“A very nice resort with lots of possibilities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Trondheim, Norway
“A very nice resort with lots of possibilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

Saraya is one of many hotels in the Makadi Bay resort. We were eight people going (my parents in a regular apartment, and me, my wife, two kids and in laws in a big three room apartment. The apartments were all together very nice and clean. They all had a kitchen with refrigerator. One bad thing was that we could not get thinner pillows when we wanted it.

There are five pools in Saraya, two warmer, one colder and two child pools. The pools are nice and that is important since Saraya not is located directly on the beach, so you have to walk about seven minutes to get to the beach. The beach is nice and there is a good variety of boat tours activities.

The restaurant is good, I am not super experienced with all inclusive but I imagine that they all are about the same. The food could do with a little bit more seasoning. Nevertheless, there is plenty to choose from an usually there is something good every meal. Don't forget to use the seasonings they have in the restaurant if you are not satisfied. Our stomachs did quite good the whole week, we ate "good bacteria pills" and had at the most somewhat speedier stomachs.

The best for the last. A few kilometers away from the hotel they have the best water park I have ever been in. It is even better if you are a grown up than a kid. Some of the attractions really had my adrenalin pump. A must do if you are in the area. There are shuttles that leave every 15 minutes to the water park and a walk home is really nice (it is still within the gated resort).

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 11 February 2013

Thank you for choosing the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort for your vacation.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your valuable and critical feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2013.

Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel and for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

We travelled as a single parent family with my two teenagers. We had a fabulous time and although the English are a minority here with a large Russian/German guest population the English all come together. We met some great friends!

Our room was lovely and spacious, clean and comfortable, it was cleaned daily and we always had a different 'towel' character to come back too!!

The food to some was a problem, although we always found something to mix and match but 'when in Rome...' Having said that a new head chef was recruited on our second week and he was extremely accommodating and welcomed guests feedback/requests. The lunch menu's at the pool bars are great and the other restaurants were made all inclusive during our stay too so this defiantly improved the situation and food options. It was on the up.

The staff are faultless and definitely always get service with a smile from them all, they work really hard to please. We stayed during Ramadan so considering the heat and lack of food/water they were fantastic!

The water park is an easy 5 min shuttle bus ride up the road and is fantastic, we spent most days here as it seems to be slightly cooler and more bearable. The soaring heat (108 by 8.30am!!) and being in and out the water ( constant changes in body temp) can make you feel bit unwell, however visit the Pharmacist on site and he will sort you out.the food at re water park is much the same as the hotel lunch menus.

The First Choice rep Hannah was on hand for advice. Our trips included a boat trip including snorkelling,star gazing trip to the desert with the Beduins, a trip to the Red Sea to swim with the dolphins in their natural habitat..all amazing!

Overall...we had a fantastic holiday in Egypt!!

Enjoy

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 2 February 2013

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Well - If I am to summarize my 4 days stay @ Saraya Resort, I would say one thing : "FANTABULOUS" .. It was one of the most amazing, relaxing, enjoyable, fun, calm, cool, funny, chilling & "warm" vacations I have ever had in my life .. Let me please break it down into phrases as follows:

STAFF: The most professional ones I have ever met before and the key word for that is :"Smile always" .. You will never see a frown on any face there .. Always always always "helpful" and extremely friendly with Kids .. I would like to thank you people for everything you did to us during our stay. Very special Thanks to Mr. George the main restaurant manager/ Sayed and Issaac from the restaurant / Mr. Mostafa & Mr. Boules @ the Reception Area :))

CLEANLINESS: Neat rooms, pool, pool area, kids club, restaurants, ...etc

POOLS: heated perfectly, clean to an extreme, spacious so that you will never feel it is crowded.

ROOMS: just perfect - Clean - You have everything inside :)

FOOD: lot of variety and very tasty.

DRINKS: If you are on the All Inclusive package, just name the drink you want and you shall get it in no time (ALL are amazing).

For those who have kids, I can tell you that my son who is 7 years old was crying on our way back to Cairo because he will miss his "Friends" over there and that they are very close now to his heart same as his school friends :)

Saraya Resort - A place you MUST visit very soon ..

4 Thank Hebaammar
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 25 January 2013

Thank you for choosing the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort for your vacation.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel and surroundings was very nice, the hotel personnel was very friendly and helpful. We also had a lot of fun with Joe and his animation team. The food was also good at the various restaurants located right by the hotel. We are looking forward to come back there for our next holidays.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julien B

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my girlfriend and thoroughly enjoyed a nice relaxing stay. The weather was spot on, hotel was clean and the staff worked hard to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one. I would recommend eating in the a la carte restaurants as the food was far superior to the buffet restaurants, they were free on our all inclusive booking and you would be mad not to try them. The free water park was a good laugh with plenty of slides to keep you entertained for the best part of the day. I'd definitely consider going back here and that's from somebody who didn't want to go to Egypt in the first place!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Dazzle1980

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We were in this hotel on January 2013. It was our second time. Everything was like were have had last year. Hotel is very clean and the employees are friendly (I really mean it). We had all inclusive packet and I recommend it. You can have food, snacks and drinks everywhere and all the time. Food is good and we ate everything: salads, mayonnaise sauces and we didn't have any problems. There is an amazing coral area just left outside from Sarayas beach. It is worth to see. I think that it is very good idea to have two pool areas. The other one is "quiet area". There you can relax without noise and the other pool is good for children where they can play and have fun. I hope that me and my family will have possibility to have vacation there next year again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vein R
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 22 January 2013

Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Just returned from the Saraya and would just like to pass my thoughts on in the hope of helping others.
STAFF : Well how long do you want ? In all my travels i can compare them to no body they were that good. Everyone was welcoming and they showed that a smile costs nothing but can make your day. Everyone of the Saraya team made it their business to make sure we as guests made our stay as relaxing and care free as anybody could need. The service was quick at each and every bar, the rooms cleaned quickly and thoroughly, reception was always available with a friendly smile and a quick response to every situation we asked of them, Animation worked tirelessly to provide you entertainment and fun things to do all in all a very big thank you from us.
ROOMS : The rooms are large and equipped with everything that we needed for our holiday, clean and somewhere that we could sit and reflect on our day. The beds were good for a good nights sleep and extra pillows etc were just a quick word with your assigned cleaner and pop they appeared.
POOLS : Large and always clean, heated due to time of year and though i did not partake in the water the people I spoke to said it was warm. Sunbeds always available towels provided that were big enough to cover the sunbed what more do you need ?
FOOD : The main restaurant (Sunflower) provided a good range of international food for everyone be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. Chefs happy to cook specific things to your requirements, all you need to do is ask and they will happily do it for you. Luckily we had 4 A la carte restaurants to choose from and of course indulged in the whole experience, be prepared to have your taste senses tested, we did and can happily say we loved it. Pool side lunch restaurant was a great way to have your lunch and a small but ample menu just hit the right spot for lunch.
DRINK : Plenty of local spirits to go at, the local beers were refreshing and could not be faulted, cocktails in abundance and we lost count of how many different ones they did, plus again if you fancy something not on their list just ask politely and you received (if it was possible).
BEACH : The beach though a short walk away was what you expect of a beach, sunbeds, wind jammers, bar, snack bar and activities what more could you ask for ?

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Jaz Aquamarine
#33 of 229 in Hurghada
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,277 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Makadi Bay

Been to Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort? Share your experiences!