“I wouldn't send my dog to that hotel!!!”

Magawish Village & Resort
Ranked #132 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 21 February 2010

My husband and I stayed for 3 days in this awful place. We found the staff unfriendly, (mostly the reception staff), unhelpful and untrained. The food was bland and mass produced. Was surprised at the lack of fresh fruit. gardens were unkept and there were more weeds than grass. Rooms very basic, no safe in room or hairdryer. Drinks served in cheap plastic beakers and very bad quality. Disco and pool room smelt so badly of sweat and smoke that we couln't stand to be one minute in there!! The only plus points were the beach and reef where it was really good to snorkle. The water sports center on the beach was good and staff friendly, equipment also good. Over all it was a shabby, unkept, old and badly managed resort. DONT GO THERE!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Janey00

Reviewed 3 February 2010

I was very pleased with the Magawish Swiss Inn Resort. The hotel was very nice, I liked the compound, that the rooms were separate and the grounds were so large. The gardens were beautiful and enjoyed walking around. It was a very peaceful, quiet atmosphere, which I loved. The rooms were cleaned well everyday. The beach was incredible, well-maintained, and great for swimming and for just lying in the sun to relax. One side of the beach had music and dancing, etc and the other side was quiet. The food was amazing! There were lots of choices, and I liked that there were different themes. The desserts were scrumptious! I really enjoyed interacting with the people who worked at Magawish. The waiters and chefs in the dining area were fun and had great senses of humor. The beach people also were very friendly and nice to talk with. The service at the hotel was very good. Also, the different tours that were advertised at the hotel were very interesting, I did the snorkeling, which was amazing. It is a great place to get away and get a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. I would highly recommend this place to anyone! I was sad to leave!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2010

This is my 4 time in Egypt. This hotel is equals to 2 stars level. The rooms in Magawish in Hurgana are exactly the same- small rooms and not comfortable, beds with metal springs, the shower pad is so small and all the time we had the shower- the water was flowing on the flor. The staff in not polite and pleasant. We had AI, but if you want tea in the bar- pay money after 7 PM, if you need some regular services- pay for additional wishes. The drinks in the bars are served in plastic cups even you sit in the bar. the teritory was not planted or planted very poor.
And this was quite high price for our stay for such poor hotel. The only nice think- the food during the diner was nice.
If you can- avoid this hotel. You can find much much better for this price.

• Stayed: December 2009
3  Thank seastar6
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Although it was only 3 nights honeymoon but i really spent a wonderful time there with my husband.the hotel was very clean,the stuff was very helpful,the beach was long enough to take a walk under the moon.the all inclusive was great along with the beer and wine.we really wish to return back again and revive this sweet memory.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We were a group of 7 friends, we recently stayed in the MAGAWISH SWISS INN Resort Hurghada, from August 24 until September 7, 2009.

We went there using our Italian Tour Operator TURCHESE with an all inclusive formula.

Unfortunatelly, our stay in the hotel was not good  and we had several inconveniences as follows:

The worst of all was the following:

Months before our arrival I contacted:

Ashraf Amin ( Reservation Manager )
Mohsen Wahib ( General Manager )

Explaining that in our group we were 5 divers, so we would like our rooms to be as close as possible to the COLONA Dive Center. Well thanks a lot to all of you SWISS INN staff the rooms given to us were exactly on the opposite side of the COLONA Dive center as far as possible !!!!

We had rooms 202, 203, 205 not only these rooms were very far from the DIVE CENTER but to our surprise they were also in the most ugly part of the hotel, by ugly I mean its the part of the hotel less green, less taken care of, more dessertified, the part of the hotel closer to COLONA Dive Center is much nicer and green, more taken care of.

How come if I asked months before and I reminded the staff few weeks before of our request the hotel didnt do anything for us? They didnt even care we were a group of seven? They didnt even care we were divers?

Is it because they treat Italian customers less better than other Nationalities since there were not many Italians in the hotel ? Is it because Turchese Tour Operator doesnt pay the hotel much ? To mee seams the other way around we Italians pay much more the package than other nationalities such as: Polish, Chec, Russian, etc, so why we get worst rooms?

I notice that Italians were maybe only 10% of the hotel, I notice this by the rooms assigned to Italians, so it either means they dont care about Italians because we are too little or maybe if the hotel would treat Italians with better rooms maybe more Italians will go to this hotel ?

In addition, we have to also point out many things we didnt like at all about MAGAWISH hotel:

ROOMS: they are not very well maintained, doors wont close well. Shower drain didnt work so took very long time for water to drain. Very few hangers in the closet. Rooms were not cleaned very well we always found the floor dirty. I had many big ants in my room.

It was a small room with two twins and a pull out sofa bed, and older furniture which was marked and scratched. Very 60's-motel style. Listed with bathtub, there was only a shower. Very disappointing. There was an empty flower stand in the room, but never ever anyone put a flower its a simple small detail that could be done as is done in many other resorts.

To our surprise there was no safe box in the rooms and the use of the safe box at reception cost 1 euro per day.

SOFT DRINK machines: The only one that worked well was the one in the main Restaurant and the Bedouin cafe. The soft drink machine at Beach Bar temperature was ambient temperature never cold, beer was ok, Machine at new pool was also not good and drinks served from bottle were also warm!

MAIN RESTAURANT:

Well food was very repetitive, not so good for us Italians, and also you dont do as many resorts theme nights, like Egyptian night, etc. Potatoes usually were not well cooked they were raw. Lots of food was cold. The worst in the main restaurant was that MAGAWISH do not have enough glasses for all the guests, so there were some waitresses walking around always trying to pick up empty glasses and if you were not carefull they will take the glass from the table.

The wine was undrinkable, specially the red wine, it was refermented maybe due to high temperatures.

BEACH DISCOTEQUE: never ever used ! always empty, and MAGAWISH do nothing to incentive people to go there, its a wonderfull place why not serve drinks and shisha as the bedouin bar? It will be nice way to incentive that area.

PANORAMA BAR: another wonderfull place never used, always empty because all drinks are not in the all inclusive plan, its a pitty MAGAWISH should find ways top incetive it. Since it was completely empty and air conditioned was at maximun power temperature inside PANORAMA BAR was soo freezing cold.

BEACH BAR SNACKS: snacks were good but cleaningness of the place was very very BAD, they never ever cleaned the tables, there were not napkings at all available ! Frech fries from the kitchen were taken with the hands to be served to people !

INTERNET SERVICE: in 2 weeks it never ever worked !!! how come? Dive center and Kite center it was working but not available for guests, so it means there was line active.

BEACH: I have to recognize the beach is excellent, maybe the best beach in Hurghada.

DIVE CENTER: its ok, our main complain is that no one speak Italian, no instructor no guide speak Italian once again it seams your hotel doesnt care about Italian customers. I think you should impose DIVE CENTER to have at least some one speak Italian at least a Dive Master.

I hope my comments will be read and help some future travellers to well decide in advance if the MAGAWISH is suitable for them. On the other hand, I also hope the Hotel reads this comments so hope it will the hotel take care of it.

I have a huge recommendation for MAGAWISH. The hotel could be very very nice, the main need of the hotel is more green areas, take care of the gardens, I know its very hard in a dessert area, but its also true other hotels do it ! You dont have centralized irrigation system in the old part, look instead nicer part of hotel close to dive center which MAGAWISH didnt give to us  that area is much nicer because they take more care of it irrigating daily.

One nice idea could be also to kindly ask each guest to take care of its own plant outside each other room, believe me many guests will take care of it by just dropping some water in the plants just outside their rooms, for sure will help these poor plants that suffer so much and fight to survive.

The hotel will look so much nicer if you invested more on green area and plants. Off course you have to take care of restaurant and service personnel, I have to say that I didnt notice they were as good as the one I have seen in other Red Sea area hotels. There were some guys which worked hard and well others that did nothing at all, why their superiors dont notice this and do anything?

By the way is MAGAWISH hotel really 4 star? It doesnt look like after all I have said. By the way I have read comments on your hotel in tripadvisor website and many people agrees with my complaints. This is not good for MAGAWISH I wonder if the hotel managers read tripadvisor.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I have been in Hurghada only one week and frankly saying I feel like I need another vacations. Yes the weather was good and there was a sea, but in Egypt this is something that is always present. As for hotel I was expecting something more and unfortunately I was a little bit disappointed. The whole idea of a vast hotel terrain-space with the small houses spreaded here and there just wasn't working for me. I was feeling like walking through the desert when visiting my friend on the other side of the "hotel". The only thing that is worth to mention was the food which was quite good (don't you think that I went only to Egypt to eat vast majority of food). Still, summarizing..
If you think about going to Egypt I encourage you to go through the hotels in Sharm El Sheik (I was there 2 years ago). The reefs there are much colorful, there is waay much fishes there and the whole tourist places looks and feels more civilized.
Have a good time in Egypt!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C0C0DRILL0
Reviewed 27 July 2009

i'm so happy and glad because i visit this hotel for the first time and i was afraid before i go because i check the hotel before i booked i found bad comments but the truth is the hotel is very nice and also the location and the beach and also service i like it too much
form the begining at reception you find very polite and helpful staff and the efficiant of check in was very smooth and the reception staff do his best to satrisfy you
many thanks for the reception staff

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends