“A hidden gem in Hurghada”
Review of Sea Garden Hotel

Sea Garden Hotel
Ranked #173 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

If your looking for a smaller hotel in the center of Hurghada.which provides an excellent personnel service

With charming staff who show you totally respect,this is the hotel for you

The hotel also has an excellent kitchen,with an outside pool in a very pretty garden with a small food service, again with the same friendly service,if you would prefer the beach this is just a few minutes walk from the hotel,which is also part of the local Marina which feathers small very good local restaurants

This my first visit to this hotel as I have enjoyed my stay so very much I am planning to revisit again later in the year.

Room Tip: all rooms have a balcony and are very good
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ASHRAF5020

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I came only to dive and wanted somewhere inexpensive to stay, and found this to be a good choice. The photos are a good impression of the rooms; it's not top drawer and could do with a coat of paint but everything worked, hot water in the quite large bathroom; fridge, TV not a snowstorm (BBC World and a movie channel in English, other languages as well).

Only visited the pool once while waiting for the bus on last day, and it was very pleasant. There is a beach about 30m up the road if you want it. Get a day pass from hotel reception.

Just down the road is the tourist street with Macdonalds, souvenirs etc. Not interesting for me, don't go away to have what can be had at home. But behind that is a network of more genuinely Eqyptian streets where I went for my (very reasonably priced and tasty) evening meals.

The hotel was quiet when I was there and other guests mostly Russian, typical for Hurghada it seems.

Some things that I read in other reports:

-Room noisy with honking taxis
I was on the street side and was not disturbed by hooting. There was noise from nearly building work during the day but I was out then except the last day so did not care.

-Hard mattress
Firm I would say, certainly, but far from uncomfortable.

-No hot food at breakfast until diver collection time
Not true, there was hot food from breakfast start at 7am. Not a big choice (hard boiled eggs, scrambled with tomatoes, Egyptian bean stew). But there is also many pastries, two sorts of cereal and a salad/cold meat/cheese selection. In fact for a budget hotel I have done far, far worse for breakfast elsewhere than I did here.

-Unhelpful staff
Not true. I found the people perfectly fine. Smily receptionists are not a big issue for me however in hotels: as long as the room is OK I don't mind whether they smile or not. I had not problems to be dealt with so really can say no more than that everyone seemed fine.

-Inconvenient security boxes
Well, they are behind reception and need your key and the receptionists. This is perfectly correct, it is how it is done in many places, and probably more secure than the ones in the room that need a code.

-Poor WiFi
Well I thought it was too expensive at £3 an hour, so did not try it. (Instead I walked down to a Vodaphone shop and got a local Sim card that gave me 1.4Gb for £6 and that was more than enough for a week and useful everywhere, including on the boats. To get to Vodaphone exit hotel turning left; left again on the main street, walk a couple of hundred yards and it is roughly opposite KFC. Get a queue ticket as you enter then go upstairs. A helpful young person will tell you the choice of plan).

So in summary I though this hotel was exactly what I wanted, excellent value, exceeding expectations even. If you want Resort hotel however, the centre of your holiday, you might have different expectation. But I am selecting stars based on a decent value bed for the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Dandt431
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stopped in this hotel when I booked a late holiday. The Sea Garden is very central in Hurgharda and in the older district of Sekalla which is ideal if you like the original arabic culture.
I found the hotel very freindly and the food and staff were excellent nothing was any trouble.
I stayed on a half board basis, and you had two bars which one is situated next to the swimming pool.
The private beach is only a few minutes walk away but don't forget to collect your pass from the reception at the hotel.
I have stopped in Hurgharda before but found this hotel right for myself as the hotel is not too big, and also has easy accsess to bars, restaurants, cllubs etc but a very quit hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one over looking pool, and some do have a side seaview.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rob R
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Sea Garden Hotel 3 * Hotel is located in the center of Hurghada close to the Marina, and about 10km from the airport. The beach is about 150m from the hotel. Hotel has a swimming pool, a restaurant, several bars ... Standard rooms have double or twin with extra bed, air-conditioning, TV, shower, telephone. Services: Half board - (breakfast and dinner) buffet-self or me (in some periodioma when staying at the hotel insufficient number of guests). www.seagarden.com.eg

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lazar V
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This hotel is located in the lively center of Hurghada, but it is not a beach resort (although they provide access to a small bach 100 m awa). Well, for some people that is an advantage. Staff is good: friendly and helpful. Meals are mediocre though: little choice at breakfast, no dressing for the salad. Hotel makes a luxurious impression at first sight, but some thngs are outdated, especially the fact that there is no free WiFi. If you buy access to Wifi (about € 17 a week) you have a cumersome sign-in procedure that must be repeated again and again, and does not allow WhatsApp at all.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter and have a nicer view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RBB2007
Reviewed 12 November 2013

It was one nice experience for our Serbian group.
We are very satisfied with this hotel and its kind staff.
Of course, everybody can find something what is not so good, but the man is not perfect being, and one hotel can also not be perfect...
People are often strong and criticize rather, but we are not too required.

The Hotel "Sae Garden" has super location. The main Sheraton Street, Marina and the El Sakia and Papas beach are near the hotel, which is very important. This is Hotel with 3***, and I would never look for better hotel, because all this is enough and fine for normal people. Ok, I understand, who wants luxus, he/she can find one another hotel. But, Sea Garden is in my opinion very very good hotel and cover all what you need.

The Reception staff is very kind: two Mohameds (Adel Elsherif and Sabry) and Ashraf are so kind, polite, professional and ready in every time to help you and contact you like a good host. The sweet dick man who carries bags in the hall is very kind and good soul.

The Restaurant "Camus" has excellent and tastefull food and pleasant ambient. The meals are very delicious and tastefull. At first time I was angry because the waiters are standind the whole time while we were eating and take our plates fast, but later I noticed it is custom here. They are kind and professional, too.

Our rooms were clean and good arranged. Every morning our rooms were like new.
Once we had a little problem with siphon in the bath, but the staff solved it during the same day.

The Swimming pool is sweet and fine for enjoing. The man who maintains the pool, Saber, can everything (!) and helps you in every time. He can play football and volleyball well. The bar on the pool is fantastic in the evening!!! With incredible colours and music (sax-instrumentals) it could be more and better used for enjoing. I would organize using of bar and the pool in the evening. It would be perfect, really... wonderful ambient! You must experience it...

I could write more, but I think this is enough.
We were very satisfied and we recommend to all tourists.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AleksandarSerb
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hall experience is good..
About the food it is not perfect,their is no variety in the breakfast it is always the same and the dinner is not always good..
About cleanliness and service.. i can say it will be perfect if you fight with the servers and deal firmly with them once! The receptionists are friendly but the waiters and room servers are not! i don't recommend you to dine in you have a lot of choices of good restaurants nearby (marina and sheraton road and evrn el mamsha and the old sheraton road).
The location is perfect you will be in the heart of hurghada,the marina is just 2mins walking and also the sheraton road, el mamsha el seyahi is 10 mins by car and the taxi is relatively inexpensive(10LE).
The pool is good but no diving (160cm).you will have 2 private free beach for the hotel i dont recommend the sakiya beach it is so low standard but papas beach club is really good the beach is good you will need to buy a water shoes from the market in sheraton road(5$ to 15$) because of the rocks in the sea, the pool is good and the beach is in the heart of the marina.

• Stayed: August 2013