“We walked right out”

Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Avenel
Reviewed 8 January 2012

OK - I admit - we booked this hotel based on price without checking the reviews first. Result - we arrived, paid - and walked out without staying when we saw the room.
All we needed was a clean, decent place to stay the night en route on a joint business trip.
I guess I am just too naive as I should have realized that the "tell-tale" signs were not good.
The reception is in fact a person behind glass - warning number one.
I guess the signs saying "No visitors allowed" should also have been a warning...

We checked in and paid - and I said to my husband - let's look at the room before unloading the stuff from the car.
We walked along a dingy corridor - to open the room's door - only to find a large bed facing us with a huge mirror behind it and another mirror on the ceiling. The carpet looked yucky.
It is sufficient to say that we didn't even cross the threshold - and went straight back to our car and drove off - the first time I have ever done this anywhere in the world. This was a big mistake as we had already paid by credit card and booking.com would not refund and nor would the hotel.
To summarize - we lost our payment and we drove off at 10PM to find a better, more respectable environment.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam_from_Israel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avenel
Hotel Executive Suites
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
#1 of 4 in Woodbridge

Been to Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge

Address: 969 US Highway 1, Avenel, NJ 07001-1344 (Formerly La Mirage Motor Inn)
Region: United States > New Jersey > Avenel
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Avenel
Price Range: £47 - £93 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge 1.5*
8 Miles from New York City, Manhattan. 7 Miles from MetLife Stadium, SuperBowl 2014. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.