Disappointed with the hotel this time.
We have stayed 3 times previous and really enjoyed our holiday here, seems this time to not have the homely feeling.
We arrived 4 1/2 hours late thanks to Thomas cooks got to hotel around 3:30 am then had to attend the welcome meeting at 10:00.
The restaurant manager was at the meeting and head chief as well as English entertainment manager, this was really informative and always worth going to.
On our 3 rd day the restaurant manager spotted us in the main restaurant at breakfast he spoke to us quite a few times during our stay which was a nice touch, he told us about the breakfast for English in the Mexican - this was great and the guy running it and the chief are brilliant.
The main restaurants food is not very good I am a very fussy eater so just ended up with a cheese salad 7 nights out of the 10 . We booked the Italian as we love the people running it and the food out of the 4 nights we booked we got to eat there twice which was fantastic the team in there are brilliant, we booked for the Wednesday and Thursday again 1 hour before our meal was booked we had a letter delivered to the door saying it had been canceled I was very disappointed so salad it was that night.
Thursday was the night before we were coming home and my husbands birthday so we went for our booking at 7 there seemed a lot of people as we got there but the manager who we know sat us down and got our drinks organised.
5 minutes later some manager from the main hotel who we have not seen before came over to say we hadn't got a booking I explained I had booked on the Sunday - he replied you can stay though how rude was he doing this I got very upset with the whole situation and we left 1/2 way through our meal.
Also we had been talking to someone at the hotel who had said if you've been before you should have yellow bands as your VIPs we did ask for these and we're told they had been locked in the safe the hotel operates 24 hours a day check ins so what would the other people have got mmm.
We actually put we had been 3 times on the check in card as well perhaps if we had had the yellow bands the manager in the Italian wouldn't have been so rude.
We had a relaxing holiday which we had gone to the hotel for but would not return again.
We did fill in the feedback card before we left about how we felt and paid to keep on our room but no one approach us so what's the point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada