“Good Hotel with a freezer-like swimming pools !”

Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Cairo, Egypt
“Good Hotel with a freezer-like swimming pools !”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

i spent my honeymoon last year on this hotel. the service was good , front office offered us a higher category room as a honeymoon compliment which had a view on the swimming pool and a very far view of the sea ( all rooms is directly on the sea but the beach is very far from the rooms !)
breakfast was excellent a lot of varieties but staff working at the main restaurant was not such helpful nor welcoming , they were sort of rude in sometimes
pools is very big and clean but it was freezing cold ! you can't jump in to the pool unless you hear a screaming that was very annoying to us
beach is very good with a lot of sea activities which was cheap compared to other hotels

very good hotel that i would like to go for it again if only they made their pools warmer !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moshira I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Excellence is the most appropriate word to describe this 5-star Luxury hotel. Perfection, excellence and luxury in every way. What you see in the pictures of the hotel does not even come close to reality, we were overwhelmed when we entered the hotel.

We stayed in junior suite 1456 on the 4th floor with an absolute magnificent view on the garden, pool, beach and sea. The suite was extremely spacious with a king size bed and superb mattress, beautiful bathroom with tub, separate shower with large shower head, closet space to stay at least a month, and contained everything you could wish for or need. The other Deluxe rooms occupied by members of my family were also spacious and great. Much bigger then expected.

We stayed at the hotel on an all inclusive base and the food and drinks were great and they offered a great variety on a daily basis. We had dinner at Restaurant Alexander which is a cosy restaurant on the premises along side the beach. Wow what a magnificent view and wonderful food.

The pool area with lazy river was beyond our imagination. Clean and beautifully landscaped. Comfortable beds beside the pool and the same goes for the beach. We were told that the hotel was fully booked, but we wondered where all these guests were. There is a lot of room for personal space and never have we laid back to back with strangers as you sometimes can.

I guess we can go on and praising this hotel, but the biggest compliment has to go out for the staff working for the hotel. Whether it's the excellent service of the reception, Ali who cleaned our room, the people from the restaurants at the pool, beach or at Alexanders, people working at the spa and gym, Soudi who took pictures and Mohamed from watersports. They were all friendly, smiling, kind, professional and made us feel very special!

My gratitude goes out to Ahmed from the reception, who was always there when we needed him, always friendly and very professional, never did I have the feeling that what we asked was too much. There is one more person whom I especially want to thank and that is Mohamed Sayed from the Bwala pool restaurant and bar. His professional approach, friendlyness, service mindedness and kindness stood out. Excellent service with a smile!

Thank you all for making our holiday so special, that we are certainly going to return to your excellent hotel.

PS: for returning guests, if you book your stay directly at their website you will receive a discount on your stay!

Teves family/The Netherlands
April/May 2014

5 Thank Dominique T
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I think i saw best hotel in Egypt! This holiday was so great. Biggest pool i ever saw. Jacuzzi island is best place for enjoy. I propose Bwala Pool restaurant for food. Best waiter is Ahmed Tamer. But only mistake i noticed is very low WI-FI! But all things are excellent in this hotel.
I propose this hotel to anyone!
Mateja Brajovic,Srbija Beograd Crvena Zvezda!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Матеја Б
Egypt
Reviewed 5 May 2014

1st of all , this is the 14th 5 star resort i stay in at hurghada, and this is more than the best all over hurghada and should be one of the best all over the planet.
Finally i found the resort where i can arraing all my coming holydays in, and no need to try another.
All what you need is been taken into account in this resort , all what you dream to find in your realxation holyday is more there than you expect, more proffissional staff , more warm and kind treating , more clean rooms , more facilities, more wow view, more food quality, more vareity but sweets need more efforts, wanderfull restorant in all meals, more intertainment all ver the resort but need more at night, more than magical beach, huge unique pool, more comfort bed with soooooft sheets.
Really i cant say all the truth about this wanderfull resort, all what you dream about for for luxury comfort relax unfogettable holyday will be exceeded there.
You missed alot of the meaning of resorts and holydays if you are not there yet.
Thank you for all the most proffissional staff all over the resort and specially ahmed farrag and Ramez from the reciption

2 Thank MustafaMuhsin
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was my 7th time visiting the Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel. As I was a repeat guest I received certain privileges such as 15% discount, free airport transfers, mini bar refills etc.
I used to be exceptionally happy with the service at the Steigenberger, however, on this occasion I felt that the customer service was very poor. I repeatedly asked for someone to fix the Internet in my room - this did not happen until my last night (!), also, getting service at the pool bar was like getting blood out of a stone. It took an average of 50 minutes for them to bring a chocolate milkshake. Although I complained nothing was sorted which made me very sad.
Apart from that the rooms, location, food and entertainment were up to their usual fantastic standard. The pools are incredibly clean and safe. Also the beach and watersports are fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main hotel overlooking the pool but away from the piano!!
2 Thank Melanie2901
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We just returned from couple of days in this resort. we were pleasantly surprised the facility is fantastic , pools & the beach are very nice. It is a family resort where adults & kids are both can find a suitable activities during the day . We particularly appreciate the staff service in check in and out . Mr. Mohamed Darwish the front office manager was very considerate of our need for late check out & we certainly appreciated his support .
On improvement suggestions , I would have liked longer daily shows and a Zumba activity would add to the animation program . The free WIFI in the lobby was very slow , I would have liked an availability from the room .
The management reception added a special touch for our final day

We will be back soon

Room Tip: Delux Sea View closer to an elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maha M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel provided free transportation from the airport. There was a little confusion because my flight was domestic (I had gotten my visa on arrival in Cairo) but my checked bag was not at Hurghada domestic baggage claim with other passengers' ... I had to go to the International terminal, claim it there, pass through customs, then find my way back to domestic arrivals where the shuttle bus guide was waiting for me ... this took some extra time and made the other shuttle passengers a little unhappy for waiting in the heat.

The hotel was nice, really nice. I used the fee wifi in the lobby instead of paying for it in my room. Unlike some other hotels up and down the beach, this one is less than 2 blocks from a small shopping district where I bought some supplies at a convenience store at reasonable prices, stopped by the pharmacy, and had a pizza and beer outdoors, enjoying the camel parked nearby and parade of tourists. Buffet breakfast had wide variety and eggs cooked to order. Great!

Staff were very friendly, and with my price discount (from the hotel website) I enjoyed a real value. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for ground level or first level room so that you can use the stairs and avoid the very slow elev...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo