“TERRIBLE, WE WALKED OUT....”

Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Avenel
Colonia, New Jersey
“TERRIBLE, WE WALKED OUT....”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

First C/O..Front desk : bad manners..unprofessional..hallways stinks.. old bldg.. carpet dirty........
We arrived w/o reservation but I was told no needed due to plenty of rooms. Fine. but I was over charged due to for two adults. fine. dont want to argue. we were tired driving from florida. so, got to our room the "Stupid kid" gave us one bed only, So, I asked why, obviously we need two beds. He said, well, you didn't ask for two beds.. OMG. I wanted to smack this kid. So, he changed the order but the price went up again due to for two beds requested.. Thats it ... I lost it.. and cancelled my room.. I rathered sleep in my car...Never, never again..

Room Tip: more quieter room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Israel
Reviewed 8 January 2012

OK - I admit - we booked this hotel based on price without checking the reviews first. Result - we arrived, paid - and walked out without staying when we saw the room.
All we needed was a clean, decent place to stay the night en route on a joint business trip.
I guess I am just too naive as I should have realized that the "tell-tale" signs were not good.
The reception is in fact a person behind glass - warning number one.
I guess the signs saying "No visitors allowed" should also have been a warning...

We checked in and paid - and I said to my husband - let's look at the room before unloading the stuff from the car.
We walked along a dingy corridor - to open the room's door - only to find a large bed facing us with a huge mirror behind it and another mirror on the ceiling. The carpet looked yucky.
It is sufficient to say that we didn't even cross the threshold - and went straight back to our car and drove off - the first time I have ever done this anywhere in the world. This was a big mistake as we had already paid by credit card and booking.com would not refund and nor would the hotel.
To summarize - we lost our payment and we drove off at 10PM to find a better, more respectable environment.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Sam_from_Israel

Travellers are raving about these Avenel hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avenel
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
#2 of 2 in Carteret
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#2 of 3 in Iselin

Been to Travelodge Avenel Woodbridge? Share your experiences!