Just got back from a fabulous holiday at the Sentido Mamlouk Palace. The hotel, rooms, grounds and facilities are spacious and very clean. The rooms are cleaned every day, towels replenished, the towel art is incredible; we found a swan, flower and a little man made out of towels on our bed, unfortunately we had to dismantle them as we needed the towels. Thanks to the two guys who cleaned our room (15327) everyday, apologies I didn’t catch your names.
Many thanks to Ali from the pool recreation team who sorted us out with pool towels every single day and would do anything for you, a genuinely lovely guy. Also, thanks to Michael from the pool bar who provided us with numerous drinks throughout the day, always courteous and with a smile, he couldn’t help you enough. Fox from the animation team was amazing with the children, even though they threw him in the pool a few times, a lovely guy who encouraged everyone to get involved in the activities which brought all the children together.
There are 4 à la carte restaurants, a Mexican, Asian, Oriental and Italian. You must pre book them; we enjoyed food from the Asian and Mexican the most.
Breakfast is served in the Mexican so you don’t have to worry about having a scuffle with the Russians first thing in the morning. The chef will make you whatever you like; fried eggs, scrambled eggs, omelettes, pancakes, all cooked to perfection. You can also enjoy lunch in the Mexican restaurant buffet style; it constantly changes day by day and is delicious.
Thank you to Gumal, Mustafa and Essam from the Mexican who looked after us extremely well and made our meal times so enjoyable.
Youssry, the head chef (#1 in Hurghada) who is in charge of all restaurants in the hotel is absolutely amazing, a pleasure to meet and will always have a special place in our hearts. He works extremely hard to ensure everybody is happy with the food and will do absolutely anything for you.
We were invited to a special Sunday dinner which was located on one of the islands in the middle of the pool; it was divine, roast beef, turkey, all the trimmings and even Yorkshire puddings (they were perfect!) Thank you for such a lovely evening.
The staff really did go the extra mile to make the holiday as enjoyable as possible. Special thanks to Youssry and Shoukry.
We hope to see you again next year. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada