Ok here goes.....
We stayed from the 24th to the 31st Dec.
First the negatives ...
1- Rooms and Hotel need a spruce up and a good lick of paint.
2- The entertainment needs to be more inclusive - as mentioned it is gee red towards the Russians and comes across as being a bit , dare I say , "tacky and Eurovision Song Contesty".
3- Mamlouk Chefs ... We aswell as a lot of travellers love spicy and authentic food. You have beautiful produce and the expertise so sort it.
Now the positives ...
Unbelievable location. Beautifully stunning view as you enter . The beach is a piece of paradise.
Staff - humbling. My Family were treated like Royalty. Nothing was too much a problem and all went out there way to accommodate , pardon the pun , any wish. The staff who cleaned the rooms , the waiters , the chefs , the receptionist , the Manager all Thank You. Superb , as for the dude stating him being the only Asian family , I can , hand on my heart was never subject to or felt that we were being treated differently because of the colour of our skin and never once gelt intimidated. In fact they went out of there way to find out from where we originated from. Can't believe how many Egyptians watch Bollywood . Mansour at the Garden resort where I bought my cigs from awesome !
The Garden resort seemed more family orientated - Mamlouk more adult. Take your pick , as you can use both facilities.
One of the best excursions we took was the desert safari , organised by Ahmed the Tour Rep. All that day agreed , it was great value for money and an awesome memorable day out . Tito Loco Loco the tour guide , hats off !
One word of advice , if you need stocking up on crisps , pop etc , take a trip to the supermarket at Senso Mall , very very fixed reasonable prices. Cleopatras Mall for fixed price bric a brac.
So in a nutshell , need to raise the decor , food and entertainment to include all - staff and location seriously cannot fault any of them . Very very humbling .
Happy New Years Guys if you read this from myself and my Family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada