“My First Holiday In Egypt. "Our Holiday Vacation" 28-02-2014”

Mirage New Hawaii Resort and Spa
Ranked #106 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

,The Resort Was Nice Three Swiming Pools,Two Warm Water Pools,Plus One With Cold Sea Water.Plenty Of Sunbeds To Sunbathe On,Hotel Quiet Nice, Bedrooms Clean And Tidy.Animation Team Really Friendly They Do Keep Fit Zumba In And Out Of The Pool.They Also Play Volleyball they are a Really Happy Team.The Spa Was Brilliant Had a Five Day Course So Relaxing, Staff Again Lovely.The Mirage New Hawaii Resort And Spar Have Catered More For Russians,Germans,And French There Was Only a Few British.But Egyptian People Are So Pleasant So Polite And All Though The Food Was alright at Mirage There Was Not So Much That British Would Like. Aladdin Is The Manager At This Resort Such a Nice Man He Had a Word With The Chef Who Sat With Us The Chef Started To Try To Put some kind of different Potatoes,a Little Beef And Also Gravy they Already Did Veg To Make Us Feel a Bit Better.Plus They Added Bread Plus Toasters To Go With Fried And Boiled Eggs For Breakfast.The Food Is The main Thing That Let This Holiday Down. There Is a Mac Donald Type Restaurant They Intend To Improve Plus there is a Place To Get Pizza These Are Quite Nice. Although There Was Not a Lot Of British People There They Were Trying Their Best To Improve On The Food.They Want More British People To Visit And Are Striving Hard To Improve And Add Some Of The Food That British People Like To Eat.I Am Certain They Will Because They Were Trying To Do What They Could In The Time We Were There.They Do Tours On a Glass Bottom Boat Excellent Trip To See Corals And Fish They Are a Sight Worth Seeing.There Are Other Tours Like Tours To Luxor To Visit Valley Of The Kings And Temple.I Had An Enjoyable Relaxing Holiday And Cannot Praise The Egyptian People Enough They Were All Really Lovely.Sarah Is a Happy Helpful Young Lady Who Was Also Trying Hard To Improve Food That Was Except -Table To British People. Both Sarah And Aladdin Are Working On Improving Things More, Wanting To Make a Holiday That British People Would love And Remember Wanting To Return Again And Again..With There Determination things will keep getting better and better..Thank You To Aladdin Sarah Also The Animation Team And Masseuse A Masseur In The Spa,Plus All the Egyptian Staff At The Mirage Hotel For Being So Lovely Making My Holiday a Really Nice Stay, Bless You All Keep Up The Good Work Sylvia. XX

Room Tip: We Were To The Left When You Go Through The Back Of the Hotel,On The Third Floor.This was Overlookin...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sylvia t

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The best Holiday ever!!! I came here with my familly and we had such a great time! The hotel is small but has great facilities, delicious food with so much choice and fun entertainment. There is also many things to do outside of the hotel as it is near the city center.. I wanna say thank you to all the animation team especialy to Bingo and Tiger.. THANKS GUYS!!!! they all work so hard and will do anything to make sure your having the best holiday! Would definitely recommend! Cant wait to return!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Denisa M
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Have to say the animations team made this holiday for us, Two of them was great Hassan and tiger very entertaining and made me laugh a lot
Hotel in general is good, and food was very well done
this hotel is mainly aimed at Russians, but there is still things for the Brits!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Clinton Q
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Hotel was ok but what made the holiday was the entertainment.
The guy i think his name was Hassan ( bingo) was top class. He was very friendly, efficient and worked extremely hard day and night. He was dedicated and hard working
He made our holiday complete

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Rugger2013
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Rooms are dirty and very old. Food is unappetizing and monotony. Too much flies everywhere. Animation is bad and stupid. Panel game in every moment. Alamid travel has very stupid guides. I will never come back in this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013
10  Thank Antiapple34
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a terrible holiday in that Mirage hotel in Hurghada (16-19 September 2013.

First, during the first day of stay , my daughter (4.5 years old) vomited after having dinner in the hotel and when one of the staff noticed, he indicated that it's not the first case that night and other guests had the same problem which made me doubt in the hotel food. Also there were ants in the room and no hot water, however, these two problems were sorted out after I referred to the reception.

Second, I noticed that a number of cats are existing in all the open spaces in the hotel and particularly restaurants, I was annoyed by them, specially when they ask for food and interrupt me having my meals, and therefore I complained to a member of staff who indicated that these cats are always exist and the staff have no control over them.

In the third day, one of the cats scratched my daughter's arms in the restaurant during having the dinner meal, my daughter was crying and therefore I went to the dr office to get some assistance, I found the office closed. I had to seek assistance from the reception staff who made a phone call in which he was informed by the dr that as long as blood has appeared from the scratch then my girl needs to go to a public hospital to get an injection.

During getting my personal staff from the room, I left my daughter at the reception for 5 minutes, when I came I found her sleeping at 6 pm which made me worry that the scratch affected her and caused that sleeping. A member of staff kindly accompanied me to the hospital where we got the worst treatment ever, and the staff there increased my worry and made me feel that i'm losing my daughter. They have injected her and gave me a timetable for 5 other injections over 28 days that my girl has to have for the cat scratch. After that the hotel reception booked another appointment with a private hospital which was a bit of a relief as the dr there decreased my worry.

My daughter have been unwell since she has been taking the injection course while she is too young for it. Every time she gets it, she get fever, vomiting and diarrhea. I have been very disappointed and angry with what happen and sorry for what have been happening to my child.

I booked the holiday to get some good time, not to have that terrible problem that affected me and my daughter. .

I've wrote all these details to customer service to ask what are the procedures of complains against the hotel? and how I should take the issue further but they just ignored my messages?

Still very disapponted.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Noor376
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel is primarily for families with small children. Service at the hotel is great. There are many variety of food for every taste in four different restaurants. There are Mediterranean, Oriental, Asian, Italian restaurant and a snack bar on the beach. The problem with this hotel is the beach is very small and horrible. There are currently no view because tucked away. Therefore, there are a lot of mosquitoes and bugs. Mosquito spraying in the evening after which the great dust. Horrors. Animation team is boring, mostly for children. All rooms are double and the same. In front of the hotel there are many shops where you can walk. Wi-Fi connection at the hotel free of charge. The hotel is full of Russian tourists and everything is subordinated to them. Rooms are cleaned every day. Within the hotel there is a spa and beauty center. I do not recommend young people to come to this hotel because it would be very boring. There are many better hotels than this in Hurghada.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family