On arrival at Hurghada Airport we then had to have a coach to our hotel which took approx 40 mins, whilst we were travelling we went through a security check point with police/guards with firearms, we began to get apprehensive about our stay at Makadi Oasis, slightly further on, we then saw barren landscapes and were beginning to think what have we booked. We then entered this resort/ complex and had to enter another security checkpoint, by this point we were really deflated as we assumed that we would be confined to the resort and be bored after a few days. How WRONG were we...
The resort was fantastic, there were daily buses into Hurghada, the hotel ran trips to Luxor and Cairo amongst other places. We did the flight to Cairo to see the Pyramids of Giza etc and I have to say it was outstanding, I felt quite choked by what we were viewing. There was one down side to the Pyramids the amount of rubbish left everywhere, everyone on our trip commented about it.
We also did a trip to an island where we had a sit down meal and where everyone had the opportunity to go snorkelling, again a fantastic trip, well worth the cost of about £20.
The FOOD was fantastic, I never heard of anyone complaining or of anyone with a stomach upset, we were reassured that all veg and salad items were washed in bottled water.
Staff were very friendly and willing to converse with you, especially about your life, we had the same waiter everyday as he would look out for us as he enjoyed our chats, also we enjoyed his company too.
Pool and beach area fantastic, the hotel had a bar on the beach for those people that were all inclusive, which was very handy, but then again everything was very cheap.
One point to be aware of, we visited Hurghada and not sure if all women are chatted up or whether it is a blonde hair thing but my poor partner, had to keep hold of my hand as quite a few people approached us and tried to take my hand and I was dressed appropiately, long trousers and a round neck tshirt. Some people moaned about the Egyptians trying to get you into their shops, we didn't we thought it was good business,look in their shops, you DON'T have to buy.
Overall a fantastic holiday, fantastic hotel, Cairo was ugly, scruffy in places but then again it was also beautiful, fast and furious in others. Would definitely return to Egypt but next time I want to visit Luxor to see the Valley of the Kings etc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a five-star, all-inclusive resort in Egypt’s flourishing Madinat Makadi area, Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort truly is a holiday oasis of comfort and tranquility. Guests enjoy access to a private beach, bathe in the Red Sea and can arrange exciting activities including scuba diving and windsurfing. It’s even possible to organize excursions into the desert and mountain, home to Bedouin villages, oases and ancient ruins. Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort is the single largest resort in the Madinat Makadi complex, but it still provides personalized service for guests. This is due, in part, to the breadth of facilities available across the complex, allowing individual resorts to focus more on their guests and less on the upkeep of a single, all-inclusive resort property. The result is an intimate and luxurious holiday underpinned by a vast collection of facilities and services. Exceptional facilities are a shining example of what the Madinat Makadi resort complex does right. Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort offers a host of facilities, including 24-hour front desk services, unlimited internet access during the stay in public areas, laundry service and a shuttle bus to and from Hurghada city centre both at an extra charge. There are gift and souvenir shops located right on hotel grounds, with more in the surrounding area. Families with children will find plenty to excite children, including the action-packed Kids’ Club. Finally, the leisure facilities at Madinat Makadi are second to none, with a wide range of land- and water-based sports catered for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jaz Makadi Oasis Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Makadi Oasis & Family Hotel Makadi Bay
- Iberotel Makadi Oasis And Family Resort
- Iberotel Makadi Oasis Family Resort