they are from a brand named Cina-Cola which is cheap and tastes very sugary. There's only 2 small swimming pools in the whole resort, the water isn't clean that I can't even see the floor. The animation team is about 5 persons that are doing all the shows every night and dancing in the morning, the same about the employees at the bars, they are the same shifting between bars and that is negatively affecting the service in the resort because the resort is clearly missing employees. Maybe the resort didn't get a terrible rating from me because I had some good time on the beach. I wouldn't repeat the visit to this resort and I strongly recommend to avoid it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CBRRH, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hurghada Coral Beach Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on our TripAdvisor website.

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

On a positive note, I am very pleased that you are satisfied with some of the services provided to your good self throughout your stay.

However, based on your relatively low rating and problems reported throughout your stay, I am concerned to notice your dissatisfaction. Accordingly please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and for failing to meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been communicated to concerned departments heads for necessary action, where applicable.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Hurghada Coral Beach Resort and regret the dissatisfaction of a valued guest like your good self.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at Hurghada Coral Beach Resort , should you decide to give the Resort another chance in the near future.

Best regards,

Hurghada.resort@gmail.com
Yorkshire
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went to this resort in August 2007 after a couple of family tragedies (my sister was recently widowed and my Mother had been diagnosed with late stage dementia). My husband, son & I opted for one of the beachfront suites. We arrived fairly late and our rooms weren't quite ready so we were invited to take some drinks at the bar - in reality, they were just adding some decoration and a welcome pack of food in the room for us. The rooms were very spacious (my sister and her granddaughter stayed in the main hotel block - which was pleasant enough but not my cup of tea as I don't like to be in a large block of accommodation) and well maintained, the hotel was quite young at the time.

Poolside, there were plenty of areas to take in the sun and given that we stayed in August there were also some very nice shaded areas. We gave the pool attendants a tip when we arrived and they would save a very nice block of sunbeds for us.

The food was simple, but nice enough and we didn't suffer from any upset tummies during our stay.

There is plenty to do around resort and lots of trips to take advantage of - be warned though that if you're going to visit the pyramids or Luxor, you're in for a very long journey - the Valley of the Kings is worth a visit however,the pyramids are somewhat disappointing and you're likely to have corrupt policemen allow you to take photographs in front of the pyramids and then ask for money (they also watch who has the money and where you store it)....

My sister loved the resort so much that she still lives there some 7 years later.

Getting back to the hotel, the staff were very friendly and the rooms were kept to a very high standard during our stay

Room Tip: choose one of the suites - you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Val A
ExecutiveHCBH, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear our valued guest,

We truly thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with TripAdvisor readers, and for giving Hurghada Coral Beach Hotel such a recommending and glowing review.

We are so delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us and that you are satisfied with most of the services provided to your good self throughout your stay.

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed our hotel location, clean bungalow and I am happy as well to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and that we have met your expectations.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest at Hurghada Coral beach Hotel, and we wish you all the best.

Hurghada Coral Beach Hotel
Hurghada.resort@gmail.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at thie hotel with my husband in May.We went to celebrate my birthday!On arrival to the hotel Ahmed from reception showed us to our room.I use an electric wheelchair so therefore we needed a room that could accomodating this.We stayed in room 4101 which was at the end of the block facing the beach!It had amazing views of the sea!We found the room comfortable& clean with a large wetroom,bedroom,sitting room&front&back terraces.The back terrace overlooked a grass area with trees& the sea!Our stay was for a fortnight,during this time the staff were helpful as they could be&so kind with special mentions to Anna(guest Relations)Ahmed,who gave me lovely chocolate,Nadi,(receptionists)Ahmed waiter&Chef Mohammed&the training manager also Mazen the singer/artist.We enjoyed our stay a lot,we loved the animation shows& beach party.The gardens&tropical gardens are amazing &I managed to get around fairly easily but there are a few steep ramps to be avoided but there's always someone around to help you from the gardeners ,cleaners,receptionists,waiters right up to the managers! There is the option of being driven to the place that you would like to get to on the golf buggy(just ring reception!We tried all 3pools&the beach was wonderful!We met some good friends! You do get hassled on the beach by people selling there wares but only at certain times& should they become a nuisance just ask them not to do it & report them to the hotel!My husband suffers with a gluten allergy& we asked reception about it&awe were introduced to the head chef who cooked our main meals to order every day of our stay!It was tasty!We sat in the a la carte restaurant for lunch& dinner but had breakfast in the main restaurant.Its very busy& the Russians always take too much food& then don't eat it all!I found some of them to be very rude!On the whole we found the staff to be lovely&helpful too&we had a good time!
We also had to arrange for private transfers to&from the airport because of my wheelchair!Also we did not get told about the visa costs on the plane& we got overcharged so I advise you to ask before you leave the plane that way you won't have the same happen to you!
Evening times sat outside on the terrace listening to the singer are great but the seating areas get packed out&they run out of chairs to seat everyone so I advise that if you'd like to sit there all night get there before it starts& don't leave to watch the animation show in the amphitheatre as you won't get a seat on the terrace afterwards!The waiters do collect the glasses& sometimes take drinks orders but it's much quicker to go into the lobby bar& queue up& get your own drinks although at peak times this can take upto half an hour!If you enjoy a drink after the entertainment finishes it's free in the lobby bar but the Rotana Cafe charges for drinks&shisha pipes!We really enjoyed visiting Hussan&Oscar the horse& donkey everyday in the animal section of the gardens.The gardens are beautifully maintained with lovely bright floral displays&sculptures from the hotel to the beach it is kept clean& tidy by an army of really hardworking cleaners& gardeners!There are plenty of seating areas& sunbathing loungers beside the pools& beach,we had no trouble at all getting a parasol&sunlounger exactly where we wanted every day!We had a great time with plenty of things to do& see.My husband even took a ride on Maxis taxi,Max the camel,along the beach!The beach was fairly sandy& the sea was warm!Theres also a shaded beach bar area&at least two toilets along the seafront area,with a jetty onto a coral reef for diving&snorkeling..There is a dive centre with its own boats on site although we didn't use this facility.I would definitely recommend this hotel as we enjoyed our stay here but do be careful to keep an eye on your belongings as there are thieves staying there as I had my handbag taken from my wheelchair!

Room Tip: Our room was 4101 & it is quiet with space for an electric wheelchair& a massive wetroom &am...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helena D
Dear Helena D

We are pleased to know that you liked our resort and had enjoyable vacation with us.
Needless to mention it was true pleasure to host you at our resort and we hope you will return soon.

Kind and sunny regards,
Coral Beach Resort Hurghada Management
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We arrived at the resort and were had booked 3 deluxe seaview rooms, we were given one deluxe seaview and one sharing deluxe seaview room. This was not what we had booked and therefore we did not take the sharing room and one couple had to move back to a non seaview room.

We had a late dinner as we arrived at 9.00pm the choice was not good and thought it maybe because we were late. At breakfast the next day we truly realised that the food was not going to get much better. The choice was very continental, and also fried eggs. We found it difficult to get a seat as the tables had not been cleared following the greedy Russia's. The cleanliness of the dining hall has really bad and therefore at the welcome meeting we decided to change hotels. Rooms were lovely but the rest of the hotel needs renovating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

1 Thank Susan W
Dear Susan W
We would like to assure you, here at Coral Beach we strive to maintain the highest possible standards in compliance with the international HACCP standard. External hygiene & safety experts conduct regular tests on all food items and general hygiene in the resort in addition to the daily checks we run ourselves.
Nevertheless seems something went wrong during your stay and we are fully determined to figure it out and correct it.
Therefore we shall take immediate corrective measures, run internal investigation and make sure similar cases do not reoccur.
Please email us details on your next vacation at reservation.hurghada@coralbeacheg.com

Kind regards,