“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Avenel
Tucson, Arizona
“Fantastic Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

From the minute I walked in this hotel I was impressed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Once I get into my room I check everything out and it is definately above the Comfort Inn standards. Everything was clean, spotless, and perfect. When I spoke to any of the hotel staff downstairs, they called me by name, which was very nice. The only thing from preventing me from giving this hotel 5 stars is the shower. It was exceptionally clean and plenty of soft towels, but the water pressure was pathetic. I like to take a nice hot relaxing shower. I barely had enough water pressure to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. But that is the ONLY thing I can find wrong with this hotel. I enjoyed my stay and will be back again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Convenient to all the locations in this area. Located on Rte. 1 but quiet and comfortable with large rooms and special friendly staff.. Rooms equipped with fridge and freezer units and a microwave for convenience. Morning breakfast here still includes bacon or sausage with scrambled eggs and well as waffles, cereals and fruit. Pleased to see them refinishing their appearance with a building facelift and cleaning. Working hard to keep their quiet spacious and clean rooms worthy of your visit. The also have an in-house bar that none of the other hotels we stayed at provide. A great recommendation provided by us on this stay.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 7th floor far from the hwy and road noises if there were any but none that we noticed...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OneOpinionNJ
Glen Burnie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

There are a lot of hotels to choose from in the New Jersey area. But, I always find myself here! The staff is always friendly and helpful. The location is on busy route but it is quiet. Rooms are spacious and clean including the restroom. The last visit for me was during mother's day weekend. The rates did not inflate magically as other hotels do around holidays and such. I even overslept on the day I was to check out. The staff told me no worries take your time! Never a charge for late check out and I was about two hours late! And the free breakfast is great. I can't say I experience anything ever with this location. Check it out if you are in the Woodbridge/Avenel area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

In the area for work, we chose this hotel for its proximity to the site. It's challenging to get to from the south (a U-turn that is very inconvenient), but otherwise this was a perfect place. Lobby and common/breakfast space is very nice, and the staff was pleasant, professional and welcoming. Our room was wonderful, spacious and well-appointed. Direct TV is always a plus! The bathroom was equally roomy with a full counter, excellent towels and great water pressure. The bed was one of the best with impressive linens. We're on the road 200 nights per year and feel this hotel is among the nicest we've stayed in. There is an exercise room (we didn't have time to use) and a small bar off the lobby (not available Thurs or Sunday nights) which we also never managed to get to. Staff we encountered throughout the hotel looked professional and were very friendly. Breakfast is good although area is small and there just is not enough counter area for the food. It got a little tense when more than a few people were dining. My only concern was that the rear door opened without a room key: we just walked in, through the lobby and to the elevator. Anyone could have done this without being seen by front desk staff. We thought that very odd indeed. Parking is a little tight but we managed our truck and trailer pretty well. We'd be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the highway side and experienced no problems with traffic noise. Lights from the car deal...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary Jane S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

It was a wonderful stay from the time I entered this hotel until the time I left. The rate was reasonable. The front desk staff (Emma) was very professional and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful with a wide variety of choices. I don't usually take the time to review my hotel stays, but in this case, I am glad to do so.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Williams6732014
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We are from Toronto, went to New Jersey for an important matter. We booked 2 rooms for a day and requested the front desk for a late check out at least for a room.
With out any hesitation, she offered us late check out for the both rooms.
Such a wonderful staff.(J)
Hotel is very clean, rooms are clean, bath rooms are alright. Beds are comfortable enough.
Choice hotels' standard breakfast. I am ok with it.
I am not sure that the hotel has enough parking if sold out. But we did not have any problem for parking. Acceptable traffic and AC noise.
We were very happy to stay there for a night, Good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank suerama13
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were welcomed as Choice Elite members with an upgrade to a Jacuzzi Suite room. The staff was friendly and very willing to please. The standard suite rooms are very nice sized. Room was very clean, bed comfortable and breakfast good. Hotel is within half hour of NY, and priced reasonably as compared to NY City hotels. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joenic11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avenel
Palace Hotel
Palace Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fords
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Woodbridge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
BEST WESTERN Riverview Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Suites at Woodbridge? Share your experiences!