“Sure enough.....”

MinaMark Beach Resort
Ranked #84 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
“Sure enough.....”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here as a single female traveller, having been to Egypt before I knew roughly what to expect....and yes it's all pretty much the same. RUSSIANS!!!!
As a Brit we do have a certain standards, we greet smile and say good morning. As one of only five Brits in this hotel during my stay I can honestly say; never go to Egypt if you intend to meet friendly Russians.

In my opinion of traveling this is a good 2-3 star hotel

Hotel location is great if you want hustle bustle of the main strip, it's right in the thick of it but you can totally forget you are central if you stay in the hotel which is great. My room was in the main building I was luckily upgraded and was granted a suite. The room itself is nice clean standard dresser, wardrobe , table tv bed sides etc....
The bathroom was very dated cracks on tiles and sink, worn from use and a simple shower curtain but I was able to keep my skin clean and fresh.

The food, I would honestly say I felt was for rooooskeys but the general manager assured me it was for everyone.
Breakfast standard for me, eggs bread yoghurt and supplements, if you prefer meat etc then don't forget you won't get pork and the like. I did try a frank type sausage.... Try as I did I would never eat again.
Most meals were the same, salads rice potato of some persuasion and luckily for me fish which to be fair was always the same and the only time they didn't have any I HAD to eat meat!!!
I was surprised that coffee was instant Nescafé which for me in Egypt was a huge let down.

This is an all inclusive hotel and to be honest it did not meet my expectations of all inc. drinks were only served at the designated bars, from a dispense machine self serve (non alcholic) Water is only supplied via this mechanism and not by the bottle as I have been previously used to (always handy when going on the road) I was disappointed with the lack of water bottle issue. If on the beach you would need to load up a few plastic cups at a time, forget topping up your bottle it is not allowed.

I managed to use the gym three times when not being hogged by......yes you guessed it!
Spa looks amazing very clean and to be honest this looks like a 5 star spa.

Beach is nice, again as its a small private beach far too many rude roooooskeys..... One day a boat had discharged its waste and it washed up on the hotel shore line. If not for the tenacity of a fellow Brit -Paul who was great, the hotel would not have cleaned the beach or water. To be honest this was quite disgusting and only the Russians would swim that day. Again Brits have standards and the good thing about this hotel, if you had a gripe they would listen and do their best to sort what they could, this for me is worth a mention as it demonstrates their willingness to please us Brits as they recognise we have manners and are pleasant to all staff.

Towel service is as expected, I don't use pools but from what I saw it was a simple offering and many local visitors would use the pool area.

To be honest the good points were the staff, Adel the bar man, Mina and Bahaa were such lovely people and a credit to this hotel. Polina guest liaison is perhaps the most friendly Russian I have ever met and she is also a credit.
The animation team were lovely people and to be honest on the whole my stay was pleasant enough. Most evenings entertainment were for rooooooskeys but I guess this is to be expected as they pretty much dominate Egyptian tourism......such a shame!

Would I go again? I would if a cheaper package came up, it's a 'it is what it is' room with food and beach, nothing great but nothing horrific or terrible.

If more Brits went I know they would need to step up the whole hotel experience....it's worth a try and being central you can go out every night for drinks food coffee marina etc

Worth a shot if you are not expecting any form of luxury.
Just make sure you maintain a 'good morning' and 'please and thank you' that way they will know you're a Brit!!!

Room Tip: Main building rooms 101/2/3/4/5/6
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Yourstrulyb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 28 April 2014

i had stayed 4 days with my friends in Mina mark, really enjoyed it, clean rooms, friendly staff, Delicious and fresh food , mostly very good atmosphere
i had recommended it to many of my friends
thanks to all mina mark staff

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Kent
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just got back after 2 restful and relaxing weeks at Minamark Hotel. This was our second visit to Minamark and we felt like old friends returning. We were welcomed back by staff that remembered us from last year and treated like Royalty by them. The management were excellent. They were interested in our views and acted on our suggestions.
If you want a holiday with lots of other British people then this is not for you, but if you're happy to share the hotel with all nationalities then it's great!
We've had a lovely time and will hopefully return again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lizalan5
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 15 April 2014

it was an amazing trip every thing in the hotel is excellent and the stuff is very helpful and the peach and the swimming pool are very good and the animation team is very fantastic the restaurant is very good the food is good and its quality is very high

Room Tip: choose any room all rooms are very good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Excellent food, room is average Egypt 4 stars hotel, beach amazing and the hotel is really have on private beach, location: this is on the main road where you can shopping or just spend time any international restaurant(Mc Donald's, burger king or costa coffee).

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Gabor G
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My family and I enjoyed very much our holiday at Minamark Hurghada. Quality and quantity of food, high level of customer services, management, supportive and smily staff members and housekeeping hard workers these all contributed to the quality time we spent at the resort. I would like to take the opportunity and thank you all for your hard work and dedication and wish you all the very best. I am sure I will see you soon.
Essam Shehata Australia.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Essam S
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

the hotel is in the center - in walking distance to Marina and nice restaurants.
It has a small cute beach and an amazing sun deck - that provides more space for sun lovers.
the food was alright - lots of vegetalbles and fruit to all meal.
but the alcohol in All Inclusive option was undrinkable!!!
the rooms are just like all the other Hurghada older 4-star hotels - nothing really special, but clean and providing everything a person on short vacation would want.
I really recommend the SPA center - it was a super relaxing experience.

Room Tip: I recommend Standard rooms, closer to the beach - so the numbers of rooms around "900"
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends