“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed in may 38c so great weather This hotel is lovely - food good rooms clean great service - as good as many 5x hotels I've stayed in Dubai - great value perfect - I've stayed in the grand hotel and the Hilton in sharm this year and this hotel was far better - make sure you feed the camel on the beach he loves crisp banana apples cakes - well just about any thing

Room Tip: Tip a waiter and they will look after you all night
1 Thank Robert K
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Dear Guests,

My team and I would like to thank you for your critical and motivating comments received in TripAdvisor which had a great positive influence for us to work harder and to continuously improve the service we are offering to you.

We are very pleased that you had spent a nice and relaxing holiday in the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.
It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel.

Our efforts have resulted in being awarded by TUI Umwelt Champion 2010, 2011, TUI Eco Resort 2009-2010-2011, Hygiene Silver Award, ISO-14001-Awards for 2009 till 2012, Holiday Check Award 2006-2010, Green Star Hotel Award and Tripadvisor Best Family Resort. We understand this recognition as a commitment to further improve our services in 2013.

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in your Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

Klaus Reinwand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Spilsby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Please don't let the 4* plus put you off booking this hotel. This was our 4th holiday in Egypt but our 1st in Makadi Bay and I honestly would not go anywhere else again. The staff are absolutely wonderful and genuinely care that you are having a wonderful holiday. We had a family crisis at home in England that started on the day we arrived. I was going to immediately get a flight back and the staff went out of their way to try and sort it for me. My daughter however begged me not to return as it would not have changed the outcome so I reluctantly stayed put. All the staff that were aware went out of their way to make me feel better. It was just small things like a little touch on my shoulder, everytime, from our waiter in the restaurant. There was a good variety of fresh food everyday so there was always something you could find to eat that you liked and the free use of the exceptional al-a-carte restaurants (for Thomson guests only) turned your evening meal from buffet to fine dining adding an extra special touch to the holiday. The rooms are spotless, some show a little wear and tear but any issues were sorted out almost immediately.
There are two pools and 1 is a relax pool so is peaceful and hassle free. My only suggestion would be that the hotel could consider making the relax pool have an age limit such as 12yrs and upwards as small children on holiday can be very noisey when they are having fun. So if that would concern you then you may wish to book an adult only hotel.
The private section of the shared beach is a 5 min walk away and we only went once as was very crowded but as the hotel was so nice it wasn't an issue.
I honestly can't rate this hotel highly enough and considering I have been going away at least twice a year for the past 8 yrs there are lots of hotels I have visited.
Lisa Payne & Andrew johnson

Room Tip: The suites are exceptional value for money but all rooms are large and nicely laid out. if you like...
Dear Guests,

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel.

london
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Just got back from 10 days at the saraya resort. Stayed as a family with my partner and his 12 year old daughter.

Rooms were huge, had a kitchen, living room, bedroom and a separate area for children to sleep. We were next to the pool which was great.

The resort itself is also big, there was 2 buffet restaurants, 4 a la carte and 6 bars. Travelling with first choice you could eat in the a la cartes as many times as you wanted. There were quite a few shops on site, a supermarket, pharmacy lots of little tourist shops, plus there is HSBC located close by

Staff were great from reception, cleaners, bar staff and animation team. They all worked really hard. There were tip boxes, but none of the staff expected tips.

We did 2 trips with Thomson, the snorkelling trip which was amazing, and also Hurghuda by night. This was ok, there were 3 stops, one a shop for 30 mins, 2nd the main street for an hour. As soon as you got out the coach you were hasseled, the 3rd stop was the marina which was really nice. If there is more than 3/4 people it would be better to get a taxi.

We also visited the aqua park which was part of the all inclusive package. There is a mini bus every 15 minutes. All drinks and food are included. The two times we went it was empty so we managed to go on all the slides.

All in all it was a great holiday, and it is somewhere I would probably go again (I have never visited the same place twice!). Around the grounds there are plants with plaques which people get when they have visited 5 times and also benches. Whilst we were there one lady had said she had been to the hotel 16 times, so it gets a lot of repeat customers.

If you are thinking of booking don't hesitate to do it, you wont be disappointed

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank frankie23London
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear Guests,

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel, especially to our colleagues from the reception, to the cleaners, the bar staff and to our animation team.

manchester,england
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the makadi saraya for one week from 29th April to 6th May. We were given a huge suite which was in block 3, so close to everything. Check in is very easy due to the professionalism of the staff. The service we received from all the staff all week was fantastic. Everyone is so friendly, from the cleaners to the reception staff. A special mention has to go to Ahmed, our waiter in the sunflower restaurant. He looked after us so well, reserving a table for us each morning and bringing me a hot lemon and honey drink as I had the sniffles.All without being asked. He is a true gent! The four a la carte restaurants are lovely and the food is really really good in these.As a guest of first choice/thomson these are free to eat and drink in. The sofra egyptian restaurant was our personal favourite. The two pools are lovely and clean with plenty of sunbeds to go around and again amazing service from the waiters here. We chose the quieter pool to relax around which suited us better. A ten minute walk through another hotels grounds brings you to the beach. We only went on one day but found it perfectly adequate with all inclusive food and drinks here as well. Another mention to mohamed, the Thomson rep. He goes out of his way to make sure you get the best out of your holiday. Definitely returning next year and hopefully meet up with the lovely couple we met whilst there. Hi, Lisa and andy! Book the saraya, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank bluejay1967
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Guests,

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel, especially to the colleagues of the reception, to our room cleaning staff, to Ahmed, the waiter in the Sunflower restaurant, the waiters at the pools and of course to Mohamed, the rep. of Thomson UK.

Tring, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Just returned from a week at this hotel and i don't have a bad word or negative comment to make about it. Beautiful, well maintained grounds, fabulous cocktails, very high standard of food, particularly Nino's restaurant. The staff were always very happy, friendly and helpful, and the rooms kept very clean and well stocked mini fridge.
Would be an ideal holiday destination for families as the childrens entertainment was very good and there was always some kind of entertainment for them provided.
The highlight of my holiday was Cassanova, the very friendly camel on the beach who was spoilt with fruit by my partner on a daily basis.
Would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return very soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Guests,

My team and I would like to thank you for your motivating comments received in TripAdvisor which had a great positive influence for us to work harder and to continuously improve the service we are offering to you.

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel, especially to the waiters in Nino's, the housekeepers and the animation team who was caring about the entertainment.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks over Easter 2013 and hard to see how holiday could have been better. Some fantastic friendly staff. The bar man (at the lively pool bar) called mohammed was a legend. Does a trick with a glass as he's serving you, pretends to drop it, got me every time, a true gent. The kids loved him and called him Mo Mo (even the 14 year old) and he knew them all by name. Ice cream for the kids most of the day went down very well. The waiters round the pool were great as well, could hardly keep up with the drinks they were bringing!

One of the waiters (Sheba) in the smaller onsite restaurant adopted us and as soon as he saw us enter for breakfast, lunch or evening meal welcomed us, ushered us to a table and was pouring coffee and tea as soon as cups were near empty, great guy (and what a hard worker like most of the staff)

We met the cleaner for our room 1st day (another Monhammed) when we hit a dead end he showed us how to get to where we were heading. He did the most fantastic towel art, really creative and was wonderfully friendly and attentive

The animation team were good too, plenty of football, darts and table tennis, they really tried to get everyone involved and also the people on the front desk, very helpful

In the on site buffet restaurant the choice of food is very good. The pasta chef's will cook something up to your taste (spicey for me) and it is some of the best pasta I've had for years, better than most restaurants in England easy. The egg chef cooks great omlettes to your taste as well at breakfast

The thing with the Egyptian staff is treat them with some respect and they bend over backwards to make your stay special. It's a shame some guests think the staff are there to be barked at

The room was great, junior suite for 5, but we were only there to sleep

Grounds were very well maintained, pools lovely, there is a lively and quiet pool and one for small children and you get free access to the local water park which is great, hundreds of slides, kids loved it (range from 7 to 14) and so did I

As well as 2 on site buffet restaurants (very nice) and a casual a la carte pool restaurant for lunch there are 3 a la carte restaurants (all included in all inclusive for Thomas Cook travellers). My favourite was the Egyptian/ Oriental Restaurant. The Chinese and Italian were fine but (in my opinion) no better than the buffet restaurants

We went on a boat trip and the snorkelling is fantastic, incredible diversity of fish and marine life. There is a small coral reef just off the local beach which also has good marine life and is very accessible. Took a bana boat ride off the beac as well, very nice

All in all, very difficult to fault. Freshly squeed Orange Juice at breakfast would be my only tip for improvement along with boosting the wi fi point - but definitely 5 out of 5.

We will be back

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guests,

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel, especially to the bar man Mohamed at the pool bar and the waiting staff at the pool bar, to the waiter Sheba, to the room cleaner Mohamed and to the animation team.

Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I travelled here with my 13 year old daughter for a relaxing week in the sun, and thats exactly what we got.
The hotel is lovely, immaculate grounds, very spacious rooms and most importantly great service from every single member of staff.
The rooms are cleaned everyday to a very high standard and every day you get a lovely new towel art design left for you - a nice touch that made my daughter very happy.
The pool areas are spotless, plenty of sunloungers and towels are provided also. There are 2 pool areas - one lively and where the animation team entertain, the other is a quieter area and labelled the relaxation zone. We based ourselves in the lively section because there is a heated pool there. Even though it is labelled the lively area, it was still very relaxing because the animation team were not in your face the whole time. A nice touch around the pool is the waiter who comes round to bring you drinks - great service!
The food is served buffet style, and was great - only a minor comment, it would have been nice if the labelling was clearer. We are vegetarian and although there were bean casseroles, lentil stews etc we werent sure if they were vegetarian so couldnt try them. The staff were always very helpful when approached but it would have been nice if we could have just chosen without having to get help every time. In the end we mostly ate salads which were fresh, plentiful and lovely. The waiting staff in both buffet resturants were excellent - very genuine and it was refreshing that they werent just doing it for tips. There are tip boxes placed around the hotel, but at no time did we feel obligated or pressed into tipping.

We spent most evenings in the lobby bar, which is near reception. Beautiful colonial style decor and a very relaxing place to hang out. A special mention to the three guys that serve in there - they were brilliant (and I am sorry that I cant remember their names), they made my daughter very happy with their amazing mocktails and supplies of crisps!!

We highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Guests,

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel, especially to the room cleaning service, to our chefs, to the waiting staff of the restaurants and to the colleagues working in the lobby bar.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Makadi Bay
Jaz Aquamarine
Jaz Aquamarine
#36 of 222 in Hurghada
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Makadi Bay

Been to Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort? Share your experiences!