The hotel provided free transportation from the airport. There was a little confusion because my flight was domestic (I had gotten my visa on arrival in Cairo) but my checked bag was not at Hurghada domestic baggage claim with other passengers' ... I had to go to the International terminal, claim it there, pass through customs, then find my way back to domestic arrivals where the shuttle bus guide was waiting for me ... this took some extra time and made the other shuttle passengers a little unhappy for waiting in the heat.
The hotel was nice, really nice. I used the fee wifi in the lobby instead of paying for it in my room. Unlike some other hotels up and down the beach, this one is less than 2 blocks from a small shopping district where I bought some supplies at a convenience store at reasonable prices, stopped by the pharmacy, and had a pizza and beer outdoors, enjoying the camel parked nearby and parade of tourists. Buffet breakfast had wide variety and eggs cooked to order. Great!
Staff were very friendly, and with my price discount (from the hotel website) I enjoyed a real value. I recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark straight into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Red Sea Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach