“Wonderful staff, fab holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort

Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Makadi Bay
“Wonderful staff, fab holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from this lovely hotel where the staff are just so lovely, Muhammad in reception was so lovely and always pleased to see us and Muhammad the main head chief was so lovely I've never met a chief who was so excited about his food he would cook anything you wanted. We were a party of 10 and on our last day we requested a chilli for lunch in which he then bought us out all freshly cooked and made us feel like we were the only ones around!! The hotel is so lovely and defiantly has the family feel to it even tho it's not a family run hotel. The water park was amazing and everywhere was so clean. My only grumble about this place which is defiantly not the hotels fault but first choices fault is because of all the problems in Egypt then there were not tourists so there was hardly any guests which ment there was no shops open at all and to go 2 the shopping mall ment an expensive £65 taxi ride! Like I say hotel wonderful but first choice awful.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Jayja
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Guests,

My team and I would like to thank you for your critical and motivating comments received in TripAdvisor which had a great positive influence for us to work harder and to continuously improve the service we are offering to you.

We are very pleased that you had spent a nice and relaxing holiday in the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel.

Our efforts have resulted in being awarded by TUI Umwelt Champion 2010, 2011, TUI Eco Resort 2009-2010-2011, Hygiene Silver Award, ISO-14001-Awards for 2009 till 2012, Holiday Check Award 2006-2010, Green Star Hotel Award and Tripadvisor Best Family Resort. We understand this recognition as a commitment to further improve our services in 2013.

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in your Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

Klaus Reinwand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had a lovely holiday. I booked the online all inclusive package for 3 nights. I was upgraded upon arrival to a suite overlooking the pool for free. The staff are just amazing (all of them really). They never cease to smile nor help you whenever they can. It seems they are content and happy with their jobs! it shows!. I had locked myself outside the room one time with the keys inside. The guy responsible for keeping the rooms had to literally jump over the balcony rails to open the room. The food and drinks were plenty and with a marvelous variety of selection. They had bars serving all kinds of drinks, snacks & ice-cream everywhere. The beach is 10 mins away by foot and is very nice. There is also a night show held daily from 8-11 p.m. The check-in and check-out processes were very smooth and informative. I would definitely go back again whenever I'm next in Hurghada.

Room Tip: by the pool and on a higher floor
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 25 September 2013

Giza, Al Jizah, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

all i can say that this hotel is wonderful , nothing was not excellent
the food is very delicious, high quality and a lot of varieties , drinks was high quality
the staff are smiley persons , you feel that they want to do anything to make you happy during your stay
from the reception , he do not let you stand for waiting , but you have a sit and he come to you to apply for check in
the chefs are very lovely person , you feel in their talk that they like what they do and hope to see you like it ( it is wonderful thing to eat food cooked by people love to cook it)
the animation was great ,( jay , momo , sandra ,....... we liked all the people there - the bingo play , the mini disco for the kids and night show
we need to thank sandra for the kids club , holly and pretty ( my kids) liked it so so much , it was not just babysitting or a place to leave the kids , it was a place to make new activities like planting , drawing , sand building , my kids will not let me go to any other hotel after that
there was a very huge aqua park which is a perfect one for kids and for adults
the beach was good and you can swim in it

1 Thank Samer T

Turku, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Makadi Saraya Suites is a huge complex built in the desert consisting of several buildings surrounding 2 large pool areas. The beach is just a short walk away (approximately 700 m). We stayed in a spacious family apartment with 3 rooms and a small kitchen. The service was excellent and didn't leave anything further to wish. The resort was very well maintained and clean.

All inclusive is almost a must in a place like this. The food was good but after a week you are already longing for something else. Even though there is a new theme every night (Pharaos dinner, Italian, Sea food etc) this is in fact only visible in the decoration of the dining room and the dresses of the waiters.

The water park is a short drive away and free shuttle service is provided. There is no entrance fee to the water park for resort guests and the all inclusive package includes also refreshments at the water park. Well organised snorkelling tours are offered for reasonable prices.

This place is a good option if you just want to lay back and enjoy the burning sun but don't expect to learn anything about Egypt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Its my third time to madinat makadi, this time we chose to stay at makadi saraya.. I was travelling with my whole family and we did really enjoy our staying there.. specially the kids enjoyed the aqua park alot, the covered kids pool , the kids club and mini disco (special thanks to Sandra and Magic)
- the food was so delicious
- the staff were friendly
- the pools were clean
everything was just perfect to have a good time

2 Thank Mona R

Faversham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

By the time this review goes live I expect things in the political arena would have changed but before I review the hotel I just want to assure anyone concerned about travelling to the Hurghada area that they shouldn't worry. Egypt's tourism has been hit hard as you can imagine. This really has been a knee jerk reaction and has of course had a knock-on effect on Egyptians trying to make a living. We experienced no issues, and some would have you believe the press have somewhat exaggerated what is happening in Egypt.

Anyway, I'm no political animal so on to my review of the hotel:
In a word, perfect. This is our second trip to the Makadi Saraya having first visited in 2009. We spent a week here in September and the service, friendliness and attention we received hasn't changed at all. The staff are lovely and can't do enough for you. Of course things were slightly different as a few countries had stopped their people travelling to Egypt so the hotel was incredibly quiet. In fact there were only a few British and a couple of Ukranians when we were there. This was great for us as we like things quiet but not so good for the hotel. I did hear some Brits complaining that their second week "wasn't as good service as the first week". Clearly these fools had no consideration for the fact that the hotel had to lay staff off due to lack of guests. Thus some staff had lost their jobs. It's really no hassle to walk 5 yards to the bar to get your own drink!

The food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was good and plentiful in the Sunflower restaurant which is the usual serve yourself buffet type fare. On this trip we were allowed to use the al-a-carte restaurants with no extra charge. The food was good here too, but each time we used these restaurants there seemed to be a great deal of confusion re our orders, be they drink or food. Order red wine, you get white, I ordered the apple crumble and got a chocolate cake. On querying this the waiter insisted it was indeed "apple crumble". Silly problems you just have to laugh at but these in no way diminished our positive experience.

The animation team were, to be honest, bloody awful :-) There was a kids "mini-disco" before the normal entertainment but reality was there wasn't much in the way of entertainment. Even when there was a guitarist or acrobat (swirling dervish dancer who was excellent) the animation chap couldn't resist shouting at everyone through the mic. Very off putting for the entertainer I would have thought.

We didn't use the water park so we can't comment on this. In fact, when we first arrived in 2009 we were told that was going to be built and we deliberately avoided the hotel as we believed the water park would be within the walls of the Saraya. If you too are unsure about coming to the Saraya you'll be pleased to know it's actually a 5 minute ride away so the holiday was a relaxing as before. If we'd realised this earlier we would have been back years ago.

We spent most of our time on the beach. Due to lack of guests we had our pick of the loungers. The waiter on the beach was great, very attentive but unfortunately I can't recall his name. Apologies to him.

As I have said all staff were very attentive. I won't do shout outs as ALL staff work incredibly hard to ensure you have a great holiday so I won't mention names. There's a tip box in reception with slots you can put money in. These are marked "beach staff", bar staff", "maintenence" etc. I really hope that in reality the box under the lid doesn't have compartments as the lid suggests. I suspect people will put a lot more money in the "bar staff" slot, than they would in the "maintenence" slot. It's important that not just the guest facing staff are recognised in this way.

Thank you to all at the Saraya. We will be back soon, I guarantee it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks in Aug this year. The weather for us was perfect, day temperatures was 40+ degrees but there was a lovely breeze and as its quite dry heat we were always comfortable.
We enjoyed the food. The buffet breakfast had lots of choice, I loved the egg station - great start to the day ! Lunch could be eaten at beach restaurant, buffet restaurants, snack menu at activity pool restaurant (incl burgers, hot dogs, pasta, chips etc) and waterpark. As First Choice customers you could eat in the a la carte restaurants as often as you liked (just need to book the day before), we enjoyed the food in all of them, especially the Chinese.
Loved the waterpark adults & children alike - food area good and very clean, definitely need beach shoes as the floor/steps to the slides get very hot!
Overall we loved it here, the hotel wasn't full which suited us perfectly - had the pick of sun beds at any time of day, no queues at the waterpark, no queues for bars, meals etc but enough people that there was good atmosphere in the hotel.
Staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful, hotel & rooms kept spotless.
Excursions were limited (due to unrest in other parts of Egypt) to boat trips, quad bikes, camel rides etc which was ok for us.
Tip for arrival into Hurghada airport, you need to buy a visa for $15, if you look to your left immediately you arrive into the airport terminal you will see bank cashiers where you can buy your visa for $15 (approx £11), or you will be guided by airport staff to buy visa at 'visa desk' for $18.
This was not out first trip to Egypt but first time to Hurghada area and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the area and especially this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013

Jaz Aquamarine
#33 of 228 in Hurghada
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,141 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Makadi Bay

Been to Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort? Share your experiences!