“My second stay”

Ranked #5 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Alexandria, Egypt
“My second stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Its my second visit to steigenberger and its by far my favorite hotel in hurghada and whole red sea. They offered us free minibar and free spa entry,the staff are friendly and always smiling and willing to help you in anything you want. The restaurant has many varieties and very good quality of food,and for a 3-day stay you cant get bored of it,maybe if you are gonna stay longer u will need to try set menu restaurants. The pool is huge where u can swim freely and not bump to other residents but since its very big the water is always cold even in the very hot days. The only downside to my stay was i got a very bad room at start in the first floor "basement" which was outdated with a tree blocking balcony view.I asked to change my room but receptionist claimed there was no available rooms and i could tell he was lying,Later on our first night we saw his manager and we complained he was very polite and helpful,and changed our room to 5th floor one with a very good view.other than that our stay was perfect.

Room Tip: Don't take a room in first floor,go for higher floors
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank metchy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Best hotel in Hurghada, by far ! Awesome landmarks, the hotel has an enormous pool area with trees and alley all around, very romantic after the sunset ! Services and accommodations are very classy !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Alexandru-Talpeanu
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed 9 July 2014

At the beginning :
I am celebrating my 50 review and my Top Contributor badge from Tripadvisor
I can't find the words to express my gratitude for Tripadvisor with your help i managed my holidays and we had great time because of you so, Thank you :)

RESERVATION :
The easiest way to reserve I have ever experienced Special thanks to Mr KEROLOS POLES who made our reservation so smooth and easy

CHECK IN :
we arrived at 11 p.m and we were welcomed with a refreshing juice not like any other juice you may have in other hotels
we had one room until the next one to be ready for us
special thanks to Mr. AHMED FARAG at the front desk he was very helpful and supportive

ROOMS :
The room was very big and spacious with big king sized bed and large bathroom there is LCD TV in all rooms with many sports channels so we managed to follow the world cup from there
all rooms can see the sea but i recommend higher floors for better view

POOL and SEA :
there is nothing can describe the water facilities in this hotel we can begin from the indoor pool then to the salty water pool and the jacuzzi island the lazy river and the largest 5000 cubic meters of water in the swimming pool the largest in Hurghada
'
FOOD and RESTAURANTS :
The main TAMARAND restaurant was big and fancy every night has its own theme we had the sea food night which was very nice,food is tasty and have a wide variety
we also had dinner in ALEXANDER restaurant over the sea with really romantic atmosphere it served french cuisine
also the TANGA restaurant serve Lebanese food and i like it very much special thanks to Mr ARMIA

SATURDAY night :
The hotel organize a cocktail management meeting they served free champagne
during our stay we enjoyed the music in the lobby with a piano ,saxophone and violin

NEGATIVES :
Not too much but the animation team wasn't there i don't know why but at night there isn't many activities you may enjoy

CONCLUSION :
I heavily recommend this hotel for those who seeks the relaxation and the elite holidays

ACKNOWLEDGMENT :
To all the nice,caring,loveable and supportive staff you all made my holiday :)

Room Tip: all rooms can see the sea but i recommend higher floors for better view we stayed at 1328 and 1329
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Kero A
nuneaton
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We got back last week from a fantastic stay at this lovely hotel . I've stayed at many all inclusive hotels but this tops them all the room s are large with a mix of European & Egyptian style with lovely flat screen TVs that pick some English channels . The hotel is spotless & clean , plenty of sun beds even when full occupancy . Food great hot and fresh . Staff fantastic . The only downside is if you want WiFi you have to pay €. 35 or sit in the lobby . We cannot wait to go back !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank royalruby
Ireland
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The included breakfast was very good. Lots of areas to sit outside. Strange to have a fur and leather shop in the hotel. Not something I wanted to see or be asked to go to. We had a few problems in our room and staff were slow to come to check on it. Hotel is within walking distance of the main strip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank louse09
Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We visited in April, family of 4 our daughters are aged 6 and 5. Here's the thing, I don't like staying in hotels when I go on holiday as I stay away a bit for work. I much prefer hiring a villa or apartment for hols. Also I've been a bit cynical re all inclusive after a bad experience in Cuba in the 90's.
So Fair to say I was reluctant to stay here, but got out-voted by wife & girls. Just as well as it was, surprisingly, really really good. We stayed all inclusive, and the food was very good. Brekkie, lunch and themed dinners were excellent. It's a huge place with several restaurants around, buffets and a la carte. We had the option of 2 or 3 evening meals at the a la cartes, but we just went to the main buffet place each night.
The all inclusive beers were good, local brands and Heineken. Only area to improve upon was the local wine which was a bit rough.
The staff are extremely good and friendly without being 'too much'. The pool is enormous and we stayed round it almost every day despite usually being beach people. The private beach is really nice too.
The snorkelling & diving looked good, though couldn't do myself due to sports injury. No problem, as will do next time.
Only area to improve upon was we were all in the same room, big double plus 2 'camp beds' for the kids. Beds were comfortable and room was big enough, but guess they could look to do adjoining rooms. But I'm nitpicking...
Overall, I'm very surprised to be converted to all inclusive hotel holidays, at least to here. It was that good.

Room Tip: Be aware that Family Deluxe still means you're all in the same room. The deluxe bit means slight...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Rob C
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our experience at the Steigneberger was ok, but not exceptional. It's probably as good as it gets in Hurghada. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the pool is amazing, and the views are breathtaking, but there are just too many people there. The place is packed with guests. The pool, dining area, beach club, and bar all have what seems like hundreds of guests. We arrived at noon, and had hoped to get a quick bite to eat before an excursion we had booked at 1pm. The front desk told us the restaurant was not open until 1pm, but we could eat at the pool. We went to the pool, and they told us the pool didn't serve food until 1pm, but we could go to the beach bar for food. The beach bar told us we could not order from the menu until 1pm, but we could have the buffet. The buffet was quite expensive, and not that good, but we had no choice. I may be spoiled, but I like to eat when I'm hungry, not on the hotel's schedule, and certainly before 1pm. The rooms are quite nice, but what made the experience for us was our waiter at the bar that evening. Gabriel is both very friendly and engaging. He made our experience one to remember and is the primary reason my rating on this hotel is very good instead of average.. Thanks Gabriel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends