One of the oldest hotels in Hurghada and you may see it at every corner of the hotel. I applies to reception (old-fashioned, looks like from the Mubarak golden ages;)), restaurant (like a camp canteen), bungalows (like a prison cell). The overall impression of the hotel: gloomy, with little green areas (however hotel is almost 30 years old).
The positive things: the area of the hotel is specious and you do not feel the crowd, even if there are many guests in the hotel. The best thing about the hotel is the beach - I would say this is the best beach in Hurghada or even on all Red Sea coast. It is really sandy, very wide and you do not feel that you sit on the back of the neighbor guest like in most of the other Hrg or SSH resorts. Due to the lack of reef, the see bottom is also sandy and it is perfect for swimming.
The service is lazy and just waiting for tips for doing nothing. Just the animation team is worth to mention - the do their best to keep people active and satisfied.
Manta restaurant is another piece of disaster. I am usually not choosy about the food, but I really had a problem to find something fresh, hot and not testing like the meal I had yesterday and the day before yesterday. Tough meet, no fishes, cold rice, limited number of fresh vegetables and almost no fresh fruits (apart from watermelon). Only deserts deserved 4-stars. The cleanness and service below any standard. The tables are dirty, no clean cutlery or glass even when there is only a few guests at the restaurant. The wine served to the meal (extra paid with HB option) is awful and you wait for it 30 min unless you will tip a waiter (then you wait "just" 15 min). To sum up: noisy, dirty with awful food - avoid. On the other hand, if you eat whatever just to survive – you will survive ;)
The bungalows look like cellars with noisy A/C. I had an impression that both the bad and furniture will crumble into dust if I just touch it. The plus is that a separated "kitchen" area - but not useful in such resort. I really did not feel like in 4-star room and staying inside the room was putting me into depressive mood:(
So, if you consider to book the hotel, forget it – unless it is the cheapest offer to spend few days under Egyptian sun and the only expectation you have is to enjoy the beach time. But if you really want to relax in 4-star standard hotel, find something another.
If you already booked Magawish, have in mind that the beach is really outstanding and you will enjoy it for sure. Take a map of Hrg and board yourself outside the hotel. It is not a problem to take a bus each evening and within 10 min you will be in the center of Sakkala with plenty of good restaurants and coffee shops. You will come tired enough not to notice the depressive accommodation and ignore the lazy service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About the hotel: Hotel Magawish Village & Resort is ideally located in the tourist area of 1.2 km of natural sandy beache overlooking the Magawish island. Everybody likes to stay at the beach, especially if it takes place on the Red Sea coast, where 365 days a year heat. On our proposed resort for a large variety of outdoor activities and sports - from diving and snorkeling to extreme kite surfing. Location: Located on the beach, 8 km from the airport and 15 kilometers from the center of Hurghada. Number of rooms: 425 Types of rooms: 332 bungalow,24 studios, 56 apartments, 9 family rooms, 2 family villas, 2 royal suites. Room Description: The hotel provides accommodation in the hotel type buildings and bungalow-type, which are distributed throughout the hotel to ensure privacy during your stay. All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV, bath or shower, minibar, terrace or balcony . Guest Services: - reception desk and information desk - limousine - laundry - internet cafe - professional animation team - kids club - supermarket - shop - two freshwater swimming pools (one heated in winter) - two children's pools - tennis courts - squash courts. - an international diving center - windsurfing and kite surfing - riding (for beginners - with instructor) For children: - playground; - children's club. Restaurant and bars: Restaurant Manta: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. beach bar and restaurant The dolphin: pizza, pasta and salad at lunchtime. Restaurant Mermaid: a wide range of seafood dishes, both international and local, deluxe sea view and a fantastic view of the sky. Stylish pub Bogart's pub & Disco: excellent place to have fun for a pleasant drink. A bar Panorama, bar Divers, a poolside bar Shamousa, a poolside bar, and Lotus Oriental Cafe. Beach: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Magawish Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magawish Swiss Hotel Hurghada
- Magawish Swiss Resort All Inclusive