“Excellent vacation”

Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh
Ranked #4 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
“Excellent vacation”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed very much our relaxing vacation at Baron hotel , I admired the idea or having dedicated building for adults & another one for families with different facilities for kids , the swim up suite is brilliant idea where you have the swming pool going along the whole U
shape building with direct access from your room which put you in fun mood all the times .
Staff are very helpful , pleasent & friendly.
Food is great with lots of high quality & variety.
We enjoyed our special dinner at the Italian returant , also the beach restaurant enjoying the life romantic music. We recommend to stay your vacation at the unique baron hotel sahal hashish.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eman N
Baronmanager, Area General manager at Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, 27 August 2014

Greetings from the sunny Baron Palace – Sahl Hasheesh!

We would like to send you our cordially thanks for publishing such a lovely and great review concerning your recent vacation at our hotel.

Our pleasure, that you had an amazing holiday from all aspects with us here and we hope to see you soon back again at our resort for another memorable stay.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Baron Hotels & Resorts – Red Sea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 August 2014

A good holiday but not a five star premium all inclusive experience
1. On arrival took 20mins to check in and then our bag left outside hotel for 3 hours, had to collect ourselves in the end at gone 1am
2. Hotel very impressive, room was great and the pools are amazing, beach really good too (when we first got too our room the TV, Fridge, Safe and Shower all did not work but these where all resolved very quickly). There were several black outs which got worse towards the end our trip (over 10 in one day)
3. Service not 5 star, 3 at best.
a. Long queues in main restaurant even though hotel at one third capacity
b. Food quality good not great, in the main restaurant although the choice is wide it is the virtually the same every day and the quality resembles an average all you can eat style chain. Also a bit dirty, particularly the floors with spilt food not being cleared up. The extractor fans in the grill area did not function properly which made the restaurant smell too
c. In the other restaurants (Italian, Egyptian, BBQ & Seafood) the service is good but clear that everybody is still learning the job. Food quality in these though is generally poor, particularly in the seafood /BBQ.
d. The Italian is the best of them and we ate there on 3 evenings. Consistency here was the main problem. We had one great meal, one good and one where I sent my steak back 4 times then left (a rare steak cooked very well done each time). Staff where very charming, friendly and very apologetic when things did not go well. One bizarre incident was when my asked what a particular item on her plate was, the waiter grabbed a fork from an empty table, popped it in his mouth and declared it delicious, hilarious!
e. When giving feedback if it was negative then generally the waiters etc did not understand you, if positive they were very grateful
4. Atmosphere. Very quiet, by 10:30pm the place was empty
5. We had e some spar and beauty treatment
a. Spar, we each had a 2 hour hammam and massage lasting 2hrs (120 euro each), a bit pricey but very good. If you wanted more treatments in the spar you were offered a 25% discount
b. Beauty treatment (separate company to the spar). We got ripped off here what promised to be over 2 hrs of pampering turned ended up being an hour and a half of pain. My wife had some sun burn and was nervous about having a wax. The ensured here it would be fine but in certainly was not. We also had some face treatment that involved various face packs and massages, this was very disappointing (the manicure, pedicure, shave and haircut where all good). We spent over £400 on this bundle!
6. Overall we enjoyed the break very relaxing and when up to speed there is a lot of potential (the hotel itself looks amazing). The staff are very friendly but the quality of the service ad food has too improve dramatically if the Baron Palace wants to be 5 star

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank hidman
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guests,

Greetings from the sunny Baron Palace – Sahl Hasheesh!

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you indeed for taking the time to issue your review regarding your recent short break at our new resort.

Your nice comments about our relaxing place and the staff service making us very happy and the constructive comments reflecting and increasing our efforts to reach the highest guest satisfaction

Looking forward and hoping for your return visit in the near future to experience this time our caring and customer oriented service.

Balsthal, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I was with a friend for two weeks in this hotel and it was just amazing! the big pool was inimitable. the staff was always friendly. Sarah, Ahmir and Ahmed has done their job at the infinity bar very well! :-)
But also the guys from the animationteam was always friendly. they were committted all the time to do something with the guests. every saturdaynight they had their own show at the theater with dancing. so for us it never was boring. at this point i want to say thank you to Roman, Serj, Connor, Carolina and Yana!!

an other advantage of this hotel the food. i have never seen such a big a flavorful buffet. every night you had other food and it always was excellent!! however the met was a little bit dry:( we also tried the italian restaurant......i had just two word for this restaurant: amazing & inimitable!! unfortunately we was just one time in this restaurant. so if you spend your holiday in this hotel you have to have diner in this restaurant! we didn't try the egyptian restaurant but we have heard from other guests that it be also very good.

our beach part was wonderfull. the water was clear and warm. we also had our own coral reef with a lot of fishes.

our room was a standard room with sea sight. it was all the time well-tended and cleanly. the bathroom was a bit narrow but for us it was enough.

mr. ahmed khaled, the area general manager said hello every guests during the day and the diner. and this for all day! so he was really friendly and communicative:-) so if you had one problem he was there and found some solutions for the problems of the guests.

all in all we had a great time in this hotel and it was not our last visit in the baron hotel. we will come back!

thank you again to all of the staff and the guys from the animationteam for this great time in this hotel!! :-))

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Pascal H
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, 26 August 2014

Greetings from the sunny Baron Palace – Sahl Hasheesh!

