“Анимация супер!”

Grand Seas Resort Hostmark
Ranked #111 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is normal,rooms are clean,territory is not so big,but beautiful,but the best of this hotel is animation team,Boody,Vika,Nasya,Sasha,Mody are very friendly and funny,they made great shows,I would like to return and have a nice time with this team!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Александра П

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We returned from a week stay at this hotel .... Never again this dirty hotel! Lack of hygiene at every step, neglected swimming pool, the food is not aesthetically served, the staff is not terribly pleasant !!! We are terribly disappointed !!!!

Egypt re-visit, but never more that terrible HOTEL !!!! UFFFFFFFFFFFFF

3  Thank Ela K
Reviewed 8 August 2014

J was stayed in this hotel in summer 2009 year. It is clean, pleasant hotel with beautiful beach and wonderful sea. Friendly, obliging staff, lots of delicious food. For every recommendation if you like nice, quietly, relaxation environment for vacation.

Daniella from Serbia, Belgrade

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I loved it much the last time i went there was 1 week ago i enjoyed my holiday with the best animation & entertainment team in egypt _ BOODY _ Vikaa _ Sacha _ MOODY _ it wasnt my first time and not my last :(

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a two week stay with my husband and two children (6&7) and I was not impressed. Although we paid for all inclusive we ate out for every meal as the food was inedible. Rice, zucchini and egg plant for breakfast was not our thing. Also the main restaurant marhaba was under construction (not that we were told by our agent before booking) therefore everyone had to eat from the cafe bar. The pool had a grime line all the way around it and was never cleaned. The drinks were served in little plastic cups and were not refrigerated and were red hot, the water was so hot you could have made coffee with it! Rooms were dated but adequate. Staff were lovely but had no authority to solve any issues. Entertainment was very poor and the crew would play obscene music full of foul language by the pool full blast every day, it was a relief when the hotel had power cuts just for some peace and for my kids to not have to listen to f##k words constantly. Definitely not for English guests as its dominated by Russians and they're so full of themselves even the staff said they don't like them. They would even push in front of the kids at the ice cream queue! Lovely resort but I would not rush back and I would definitely not return to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank leymine
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just got back from two weeks at this hotel and I am surprised at some of the reviews I've seen and think they must have been at a different hotel to me.

The staff were brilliant and could not do enough for you, friendly and chatty (and no I didn't tip them nor did I feel pressured to do so)

My room which was huge was cleaned immaculately every day and even had towels made into teddy bears and swans for my little girl. The shower wasn't brilliant but it had a bath as well but no bath plug, I asked the cleaner if he could get one and at first he said no but then managed to get one the next day which was great. Only draw back was the TV as there was no English speaking channels.

The beach bar staff were friendly and even brought drinks to my sun lounger and came round with fresh melon for everyone to eat.

The main restaurant is now open and is huge with plenty of tables. I do agree it was cramped when it was down stairs but that is now back to a nice drinks lounge. The waiters were always there to take away empty plates. The food had enough selection for everyone and did get a bit repetitive after the first week (but doesn't every all inclusive) Freshly cooked omelettes and eggs at breakfast and also pancakes and doughnuts as well. Loads of continental pastries and breads. Lunch and dinner always had something plenty of choice with plenty of fresh salads and a choice of hot meals. The make they had some of the best biscuits I ever had.

The best bit for my 8 year old was the kids club. She loved it and I can't thank Jasmin enough for being brilliant. She went every day twice a day and would have stayed all day if she could, and she is really missing Jasmin now shes home.

Thanks to everyone at the hotel for some lovely memories and I will come back one day.

5  Thank karenmcl2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Yes I agree with most of the bad reviews on the grand sea resort hotel, think lack of communication from our travel agent did not help, restaurant was not open due to contractors running late on the refurbishment, hence the small bistro bar/cafe had to cope with all guest taking main meals there so total chaos with people queuing up for drinks next to kitchen where staff trying to get by to replenish empty food servers, ( sorry food for me was really bad not fussy eater but hey people did not starve). Yes sorry to say drink were served in small plastic cups even for your main meal but hey gave couple £1 tips after second day and my goodness what a difference a pound makes, waiter service and real glasses this was also the same in pool bar where miserable arrogant staff immediately became our best friends ha ha oh well, cleaning / boys the same when giving them tips in english actually said sorry this money no good can you give me different money problem solved took money back and said with a smile no sorry.
Beautiful swimming pool but if like me you need to get steps in and out ( I'm no spring chicken sad to say) unless you get beds near to steps long long trek round the pool as only 2/3 steps all in the same area. But beach no problem as nice and flat walk into nice warm sea max 2 foot deep for at least 200 yards out so hard to have a swim and in the afternoon sun the sea water was hot hotter than my shower. No toilets on or near pool or the beach only toilets were in the eating area unless you trekked back to your room, also only 1 shower near entrance to beach so if you needed to wash off oil/ chlorine before going in out pool another trek lol really is a shame but with some more thought and few changes this could be a really nice hotel, Mohammed has assured me they were starting a staff training in public relations but looking at recent post nothing seems to have changed, if the general manager would like to identify me my name is at top in subject, happy hols

Room Tip: All rooms have nice pool/ sea view and only 2 story's high