2,840 results
All reviewssunflower restaurantwater parkquiet poola la carte restaurantscabaret barjaz makadianimation teampool barbuffet restaurantgreat holidaycouldn't do enoughreception staffkids clubfishthomson repspecial thanksice cream
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday at the Makadi Saraya resort. Got to admit we were a bit concerned having read the negative reviews that had appeared in the weeks prior to our arrival however our experience at this hotel/resort was fantastic.

Every aspect of the hotel gets full marks. Cleanliness, food, entertainment, service, staff etc are all first class.

On matter of food I wonder when I read Brits moaning about the type of dishes served here whether they think they are travelling to Blackpool rather than Egypt. Also given that there are a lot of Russians, Germans and a few other European nationalities, why do they expect the hotel to serve up a menu of pie & mash or fish & chips every night? Overall the choice and quality of food was very good and especially in the al la carte restauants which I highly recommend.

The next aspect of our stay which made it memorable was the staff. From the moment we arrived to our departure we were looked after by a team who truly know how to make you feel welcome. Every waiter, barperson, and animation team member did all they could to look after us and ensure we were happy...plus we had the added excitement each day of guessing what 'masterpiece' the room attendant was going to create with our towels!

Some staff deserve a special mention. Firstly, Max from the animation team who genuinely added to the 'fun' of it all (how much energy can one person have???). From the pool bar, Ahmed & Moustapha seemed to have an uncanny ability to turn up with a fresh drink just as the previous one had finished. Finally there is Remy who is one of the bar waiters in the entertainment area. Remy is one of the nicest and polite young men you could wish to meet and his continuous smile and willingness to look after his customers make him a credit to the hotel.

I can sincerely say that the hotel far exceeded my expectations and I am more than happy to recommend it.

6  Thank James U
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for choosing the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort to spend your holiday.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2012.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Returned from a week staying at the saraya with my family and mother in law. 7th - 14th sept. We were concerned before we left after reading some of the reviews. However we have had a fantastic week. All the staff work really hard and cant do enough for you. I couldn't even stir my coffee as it was done for me.

The rooms were very clean and spotless and really enjoyed seeing what animal the cleaner had made out of the towels. We were on the 1st floor and had a lovely view of the pool.

The food was excellent. I really enjoyed the choice at breakfast, there was so much choice and plenty of it. Lunch we usually ate at the pool side bar which was excellent. The staff were always on hand if you needed a drink, mine never seemed to be empty.
Evening meal was usually a theme to it and again I had no problems with the food. I have two fussy kids and even they ate well . Nothing was too much trouble, the waiters especially Sheba, Ali, and Hassan were excellent and always with a smile.If you didnt want to eat in the onsite restaurant you could eat in the a la carte restaurants.

We went to the water park a couple of times which is off site. Had a really good time but have some concerns about safety on the slides. On one of the slides , my son and myself off the tyre but did get down eventually , however my son and my husband went and did the same slide and came out in exactly the same spot. There was one staff at the bottom to signal up to the top to inform the staff that they had got down and instead, my husband was then hit by another person whom had come on down they slide , sending my husband and son flying , she carried on dow the slide , once my husband and son sorted themselves out they were hit again by another person and again sent flying. My son at this point had hurt his arm . My husband tried to signal to staff but no one was available. They eventually came down the ride. We went back to the hotel as we felt it was too dangerous.

We went on two trips organised my first choice and they were excellent. One trip to star gaze and another snorkelling.

As a family no one suffered from any upset stomachs or aliments.

So from myself and my family we would like to say a big thankyou for making our holiday so memorable and would certainly be revisiting. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Thepuks
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Spent a week at the Saraya resort from 7-14 September.

The weather was perfect, 37 degrees every day and not a cloud in the sky.

The food was good, breakfast and lunch better than dinner but with the range of a la carte restaurants on the resort you can always find something you like. El Nino's, in particular, was lovely.

The English population were in the minority at this resort but this was not an issue, for me. Some negative experiences with Russians but had more time for some of the other Europeans than I did for the Brits.

The water park was great. It is a little further inland so it is very hot. I would advise taking suitable footwear to wear on the slides as the stairs become unbearably hot.

The rooms were spacious and cleaned daily.

The service from the staff themselves was fantastic. They couldn't do enough to ensure you enjoyed your stay.

In essence, you will enjoy your stay, you'll have beautiful weather and a good all-round experience of Egypt. I went away worried about the negative reviews and anticipating an illness but this wasn't the case at all. You just can't please some people!

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st/2nd floor have nice view over the pool
4  Thank SouthernBoy11

Reviewed 17 September 2012

returned from the sarayah on the 15th of sept 2012
i have just been reading the reviews on this hotel and please ignor the review from steven w . and firstly yes i do frequent 5 star resorts .. right yes you are right this is not a 5 star resort but a good 4 star it is set in a huge complex as for the food it is so hard to please everyones tastes .they really try their hardest to satisfy all who stay there and with so many different restaurants there it is so easy to find one that suits you , we used all the restaurants there and the food was really good especially the chinese mmm that was good . the rooms were very comfortable and kept very clean and as for the pool bar staff especially young mohammed and his team you never wanted for anything ,in that heat they never stop working to keep your glass full and with a great smile while doing it. if i had a negative view it would be the hotel does itself no favours by having the shops on site as they never give you any peace and we found ourself going out of our way to avoid them .I would definately go there again THANKS SORAYA.

Room Tip: we were in room 6112 ground floor and it opened out onto the large pool...... great
6  Thank 13hg
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I am not one to write reviews, but quite frankly, I felt so strongly the need to write one to encourage people to come to this hotel - I was shocked after coming home to read some of the harsh reviews below. Do not pay attention to the people making small, ludicrous criticisms. The Saraya hotel is paradise.

My Fiance and I have just returned from a week at the Saraya and had the most amazing time.
If you are looking for sunshine, relaxation, beautiful pools, an available array of excursions, entertainment, a fantastic waterpark and, most of all, the most welcoming and friendly staff I have encountered on any holiday - then this is the place for you.

I don't know where to begin with my compliments for the staff from this hotel. From management, receptionists, waiters, cleaners, bar staff and gardeners!!! We had fun, friendly exchanges with all of the team and our every need was always seen to quickly and efficiently - never in expectation of a tip. They simply aimed to please, and they went above and beyond this.

When we first arrived at the hotel, the reception had been informed that we had recently got engaged - we were upgraded to a beautiful, top floor, pool view suite and treated like royalty!! The reception were always on hand for any queries or help needed, not 'inconsistent' as previously claimed, and were always more than happy to be of service.

We never went without a drink in hand, in fact, we had freshly made drinks brought over to us as we were finishing our last sips of the previous one! The pool staff were fabulous and very attentive, same as the evening waiters and the bar staff. Do make sure you visit the shisha bar - it has a great atmosphere and the animation team always did a great job at getting everyone involved in the evening entertainment.

As for people complaining about the ratio of British guests to Russians/Germans, we did not feel that this affected our holiday in the slightest. In fact, we welcomed this, who wants to go on a Brits abroad holiday afterall?

The food was good, there was a full variety to choose from and we never went hungry!! The best thing was the fresh bread - I would recommend the pita bread with some tahini sauce. Scrumptious.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would encourage anyone considering this hotel to look at the OVERALL rating for the hotel based collectively on ALL reviews - this is much more reflective of the service and holiday you will experience than the people giving it a '1/5', which is completely absurd.

Thank you to the Saraya hotel and their team for a memorable holiday.

Room Tip: We were in room 5216 - a beautiful, top floor suite overlooking the pool
5  Thank Laura C