By this opportunity we would like to forward you our utmost thanks for issuing such an overwhelming and lovely review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your lovely comments about our facilities, culinary offers and our employees were really touching us and reflecting our continuous efforts to provide our valued guests with the most wonderful and relaxing vacation experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon once again with your friends at our resort.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My daughter and I have just spent a week there which we booked on Secret Escapes. We thought we would give Egypt a try as we usually go to Dubai. There were a lot of things to like about the hotel. The best attribute were the pools. They were lovely. We sat at the quiet pool every day and the young boy at the pool, Ahmed Mahmoud was very helpful. He would set the beds up with towels, later he would come round and clean your glasses and then he came round again with cold towels.
We were Premium All Inclusive but I still don't know what that entitled us to. I drink G&T, they would give me their own brand until I asked for the proper stuff, which was Beefeater. If I wanted Gordons or Bombay I had to pay. The same with the beer. I could have their beer on draught but had to pay for Heineken. Not sure that the Premium meant in the all inclusive.
The food in the Red Sea buffet Restaurant was always good. We ate in the Italian one night and I wish we hadn't. The buffet pasta was better.
The room was nice with a great view of the swim up suits and the beach. The bathroom was OK. Not quiet Dubai standards. There were limited amenities in the bathroom and I never take my own any more as the hotel ones are always good, however on the first night I asked for conditioner and they don't do it,so I went down to the (very small overpriced shop) in the lobby and they didn't do it either. Not 5 star! There were also no cotton wool balls/pads. there was 1 bottle of shampoo / shower gel and body lotion and on day 6 when we ran out I asked reception at 9am to have more put in the room. They never materialised. we had to make do with dregs for the last day. They also forgot to fill up the coffee and milk powder (yuck), and the coffee in the Red Sea is awful beyond belief. They use their water which has a slight sewage smell to it.
We snorkeled every day and it was amazing. The beach is nice.
Hardly any of the restaurants were open yet and apart from the silly little shop, there was a shop selling fake watches and sunglasses?????? How bizarre.
The pool bar was really good. Amr worked so hard all day and always remembered what you drank. Lorna who started about 2pm until closing was by far the nicest staff member we came across.
We had a Hamman massage one day which was superb. I had Tu who popped my back like I was a piece of bubble wrap.
They have people trying to sell you things at your sun beds, like boat trips, beauty therapy, etc. It is all on site but is franchised out so when I tried to charge the massage to the room I was told I couldn't.
The top manager walks around all day and night asking people if they are ok. Such a lovely man. He did come to wave us off when we were leaving which was nice.
When we checked in it was about 10pm and we did not get the drink or cold towel. In fact we were given our room key and not even pointed in the right direction.
It was a good experience but I would not go back to Egypt. I still have terrible pains from the "Egyptian Belly". If the hotel was somewhere else, then I probably would go back as it's very reasonable for what it cost.
Beware....... Hurghada airport is probably the dirtiest place I have ever been.

Room Tip: we were in room 2207
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank justinecooper

Greetings from the sunny Baron Palace – Sahl Hasheesh!

We would like to send you our cordially thanks for publishing such a constructive and detailed feedback concerning your recent vacation at our hotel.

So glad to learn, that you had in overall a good holiday with us, and kindly be sure that we always keep in contact with our guests to get their feedback so we will take as well all your comments in consideration in order to reach our target, the highest possible guest satisfaction

We will be very pleased and hoping to hosting you again at our resort.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I went to Baron Palace with my family for the first time this year. It was simpy amazing, everythin was clean and beautiful, the location is wonderful, just a few steps out of your room and you are in a pool or in the sea. For me as a teenager, I wasn't bored for a minute, there is waterpolo every day, and there is also beachvolleybal with the amazing guys that form the animation team. They gave us such a good time, and I'm sure we are not the only one. So for me, everything was perfect already, and keep in mind, the hotel is not even finished yet... Thank you staff of Baron Palace for the wonderfull stay!

• Stayed August 2014

Greetings from the sunny Baron Palace – Sahl Hasheesh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guest recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

Our pleasure, that you had an amazing holiday with us here and we hope to see you soon back again at our resort for another memorable stay.

We will be very pleased and looking forward to hosting you again at our new resort.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Honey moon setting, above standards beach in terms of beauty, snorkeling, cleanness, privacy space, sophisticated hotel service.
- Overall good points: service, food quality, infrastructure, fine decor, spa, amenities, facilities and the amazing beach view with the nuances of blue in combination with the fabulous swimming pools design.
- Overall downside points: poor wifi connection, no beach party/disco at night, not all restaurants are open, the house wine is not great for european standards, room are very good but not so large.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Linea28

Greetings from the sunny Baron Palace – Sahl Hasheesh!

