Myself and my partner visited the Sentido Mamlouk Palace Hotel, in Hurgada. We went for a fortnight, on 27th May, 2014.
We had never been to Egypt before but we absolutely loved our holiday and found the hotel to be outstanding. The Egyptian staff were very friendly and welcoming, they made us feel like royalty, whilst we were there.
There were four restaurants to select from, an Italian, Chinese, Asian and Mexican. You can book these once each, per week. This meant that we had waiter service meals for half of our holiday and every restaurant served lovely food with plenty of choice.
The food in the main restaurant was also to a very high standard with lots of choice and they did not stint on portions - you could have had platefuls of any of the food, including meat, if you had wanted, (many of the Russian guests did exactly that).
All the staff were friendly but we became particularly friendly with Mohammed, who worked at the 'towel hut'. He couldn't do enough for us and was always friendly and polite. One day he even brought us a towel which he had folded into an intricate design, with flowers woven into the folds. We used to look forward to our chats with him.
English people can go for breakfast at the Mexican restaurant and it is nicer than battling with all the ignorant Russians. The chef and waiters in there are lovely and the chef always gave us a big smile, when we went in. One morning, he tapped me on the shoulder and told me that he had made a cheese pancake, especially for me - it was delicious.
We had a cleaner called Haiba and, again, he was friendly and welcoming - always asking if you had everything you needed. The minute any toiletries ran out they would be replaced by the time we got back and the fridge stocked up with water. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the rooms comfortable, with air conditioning and a safe included in the price.
We would like to go back soon and would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Sue S and Geoff R.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada