“The only place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Makadi Bay
The Makadi Spa Hotel (Adults Only)
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Having just spent a week here I am convinced this was the best hotel on offer. Fabulous! I had a junior suite which was superb and have no complaints whatsoever. There was a great choice of food and places to eat within the hotel complex, the pool areas were lovely and the beach was great, although I would advise taking beach shoes as you have to walk on rocky coral to get out to deep enough water to swim in.
Despite the spa not being open we all had massages and fish pedicures which were being offered by professionals in the beach area. The staff are extremely courteous and nothing is too much trouble so I would whole heartedly recommend staying here. The added bonus is it is child free for those of us wanting a peaceful break!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Judi M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

A relaxing a comfortable hotel, no the spa is not open we all know this. I will not go over rooms again as I think with over 350 reviews people now know the are spacious and clean and the towel boy knocks even when the do not disturb is on.
We like it here it is quiet and relaxing. Mahmoud the pool boy knows what we like and when to bring it, I am beginning to think he is a mind reader, anyway he just knows!!!!!!!
we visited the Asian for teppanyaki twice and twice for the standard menu. Botanical Garden in the Palace Hotel twice and the Thai also in the Palace Hotel. The tapas restaurant in the Spa has previously had a patchy but is currently really lovely great little dishes followed by fab main courses, Jaspers is currently closed and the chef that was in charge of Jaspers is now in the Tapas therefore obviously standards have hit the roof.
Room request via Stephanie were fulfilled without problems. Mohammed Salah takes care of almost everything even if its not his remit.
Wagdy at the lobby bar thank you for our morning tea and pastries.
There are a few little issues i.e. Jacuzzi pool is out of action with tiles missing. Curtains at the lobby bar are frayed to the edges. but this is Egypt where recent issues have lead to a halt in any building or updating/upgrading work. This is not the fault of the staff they really do the absolute best with what they have. We will go again perhaps in April and November this year as it gives us just what we want - peace and quiet. See you soon Gerard

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebandJeff
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am writing this review whilst I am still at Makadi Spa - I came here to start my new book ( As a writer I am always looking for a relaxing and inspiring locations and I have found one! ) I cannot begin to say how wonderful this place is - Stunning location, friendly service and people, beautifully clean and the food is absolutely delicious. My room is overlooking the infinity pool and sea and each morning I wake up feeling refreshed and relaxed. I am leaving tomorrow and feel like I want to stay another month! I came with my family who have really enjoyed the selection of restaurants, the pools and lovely walks along the sea front. This has been the best holiday - THANK YOU to everyone at Makadi Spa x

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Liggy W
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was there in Nov for 7 nights and due back in March 2014. It has still loads to offer and loads due to open.

Have to say if I am really going to be picky the Bars in the evening are not that great, there is a fantastic and very comfortable lobby bar which used to be for all inclusive but no longer for some reason which is a great shame as it was a hub to get to meet others as it had a nice long bar.

Other than that the food and service is still Excellent and worth every penny.

Room Tip: The Spa is still not open and the Gym you have to pay extra for so unable to comment. In Fairness th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dodgyted
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Makadi Spa exceeds expectations of all inclusive in Egypt. We were warmly greeted and checked in to a lovely room with great views of the pool and sea. We were 3 friends travelling and had 2 suites. We were disappointed to discover one queen size bed in each room tho staff were very accommodating providing bedding for the sofa bed (frustrating tho when we specifically requested a twin room some 11 months in advance).
Food, service and drinks were really good - surpassing experiences in Sharm. The options were endless amongst this hotel and the others in the resort tho we opted to stay and use facilities in the hotel because it's adults only and because the service was excellent. A particular shout out to Mohammed at the pool bar and his excellent attention to us at the buffet on New Years Eve and Head waiter Mohammed at the fish restaurant. Their service focus was terrific.
Buffet on NYE was superb...the chefs had done a brilliant job!
A shame the spa isn't open yet (we were advised of this fact before we arrived and a small discount made by Red Sea holidays as a result) as the alternative provided in the beach huts really isn't to standard tho not in the control of the hotel.
Service can be slow in the lobby bar though everyone is pleasant. A little constructive critique would be to ensure more reception staff at known peak times of departure. Service was slow and really felt for the one man trying to serve everyone checking out....he needed more support.
All in all a great week's holiday and would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 68Nikki71
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Makati resort comprises a number of hotels: The Spa looks the newest and has a splendid facade on arrival. Although still not totally finished (the spa isn't yet done, some areas being built), the staff are wonderful, the food is excellent and there is a large choice of restaurants to dine in. The grounds are lovely with a heated and an infinity pool overlooking the ocean. Use of a fairly good gym, tennis courts & equipment is available although you have to pay extra for this.
The suite we had was gorgeous & cleaned properly every day.
The only negative was the quality of the alcoholic drinks (as we were all inclusive). We paid for premium Egyptian drinks as being on the resort, there was nowhere else to go. A bottle of drinkable wine was £25, whilst a gin & tonic cost £6.50 - still Egyptian makes but more palatable.
The hotel is tranquil, with no children and plenty of sunbeds both around the pools and on the beach. Def worth a return trip.

Room Tip: Check room before accepting, ours was a bit dark so they moved us to a bigger, brighter one without...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare Y
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Although the rooms are very nice indeed and what you expect from a 5 star hotel, unfortunately the same cannot be said for the rest of the hotel. Red Sea seems to think that whilst they have not increased prices at Xmas this entitles them to charge exorbitant prices for meals in all but one of their restaurants. They then laid on entertainment in the bar where most people normally congregated in the evening and then decided you can only use this bar if you pay for drinks.
When trying to speak to Mr Hanssen he made it quite clear that we had no cause to complain as the company was in the business to make money - and perhaps not to look after their guests!!!
Most of the staff were very helpful - but regrettably it will not persuade me to go there again!

Room Tip: Not prepared to recommend rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 mi away
Iberotel Makadi Beach
Iberotel Makadi Beach
#4 of 30 in Makadi Bay
Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)
The Makadi Palace Hotel
The Makadi Palace Hotel
#15 of 30 in Makadi Bay
Jaz Makadi Star & Spa
Jaz Makadi Star & Spa
#8 of 30 in Makadi Bay

Been to The Makadi Spa Hotel (Adults Only)? Share your experiences!