“Fabulous hotel and home from home”

Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We have just returned from our 5th stay at this hotel, and the welcome we received was second to none it was truly amazing from everyone. As we walked round the resort everyone remembered us from previous visits and stopped to speak (this was truly amazing when you think how many visitors they have) It was my husbands birthday while we were there and he received not one but 2 delicious cakes ( thank you very much) and all staff singing happy birthday. I really cannot understand why more British people don't visit here, it truly is an amazing hotel

Rooms are excellent as is the housekeeping, gardens and outside areas clean and so tidy, swimming pool areas are frequently cleaned and checked with a quiet pool if you don't like the activities and music, great selection of food with the chef's happy to cook alternatives if you cannot find something you like which I doubt, and last but no means least the wonderful staff who will go the extra mile for you.

Special thanks to Mr Mahmoud, Mr El Taybe, Mr Bahir front office, Nicole and Anastasia from guest relations, and Farahat and Moustafa from the lobby bar, Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Thank you for choosing the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort for your vacation.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your valuable and critical feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2013.

Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel and for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,290)

Reviewed 8 February 2013

In Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort we got good service, nice and big room with everyday cleaning and professional, friendly and helpful staff. In hotel all was fine and everything went as it should. Madinat Makadi hotelarea is isolated area with no local people living there. There isn´t much traffic and you can relax at the beach or by pool, get cold drinks and tanning sun. If you have children, they are gonna love warm pool with much activities.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marcus K
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Saraya is one of many hotels in the Makadi Bay resort. We were eight people going (my parents in a regular apartment, and me, my wife, two kids and in laws in a big three room apartment. The apartments were all together very nice and clean. They all had a kitchen with refrigerator. One bad thing was that we could not get thinner pillows when we wanted it.

There are five pools in Saraya, two warmer, one colder and two child pools. The pools are nice and that is important since Saraya not is located directly on the beach, so you have to walk about seven minutes to get to the beach. The beach is nice and there is a good variety of boat tours activities.

The restaurant is good, I am not super experienced with all inclusive but I imagine that they all are about the same. The food could do with a little bit more seasoning. Nevertheless, there is plenty to choose from an usually there is something good every meal. Don't forget to use the seasonings they have in the restaurant if you are not satisfied. Our stomachs did quite good the whole week, we ate "good bacteria pills" and had at the most somewhat speedier stomachs.

The best for the last. A few kilometers away from the hotel they have the best water park I have ever been in. It is even better if you are a grown up than a kid. Some of the attractions really had my adrenalin pump. A must do if you are in the area. There are shuttles that leave every 15 minutes to the water park and a walk home is really nice (it is still within the gated resort).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

We travelled as a single parent family with my two teenagers. We had a fabulous time and although the English are a minority here with a large Russian/German guest population the English all come together. We met some great friends!

Our room was lovely and spacious, clean and comfortable, it was cleaned daily and we always had a different 'towel' character to come back too!!

The food to some was a problem, although we always found something to mix and match but 'when in Rome...' Having said that a new head chef was recruited on our second week and he was extremely accommodating and welcomed guests feedback/requests. The lunch menu's at the pool bars are great and the other restaurants were made all inclusive during our stay too so this defiantly improved the situation and food options. It was on the up.

The staff are faultless and definitely always get service with a smile from them all, they work really hard to please. We stayed during Ramadan so considering the heat and lack of food/water they were fantastic!

The water park is an easy 5 min shuttle bus ride up the road and is fantastic, we spent most days here as it seems to be slightly cooler and more bearable. The soaring heat (108 by 8.30am!!) and being in and out the water ( constant changes in body temp) can make you feel bit unwell, however visit the Pharmacist on site and he will sort you out.the food at re water park is much the same as the hotel lunch menus.

The First Choice rep Hannah was on hand for advice. Our trips included a boat trip including snorkelling,star gazing trip to the desert with the Beduins, a trip to the Red Sea to swim with the dolphins in their natural habitat..all amazing!

Overall...we had a fantastic holiday in Egypt!!

Enjoy

• Stayed: July 2012
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Well - If I am to summarize my 4 days stay @ Saraya Resort, I would say one thing : "FANTABULOUS" .. It was one of the most amazing, relaxing, enjoyable, fun, calm, cool, funny, chilling & "warm" vacations I have ever had in my life .. Let me please break it down into phrases as follows:

STAFF: The most professional ones I have ever met before and the key word for that is :"Smile always" .. You will never see a frown on any face there .. Always always always "helpful" and extremely friendly with Kids .. I would like to thank you people for everything you did to us during our stay. Very special Thanks to Mr. George the main restaurant manager/ Sayed and Issaac from the restaurant / Mr. Mostafa & Mr. Boules @ the Reception Area :))

CLEANLINESS: Neat rooms, pool, pool area, kids club, restaurants, ...etc

POOLS: heated perfectly, clean to an extreme, spacious so that you will never feel it is crowded.

ROOMS: just perfect - Clean - You have everything inside :)

FOOD: lot of variety and very tasty.

DRINKS: If you are on the All Inclusive package, just name the drink you want and you shall get it in no time (ALL are amazing).

For those who have kids, I can tell you that my son who is 7 years old was crying on our way back to Cairo because he will miss his "Friends" over there and that they are very close now to his heart same as his school friends :)

Saraya Resort - A place you MUST visit very soon ..

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Hebaammar
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for choosing the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort for your vacation.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel and surroundings was very nice, the hotel personnel was very friendly and helpful. We also had a lot of fun with Joe and his animation team. The food was also good at the various restaurants located right by the hotel. We are looking forward to come back there for our next holidays.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julien B

Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my girlfriend and thoroughly enjoyed a nice relaxing stay. The weather was spot on, hotel was clean and the staff worked hard to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one. I would recommend eating in the a la carte restaurants as the food was far superior to the buffet restaurants, they were free on our all inclusive booking and you would be mad not to try them. The free water park was a good laugh with plenty of slides to keep you entertained for the best part of the day. I'd definitely consider going back here and that's from somebody who didn't want to go to Egypt in the first place!

• Stayed: November 2012

SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
#2 of 222 in Hurghada

Been to Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort? Share your experiences!