Well-maintained green throughout, spacious rooms rather sparsely furnished, clean rooms by European standards this yourself, may on Egyptian goods. Guests mainly Russians.
The beach some 5-10 minutes for an adult, the child is rather 15-20 minutes. Outside of hotels grouped around the bay - there is nothing in the desert; Tours from April - rather not count - heat of 50-70 degrees in the sun discourage to visit Luxor or Cairo, the pyramids around (the distance! min. 5 hours drive)
Although the waiters in the dining room and family cleaning staff tried to be nice - but rudeness from the Reception people influenced our impression and maade forget about the positives, AND RECALLS worse side of this hotel:
1) a resident directed us contact with her through the front desk (because prices in the cells are in Egypt, a lot - in the range € 2/min) - tried once - got the phone, but after 30 seconds and a strange reception guy almost tried to snatch the phone (have several phones at the reception)
2) check-out ends at 12.00, the plane at 18:00 on request or can be a little longer, because a small child usually sleeps during the day to 14:00 - No, it's best you have already left the hotel, but if you pay me 30 € you can moments longer be
3) At the outset they give you some pile of cards - no one counts how many and what is (not numbered plastic, apparently to enter the pools), in the end they want it back - if not checked how much you got, you have to pay € 10 for each " lost "- although you have no idea how many there were, I said to not pay a penny for a worthless plastic card - And these Reception's morons did not allowed us to enter return bus and said we have to take a taxi to ride to the airport-row for half an hour, a coach with 20 people. from other hotels had been waiting. Because of €10 for the card worth maybe 30 cents.
4) You take that kind of cultural baggage taken to the room - so much that the guy sprawled WHEELS of the bag (it was not a bad bag) and gave the bag of sawn from the bottom on their floor - I wanted to neglect - my loss, the bag was heavy, but after a row a card - I want to make a complaint - moron at the reception with a stupid look and SMILE denied me because he knows it was not them, do not give me a standard report to the injury, he advisesme to report to TUI, but they are still in advance for anything not admit that.
Many hotels, even as I lost a magnetic card / key - no one told me to pay - HERE AT RECEPTION LEVEL People far below CULTURE camels!
FOOD - Very varied in appearance - the fact - but most boiled things feel very well scented Egyptian water - sooner or later most visitors experience ... stomach problems. Cuts of meat from the grill - the slice rationed by the cook, who makes sure you do not take such whole mini chicken drumsticks.
Family dining is nice. High - as a place to eat great as hopeless-hypermarket. More walking and standing in the queue than you eat. Smrodek as the hospital cafeteria. Of course, vicious things - at the very end - what would be a lot of people do not dobrało.
Spirits in the all inclusive very poor, wine hopeless.
The pools are large in fact as clean. Billiards. These tables, ping-pong. Is a charge for a gym. It is quite expensive Internet access.
Spacious, rather clean, but not new and not well equipped.
Place more for the Russians and Germans who are not picky. Few Poles, Czechs, and French are the guests here, rather the third category, and will not be too pleased treatment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a five-star, all-inclusive resort in Egypt’s flourishing Madinat Makadi area, Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort truly is a holiday oasis of comfort and tranquility. Guests enjoy access to a private beach, bathe in the Red Sea and can arrange exciting activities including scuba diving and windsurfing. It’s even possible to organize excursions into the desert and mountain, home to Bedouin villages, oases and ancient ruins. Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort is the single largest resort in the Madinat Makadi complex, but it still provides personalized service for guests. This is due, in part, to the breadth of facilities available across the complex, allowing individual resorts to focus more on their guests and less on the upkeep of a single, all-inclusive resort property. The result is an intimate and luxurious holiday underpinned by a vast collection of facilities and services. Exceptional facilities are a shining example of what the Madinat Makadi resort complex does right. Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort offers a host of facilities, including 24-hour front desk services, unlimited internet access during the stay in public areas, laundry service and a shuttle bus to and from Hurghada city centre both at an extra charge. There are gift and souvenir shops located right on hotel grounds, with more in the surrounding area. Families with children will find plenty to excite children, including the action-packed Kids’ Club. Finally, the leisure facilities at Madinat Makadi are second to none, with a wide range of land- and water-based sports catered for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Makadi Oasis & Family Hotel Makadi Bay
- Iberotel Makadi Oasis And Family Resort
- Iberotel Makadi Oasis Family Resort