“wonderful”

MinaMark Beach Resort
Ranked #73 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 26 October 2013

we had a wonderful ten days ,celebrateing our 40 wedding anaversery.staff were very helpful,hotel very ,very clean..food passable,alcohol drink just tasteable. beach very nice will be back.the weather was fab. we went on boat trip done some snorklin. we also went to the marina it is lovely to stroll around or just sit and people watch.

Room Tip: rooms on second floor or above get a better vue.plus at 5oclock[thay spray mozz rep]
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ManchesterGerry

Reviewed 19 October 2013

It was a great vacation in Hurghada at the MinaMark Resort & Spa... The staff were very helpful, cheerful, & respectable. They made us feel sooooo happy starting from the GM of the hotel who was a great leader for all the staff... The house keeping & room services staff was very helpful whenever needed. The Food was great, I want to thank all the F&B staff for being cheerful & hard workers especially their Manager who was working so hard instead of celebrating the Adha Feast with his family in Cairo just to make the guests feel comfort & happiness.. As for the spa, it was great & lovely moments especially massaging course. Also the front office people & receptionists are very cheerful, helpful, & so cute when treating guests. And the most amazing was that I found this vacation that they were trying to make new agricultural view different than last year, every year there is a new view there. Also both the beach & pool were very clean & I was happy when I found that there is a guard at beach & swimming pool. I really would like to thank everyone there in his/her name, You made my vacation :) :) :)

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach outside the reception building are sunny, quieter, & larger
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Christeen G
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hallo tourist this is the hotel where you can really get fun,change yours mode,enjoj and take relax.Hotel is fantastic,but to see all this you must be here,wonderful beach,sport activities,aqua center,diving center,tattoo,spa and creazy animation team,you will never get bored .Food very good,so good staff,you can speak with them about every think,i am really satisfied .

Room Tip: Of course the best rooms at the beach
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank marcin t
Reviewed 8 October 2013

staff are friendly, and nothing is too much trouble,
food is varied and great value for money,
rooms are clean, comfortable, well appointed, with tv and a mini bar that is not over priced,
pool is excellent and clean and well maintained,
beach is not over crowded, with plenty of sunbeds so no need to fight for one,
all inclusive is excellent value, with soft and alcoholic drinks available all day either at the pool or beach bars,
make sure you visit the spa.
this hotel is located in the centre of town close to many shops, coffee shops and resturants.
i have stayed here before and will do so again,
can not recommend the minamark highly enough,
roll on my next visit here

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely, but splash out the little bit extra for the suite, the view is worth it on its...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank colin w
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had the misfortune of staying at this hotel late August 2013. Going from the tripadvisor comments it didnt seem that bad but having learnt more since how wrong I was. Before travelling I enquired with Purple Travel and the Hotel direct if the Hotel was suitable for a wheelchair guest. I had a reply email and was told that with a ramp to the road to the beach, I was assured it was suitable,so I booked. On arrival at the Hotel the first thing I came across were 12 steps to get into the Hotel. The lobby area was flat but the route to the pool and pool bar had two steps down and 20 metre flat and two steps up again so totally unsuitable. The route to the beach was accessible by a ramp that reminded me of the ski jump at the last winter olympics, accessible but with a severe deal of effort. The second day at the Hotel I was told that the lifts were out of order and that the only way to the 3rd floor was by being carried upstairs. I waited for four hours before the lift came back on and it was the same everyday I was there.
The staff were generally good but the management team were totally useless. Rabbits and headlights springs to mind. I had a major complaint regarding an assault in the Hotel Beach Bar and the Tourist Police were involved. When it came to making statements the Hotel Management totally lied and did not want to get involved as I threatened to let the local licensing authorities know that there is no control of how much alcohol someone is served.
On the Wednesday evening of my stay I was invited to the management meeting which I didnt attend. I found out that they have this meeting with anyone who has a complaint to try and placate them by means of free Wi Fi, Massage or a Free Boat Trip to go diving. At this meeting guests are also asked to put positive comments on Tripadvisor in return for these free gifts, hence the recent number of good comments.
The owners of The Minamark dont even have a duty of care for guests as there isnt even a Life Guard at the pool and during my stay a 10 year old boy drowned because there was no Lifeguard by the pool when there were at least 20 children in it.
Needless to say I checked out of this hotel and moved to a much more acceptable Hotel just next door.
Read and inwardly digest Tripadvisor comments but I can assure you this 2 star property is bottom of the budget range as is the food and the quality of management.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jack F
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have recently come back from a two week all inclusive holiday staying at the Minamark Hotel, however after 1 week we were transferred to another hotel due to the following issues:
The hotel was full of local people who were rude, unmannered and continued to point, stare and snigger at us all day. Which after a few days was very draining. My partner was even spat at on one occasion.
The food was repetitive, dry where is had been under hot plates for periods of time and when things run out they didn't replace it, even if there was hours left of eating time remaining. Staff in the restaurant were reluctant to allow us to have seconds and often made comments when asking even though the portions were extremely small in the first instance.
The locals in the restaurant was greedy, allowing their children to climb on food counters and were running wild. The locals had no respect for others as they just pushed and shoved you out the way whilst queuing for food.
We had to change rooms twice and had we not been transferred we would have had to change rooms for the 3rd time.
The hotel was dated with a constant beeping from a smoke alarm box in our hallway which they did nothing about even after reporting several times, causing it to bleep through the night.
We were unable to use the pool because of the way the local people made us feel and therefore having to use the beach, which was the best part of the hotel, however watching the staff clean the pool would have put anyone off. They were using pool water to clean the tiles and area around the pool and then pushing it back into the pool causing the water to be slightly murky.
Many of the facilities advertised wasn't available such as cocktails, pool bar and having to pay extra for the spa facilities.
The hotel was situated on the main road whee there was a lot of passing traffic which was noisy with a constant beeping from their horns all day/night. If you dared leave the hotel to wonder around the shops the locals were continuously trying to get you to buy their items and sometimes very forceful and rude and we were often swore at when refused.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Beckyjo13
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This holiday it's my best holiday what i ever had,i was already in many hotels but Mina Mark it's the better one,why,because here is my home,many people what i know they still work in hotel,nice and kind staff,friendly and helpfull .Food in restaurant delicious and also Italian and fish with nice tasty,good spa center,clean rooms,nice beach,friendly animation team.For sure this our place.

Room Tip: The best room to the way to beach
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends