Steigenberger ALDAU Beach Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$128
US$107
US$103
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Titanic Resort & Aqua Park(Hurghada)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$50
TripAdvisor
3,664 results
All reviewsal dautamarind restaurantalexander restaurantspecial thanksmain restaurantaqua magichuge poolpool barall inclusive packagekids clubhalf boardkids areaamazing hotelreception teamfront officeguest relationssea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My partner and I spent 4 delightful days here earlier this month and I would definitely recommend it. From the opulent reception to the spacious well appointed room, fantastically kept gardens and the wonderful lazy river, we had the most relaxing time. Check-in was quick and efficient and we were giving a drink whilst waiting. Our room was of a good size and clean, as was the bathroom (complete with bathrobes and slippers) and our balcony overlooked one of the pools. The place was quite quiet with not many guests which was great, giving us the time to unwind and enjoy the peace. During the day you could always find somewhere on your own if you wanted (we chose to sit away from the main pools, by the lazy river, just to enjoy the solitude) we had time to ourselves and could enjoy relaxing in a ring on the lazy river, de-stressing in the jacuzzi or lazing in a hammock. The grounds were beautiful to wander round (and there were bikes available if you fancied a cycle). There were other things available to do such as a giant chess set and darts etc. Everywhere was clean and well kept, including the beach. The food in the main restaurant was good, with a selection of dishes, but it seemed to be the same every night (even though there was supposed to be a theme), and although good was not the best food I have had. You can also have lunch at the beach bar, which has more limited choice and again is the same everyday. We did have our last meal at Alexanders, a romantic setting - right on the beach, with waiter service and the food here was good (plus we were the only ones in the restaurant!) - you have to book in advance so worth booking early in your stay to guarantee a slot (although, as I say, when we ate there we were the only ones there, so not sure why they found it so hard to find a slot for us). On one of the days we went on a trip we'd organised ourselves so the hotel provided us with breakfast boxes (which had plenty to eat and drink in them). There is a managers cocktail evening on the Saturday with canapes and a pianist, sax player and violin player. We also paid to go on the glass bottom boat one afternoon (it was very choppy, with water coming in over the sides but everyone was cheery and laughing and you get the chance to snorkel once the boat has reached its destination). All staff were friendly and happy to help and although they do offer trips and spa treatments etc you do not feel at all hassled. This is the first all inclusive where we have not had to wear wrist bands, but this does mean you have to sign every time you order a drink or food or ice cream etc.There is evening entertainment (although we did not really participate) and a kids club and spa. As I say no problem finding a sun lounger either round the pools, lazy river or on the beach (and, if anyone reserves a lounger with a towel before 8am they remove it! so, even when it is busy I should think finding somewhere would not be a problem). There is a shop in reception and also a few shops and a shisha bar outside. Plus sides to this hotel are it's a great place to relax with great staff and very clean - and my favourite thing was the lazy river; the minus is the food could be better and more varied and also the wi-fi is not very good. Also I would recommend you take mosquito repellent if you are prone to be bitten (as I am). All in all though a good holiday at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sellest
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Sometimes the second visit doesn't quite live up to the first, but here I have to say we had the most amazing, relaxing holiday !!
From the moment we checked in ,to opening the door to our lovely room overlooking the amazing views of the pool and gardens and beyond the beach, all of which we're immaculate.
The staff here are very friendly and always on hand to help and serve your every minute of each day, just perfect.
The food in the main Resturant is very nice and is mainly buffet style, with a different theme each day, there is a speciality Resturant down by the beach, very romantic indeed here the food steps up again, and the service is second to none, it's just beautiful to relax with lovely views of the floodlit beach at night and the one you love, fantastic.
The spa is a must , our aroma therapy massage was so relaxing I almost nodded off .
Boat trips including snorkelling and diving are the best trips you could wish for, the guides and instructors are very helpful giving you an amazing lasting memory of the Red Sea fish and corals
My wife is very scared of the water and has never snorkelled in her life, the guide spent all of his time to help her overcome her fears and she had the most amazing experience ,which she will never forget, a special thank you to all concerned with that tour. Myself I went diving, and I have to say I was blown away and can't wait to do it all over again, it's a fabulous experience.
The pool is massive boasting 5000m the biggest in hurghada . It has a lazy river running around it.
I could go on and on , all in all a very relaxing holiday, I will go back again we loved it and didn't want it to end thanks to all the amazing staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe sea veiw room you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Travelerman1111
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was my second stay in Steignberger Al Dau..actually this place is the best hotel by far in Hurghada, rooms are really spacious and comforting, friendly and professional staff, the best all inclusive deal the one can get, very nice beach, great facilities specially the swimming pools and Simba children club.
Actually, some places may disapoint you , specially when the hotel is nearly full..for sure there were some tiny comments..but overall..the service level is great.

The only weak point is the night entertainment..the animation team most of the night is boring..specially the lady who performed kariokee and live singing.

Definitely , in my next vacation to Hurghada I won't bother myself searching another places..it is Steignberger

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank smadel
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit in the Steigenberger al dau. Hotel, grounds and location are still the best in Hurghada. Large private beach and close to shops and cafés. Rooms are excellent size and kept very clean, good job by Ali the housekeeper.
Restaurants: buffet restaurant tamarind great choice of food but can be little bit hectic and noisy. Beach restaurant Tanga which also serves as Lebanese restaurant in evening; great service and fresh food. Also had dinner in Alexander restaurant, really nice atmosphere with great view, fantastic food quality, beef was tender and very well prepared. Service by mr. Hossam and Ahmed Fathy was of a very high standard. They also provided great service at the beach restaurant, thanks very much for taking such good card of us.
We hope to return soon to our 'home' in the sun.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank DutchStyle
Reviewed 15 May 2014

One of the most beatifull hotel complex i have ever seen and i do travell a lot. Rooms are spacious and nice.
Service, OMG who emploies people like these in this industry. Honestly in Europe all of them would be fired immediately due to lack of knowledge, interess above all rudenes. Try to give them like three wishes or more at same time, not even 10% of first one would be made out.
Epic battless for the space on the beach, yeah going on holidays so i can get up 6 am to go and reserve a place for me, just my kind of vacation. Is this a joke!!!
Ordering drinks in a restaurant: maybe i'll get them next dinner or i won't see them till the end of my vacation.
Egypt wins again, tourism is a global thing and above don't make it into an Egptian festival of pure caos.
If i pay this sort of money for my vacation, be sure to give me the service i expect.
Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
13  Thank James D
ECMsteigen, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger ALDAU Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear James D.

Thank you for your feedback and that you has taken the time to describe your impressions. We apologize for not having met your expectations. We constantly work to the highest quality of service and we will discuss your feedback with our team.
Regarding the reservations at the beach, please take note that our beach rules says clearly “no sun bed reservations before 8:00 AM” and we would like to point out that we are doing our best to satisfy our guests as much as we can.]

With best regards