We would like to send you our cordially thanks for publishing such a nice short feedback concerning your recent vacation at our hotel.

Glad to learn, that you had overall good time with us here and that you enjoyed our beautiful relaxing location, certainly we will put your supportive and constructive comments in consideration and maintain the highest guest satisfaction .

We will be very pleased and looking forward to hosting you again at our resort.

london
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed 10 nights just back 22nd August, My wife I and our 9 year old girl. Having read many of the reports before we went I think many of those people who wrote reports saying it was 6 stars either have never stayed 5 Star or were just stupid. Very annoying and one of the problems when reading Trip Advisor is to remember it is only a person’s comments and you need to read their profile to see if they know what they are talking about. How travelled are they because some of the comments were just stupid for this hotel! I discussed this with the General Manager and he agreed.
This is a nice hotel and has had a lot of money invested by the Baron Group. Let’s go through the good points: The Swimming Pools are the largest I have seen and there is a special one at the kids club and another pool for families as well as an adult’s only pool and other pools all lovely, clean and sparkling. Lola at the Kids club is just brilliant! There is a good bar at the main pool which forms a restaurant serving lunch and some types of evening meals such as BBQ. There is NO Pool safety guards anywhere that’s not good unlike most 5 star hotels so it is your responsibility to look after your children. There is a good bar service and drinks are delivered to both the beach and loungers around the pools. The Pool Bar Staff are fantastic providing an excellent service. The Beach is lovely and near the pool with plenty of Sun Beds with Parasols and lovely sand. The sea is warm and generally calm and the snorkelling is good with lots of lovely fish on the reefs. The Management at this hotel are very dedicated and to be honest are the best I have ever experienced. They try very hard to please and spend a considerable time talking to guests asking if there are any problems and how can they improve things. Absolutely brilliant they are very caring in every respect they deserve to do well. Would I recommend this hotel, without a doubt yes but understand it has only been open since April so there are teething troubles! I am not sure how it will cope when it is full but they will obviously increase the staffing levels. The Kids Club was just brilliant and our daughter loved it. Now some not so good points but nothing really bad:
The Bedroom we selected was a Club Room with access to the Club Lounge and Butler service. To be honest it looked to us that all the rooms were the same and the Club part is not worth having, no one ever uses it and on the three occasions I did I was the only one in there. The sea view was only from the Balcony when you looked 90 degrees right, the view from the room was of the other rooms across the main gardens. The rooms are not very large, but they are clean and comfortable but not what I would call 5 Star more like 4/5 Star. We complained as it was quite tight for 3 people and in fairness were moved to suite with full sea view that was amazing, definitely 5 Star. Room 1314 was our suite if you want to pay the extra it is really lovely. The Restaurants. Some of them are not open, The Mexican, the Asian and the Japanese. There is an Italian, an Egyptian, the Red Sea (Buffet) and the Pool Bar from which to choose. The Italian was by far the best followed for me by the Egyptian and then the Pool bar followed by the Red Sea which is a buffet restaurant for breakfast and evening meals. The food is not gourmet and to be honest the Management needs to look at it, we didn’t meet anyone who said wow! Basically the food was very bland. Having said that they have an Indian Chef who made us some Curries, Onion Bhajees and Chicken Tikka which were all fantastic.
Generally we had a lovely stay at the Baron Palace but forget the 6 Star rubbish that’s not true it is a nice hotel with dedicated Management and it’s good and will get better. Being All Inclusive is great but if you like wine ask for the better Omar Kyam the other stuff tastes and looks like the Management Passed it being dark yellow and tasting quite horrible. Would we go back, not sure as there are so many places to go but to be honest the management here deserve us to back again because they were so caring!
By the way we booked through Love Holidays. Forget them they didn’t even know that all the restaurants were not open and there very rude man Kevin, a Customer Services Agent based in Sunderland was more than objectionable. I suggest you use another Travel Company as Love Holidays do not care at all. What is worse they did not know that many of the restaurants were closed I had to contact the Hotel owners in Cairo to find out the truth. Terrible service with massive arrogance I will never use them again and remember I travel many times during the year so expect good knowledgeable service from my Travel Agent something Love Holidays were unable to offer. Given it is a very competitive market I am surprised that Love Holidays (part of Hays Travel) are able to survive.

Room Tip: suggest if you have a good travel agent you get a good price s it seems to me that all the rooms are...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank white100
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, 27 August 2014

Greetings from the sunny Baron Palace – Sahl Hasheesh!

We would like to send you our cordially thanks for publishing such a detailed and supportive feedback concerning your recent vacation at our hotel.

Glad to learn, that you had overall good time with us here, also your kid’s had fun, certainly we will put your constructive comments in consideration as you already discussed on site, in order to reach the goal of highest guest satisfaction .

We will be very pleased and looking forward to hosting you again at our resort.