“Potential for 5 Stars - just not quite there.”
Review of Arabia Azur Resort

Arabia Azur Resort
Ranked #53 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed there for a couple's getaway with a lot of swimming and snorkeling.
Room was a suite (317) which was very nice but was also the farthest distance to the centrally located restaurants, reef, etc.
Great for swimming longer distances. Not just the ~50m pool but even better, the ~200m salt water lagoons that are very calm and great for swimming.
Food was so so... Often I felt sad what they did with the fresh and good ingredients... Great beef filets were cooked until they were tough as leather. Nice fish or turkey was butchered so that eating them was no fun. But besides that, there was always plenty of choice and the Egyptian dinners twice a week were a definite highlight.
They even have a don't-reserve-loungers policy... Too bad that nobody cares and so most nice loungers are "taken" by 8 AM - where the people only showed up around 3 PM... It was still possible to get a place somewhere but you had to look for a while.
On the other hand the towel-policy was strictly enforced and I got a lecture when I tried to exchange my towel one morning after using it for 3 days (and therefore saving a lot of water/detergent!), being told that I have to return my towel before 6 PM! Which makes no sense if you want to enjoy the evening sun till sunset around 7:30. This particular employee was extremely rude and wouldn't exchange my towel at all. Had to go to management to clear this up. Not very customer oriented.
But most other employees were friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MaKu70

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was planning to stay for 3 nights only and than decided to extend it to 5 nights!
so go figure how much I Liked it... :)
we were a group of 17 adults and 4 kids and ALL of us enjoyed our stay there.

Things I liked:
The beach ,pool , lagoons are great.
food is excellent with lots and lots of varsities.
same goes for the different bars that are scattered all over the resort.
I have been to a several all inclusive hotels before but this hotel takes it to another level, cocktails are great not the normal cheap beverages,and the service is just great,once you sit down in any bar a waiter pops up asking if u like to have a drink...not a single time that this did not happen with me!
All ppl working at Arabia Azur are either great or extremely great :) -except for one or two grumpy guys :)
starting from the reception to the waiters and the animation team as well as the house keeping.
Special thanks to Ahmed in the reception who managed to check us in almost no time although we needed 7 rooms with different requests:)
Habiba from the guest relation was also a nice helpful person.
Ali from the animation is a distinguished person who does a great job.
Things I didn't like:
-The only thing that I did not like during our stay was on the Easter's night and during the party which was by the fire, suddenly they decided to play an Egyptian song that supports one of the political sides of the conflict now in Egypt! therefore some ppl were happy and some others were not and started showing this!
actually an Egyptian guy was threatened by someone (not sure if he works in the hotel or not) that we would be picked up by the police for showing his disapproval!
Please for god's sake avoid such thing and let ppl enjoy their vacation peacefully!
-The animation team does not look to be a one unit during the day, someone is always doing something alone by himself, however I watched a show that they all did together and it was magnificent.
-Beds are not so comfortable :(

Overall: would I go back to Azur?
actually we already started planning our next vacation in Azur before we even finished this one :)
Ask me anything if you need to.... :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Hisham H
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We went this year again to Arabia Azur Beach Resort. It was a super holiday. Nice hotel with kindfull and hapiness staff. Good food and drinks. We come back this year. It is like home. Everyone of the staff tries to help you. Thanks and hope to see you soon again.

Room Tip: When you need something special you can always ask, no problem!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank wouterdeconinck
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were In Egypt for the third time, but this time it was the best stay. Arabia Azur was the great hotel and we enjoyed our holiday. The sea, food, people and the rooms were very good. We can advise this hotel to everyone. ;-)

Room Tip: We had a room with the view to the pool and in was great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Jiri C
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arabia Azur is situated in the middle of three sister hotels that are linked, geographically and categorywise. Facilities in the three hotels are open to all guests: Bel Air is smaller and maybe very slightly lower category; Arabia Azur is the largest of the three; Arabella Azur is maybe supposed to be slightly higher category than Arabia. Guests from Arabia cannot drink nor eat in Arabella but they can have lunch in Bel Air. Regardless of the slight price difference, we would again choose for Arabia Azur and many people clearly were of the same opinion (the proof of this were all the towels at our hotel from guests staying at the other two hotels and comments by people who had stayed at the other hotels on previous holidays). The hotel Arabia structure consists of two lagoons around which the rooms are constructed in two U-forms over three floors. This means that nearly all rooms have view on palmtrees and water from the balcony, very nice. Half of the rooms have the sun in the morning, the other half in the afternoon.
Food was good and varied, staff very friendly (with the odd exception in every section), minibar filled every day (albeit basic with only water, 1 coke and 1 lemonade). I was not too keen on all the cheap cocktails but that is in most all inclusives (Mexico being the exception with their fresh juices). There were a few exceptionally good things here: a room with 8 pool tables (use being free of charge); great sports centre (squash, tennis, great gym); great swimming in either the two lagoons, the sea or the large swimming pool. To top it all, there was a house reef about 5 mins walk ( walk through Arabella). Being a scuba diver, I could still very much appreciate that under water world there, pity it is also the place where the boats pass. I was disappointed though that we could not get any drinks at the bar at the reef (plain water should at least not be refused to all inclusive guests of the sister hotels). After all, guests from Arabella came to occupy the beach chairs at our hotel, especially the sandy parts.
I cannot say anything about the evening shows or the day time animation but I heard that the Dervish dancer was not to be missed.
The dive center (which is at Arabella) had high prices compared to what one can find on internet or in town.
All in all, I can very highly recommend this hotel, for its structure with the lagoons, for its customer friendliness. They really try to make all guests happy.
One draw back is the wifi. It is supposed to be free in the lobby but only one thing is worse than no internet and that is bad connection. I lost a lot of time in the evening, hanging around, swearing at the on and off connection. Next time, I take a taxi into town (two euro one way), buy a card (4 euro) at Etisalat and I will have internet all the time, everywhere.
Another drawback is the red service van passing several times a day around the lagoon where one is sun bathing.
The nationalities of the guests: German, Dutch and Flemish, Russian and Scandinavian.

Room Tip: Ask for a map at the reception. You can have either sun in the morning (rooms starting with 18 or 70...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank laraBrussels
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Quiet and relaxing family hotel I would recommend this hotel to every one
Stayed their for one week. In feb. 2014!
Good value for the money!
Do not walk alone in the city at any time, If you are a blonde girl

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank kurtOdder
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My review about March 2007
Bad hotel and bad time ,I spend just 2 nights there, was invited from our friend , but we are surprised by it's worse .
Rooms old with low quality of its materials and so bad paints , building like blocks not a hotel
Beach is good with beautiful view and space but no any quality
Tables top mad of ceramic ,so bad .
Resturant food is terrible , we didn't eat , no quality bad taste , poor variety, Pepsi in boatels
We leave it to take our dinner out side in the city
Snacks bad with no hygiene ,poor variety .
Reception and lobby is big and have enough sitting
I don't recommend it , it was unforgettable time , we are still laughing when we remember it's time
Finally I would repeat again my review for the stay at march 2007 .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple