Very, nice all inclusive resort; it's a five star resort and very upscale. This resort has everything: restaurants, pools, spa, beach, gym, water activities, nice walking/running path, free bike rental, etc. I only left the hotel twice in the three days I was there. Great, friendly staff too.
The hotel was le1000 and included a breakfast buffet (and I did not like the buffet; for me personally, it was below average). The hotel was worth it; but I still had to pay for dinner and other meals and some other incidentals. I ended up w/a le1100 bill when I checked out. That was okay for me since I took a trip out on a boat for snorkeling, had some spa services, meals, etc. Next time, I'll probably do the all 'all inclusive' so that it includes more meals or just go out on the main strip and eat at a restaurant there (they have a Hard Rock Cafe).
Two comments about the food - the breakfast is in a very spacious area and has both indoor and outdoor seating. There are many varieties of food, but still I found myself having just pastries, fruit and juice. I don't eat beef or pork and I was a bit annoyed that there was some mixing of meats at the egg station.
As for dinner, one night I made reservations and dined at Alexanders, one of the high end restaurants at the resort. I decided to go there because I noticed the set menu posted in the lobby of the restaurant. So I was, again, annoyed that they did not even offer me the set menu. It threw me for a loop and I thought that maybe it was just the menu for the previous day and that it was no longer offered. I ended up paying a lot of money for a meal that was just okay (actually the vegetables tasted like they been cooked in a pan that was recently cleaned, meaning I could taste the dish washing liquid). I would have gotten much more variety w/the set menu and for much less.
Incidentally, I went to the hotel on a holiday weekend and there were many families there.
My original room was on the first floor. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of first floor rooms and I immediately asked to be moved. They said no rooms were available and told me the same thing the next day. Finally, late in the afternoon on the day before I was to leave, they offered me a room on the second floor. It was a better view and so I took it even though it was just for a few hours.
Unfortunately, I had mosquitoes in my room. I thought I'd killed them, but they got me at night. You can ask and they will get something to plug into the wall to help w/that problem.
The spa was wonderful. There are many services that are available and packages too. I thought that the prices were reasonable. It's a clean spa w/a relaxing atmosphere. I did not like having to pay extra just to use the indoor whirlpool. The gym, however, is nice and it's free.
They offer a free shuttle to and from the hotel. Just call in advance and make the arrangements.
They have wifi, but you have to pay and I thought that the price was too high. They did not have any free wifi hotspots and I was disappointed in that.
I really enjoyed getting up early in the morning and taking a nice walk around the beach, the golf course and the hotel property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark straight into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Red Sea Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach