Steigenberger ALDAU Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hor Palace(Hurghada)
Samra Bay Hotel(Hurghada)
3,652 results
All reviewsal dautamarind restaurantalexander restaurantspecial thanksmain restaurantaqua magichuge poolpool barall inclusive packagekids clubhalf boardkids areaamazing hotelreception teamfront officeguest relationssea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I used to visit Stienberger Al Dau Beach every year in my summer vacation.
it was the best destination for me as i went for over 8 times in the past 3 years
but recently it seems they changed the reservation staff and replaced them with
a non professional one.
We called for over three days to get information about our corporate rate as we have a special agreement with them but they don't care or bother to answer our call though it's not a peak time
Ii am going there at the beginning of next month and i can not make my reservation till now !!
what a mess.

Room Tip: Any room at the far left cluster will be great you will enjoy a wide range view for the pool area, Golf , and the sea
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I loved everything in the hotel, but the staff in the front office, very slow, with no smile or energy!

The pools are really great, the food is more than good. the beach is calm and quite private.

Only no activites at the night for the kids.

Room Tip: I loved the pool rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hady N
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I know most of you will think, Egypt? Isn't that dangerous? Well no, at least not Hurghada and the African coast of the Red Sea. Staying in this hotel, you are as safe as you are in your own home. You don't even have to leave the compound for your entire stay if you don't want to, although that would be a shame. This hotel offers everything. Especially if you have varied interest within the family, you will be catered to totally. A world class spa and beauty center for the pampered. Golf, diving, snorkeling, wind-surfing for the sports fan. Kid's corner with baby sitter and swimming lessons arranged if you want.
The food is overwhelming in variety. You will never go hungry, even if the particular theme of the day might not suit. At breakfast you can have everything from continental to a full irish. In the evening three different restaurants cater to all tastes.
The rooms are spacious, well furbished and clean. The ones further away from the lobby and the restaurant will have less noise, but usually, all noise stops around 23:00 anyway. The pool and beach areas are huge, but you don't feel crowded. Wind screens on the beach give some privacy. There is a large staff looking out for all your needs. The are all very friendly and efficient. Not always a given in Egypt!
So if you are thinking you would like to spend time on the Red Sea coast, there is no better hotel to stay at!
The only negative aspect of the hotel, which they can't really be faulted for, is the area of Hurghada where the hotel is located. What has been built by Steigenberger is beautiful and high standard. But many buildings around it are in bad shape or empty. Many shops have gone bankrupt. Unfortunately the revolution has left it's mark on Hurghada, that is so dependent on tourism. So if you do go, you will also be helping the local economy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side of the lobby, facing the sea, will be quieter. The further from the lobby the quieter, but you will walk longer to meals. Almost all rooms have sea view, so that should not be a problem
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KatiIL
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Food - plentiful, a huge selection, something for all tastes - from home comforts to the exotic. The buffets (breakfast and evening) are eye-popping! The evening bufet theme changes daily; my wife's favourite was the sea-food theme (the shrimps were enormous - like they'd been on steroids); my daughter and I loved the Egyptian theme. I especially enjoyed for pudding "Om ali", a bit like "Pain perdu", which was a taste of my childhood :-) mmm, mmm, mmm!
The food is so fresh; the meat, fish, fruit, etc - top quality! They even serve 18, yes 18 different types of bread - all freshly baked! The breakfast patisserie is also as good as anywhere in France.
Staff - they were extremely pleasant and courteous, from the beach attendants to the waiters; there wasn't a weak link anywhere.
The beach - spotlessly clean, plenty of loungers to choose from. A restaurant withing yards, but who are also happy to bring it to your sun-lounger.
The water - Pools = vast, spotless, heated/normal, no shortage of loungers. "Lazy river" = great fun and for us it was a daily must. The sea = clean, clear and calm. I cannot find fault with any of it.
Room - very spacious, excellent room service and housekeeping, air-conditioning & fan.
Other - we dined one evening at the on-site French restaurant - Alexander's; first class dining and well worth a visit. My wife went to the Spa for a massage and loved it!
There were many different nationalities staying there, who helped make it a wonderful stay. The atmosphere is a very friendly one, without night-time noise (at least to my knowledge).
The clientele ranged from elderly couples to young couples, to young families; from what I saw, there's something for everyone.
We (my wife, daughter and I) agreed that we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We asked for a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank John D
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is the best hotel we have ever been to! This was our second stay here and we are already planning a longer stay for this summer. It's luxury and cozy. The rooms are very comfortable. Even though we had an extra bed brought it was still very spacious. We loved, that every room has a balcony facing the sea. The food is excelent, maybe a little salty for me, but still amazing. We tried every restaurant and each was perfect. They have a huge pool area surounded by amazing garden with tracks for morning running or just a lovely walk. The beach area, where we stayed most of our time, is just perfect. We did a lot of activities like aqua aerobics, latino dance lessons, step aerobics and even tried learning arabic and we loved everything, special thanks to animator Gino, who did all these activities with us. We loved that every evening there's a show going on in the dinner area. After dinner we loved to go sit in the lobby where every evening theres a pianoman playing wonderful melodies or go to Shangalulu- the night club in the hotel where the music is superb and the atmosphere is very nice, also the bartender (who's name i regretfully can't remember, but he seems to work there every night) is very nice and friendly. All the other staff is also excellent, everyone did everything to make our holiday remarkable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends