“Asst front office manager”

Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Mr. Mahmoud el hossiny is one of the most helpful person in the staff I appreciate his treatment for me and my family specially for me as he facilitate to me to reach my bus in the time.
Also when I advise him that my room is bad he take the necessary procedure to change the room and give me Onther room with upgrade class Accordingly thanks for him

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tamer_saleh
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guests,

My team and I would like to thank you for your critical and motivating comments received in TripAdvisor which had a great positive influence for us to work harder and to continuously improve the service we are offering to you.

We are very pleased that you had spent a nice and relaxing holiday in the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel.

Our efforts have resulted in being awarded by TUI Umwelt Champion 2010, 2011, TUI Eco Resort 2009-2010-2011, Hygiene Silver Award, ISO-14001-Awards for 2009 till 2012, Holiday Check Award 2006-2010, Green Star Hotel Award and Tripadvisor Best Family Resort. We understand this recognition as a commitment to further improve our services in 2013.

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in your Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

Klaus Reinwand

Write a ReviewReviews (2,345)

Reviewed 16 October 2013

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in, from the very first moment we got into the hotel, felt like a bad one, lobby is so small, receptionists are not friendly, they gave us very bad rooms till we made a big deal then they decided to give us better rooms, which also sucked, I would rate this hotel as a 4 stars hotel max.

Restaurants were awful, a lot of counters ran out of food with a lot of time for replinshment, food tasted very bad and all days had the same food, tables looked old and restaurant looked outdated.
Defintely not going to it again.

Rooms and food are the wrost of all.

Animation team is full of lame people who think they are funny.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Mhd_kady
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Mr. Mohamed El-Kady,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort to spend your holiday.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to deliver the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest.

I do apologize that we didn't accomplish this for you and we welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service.

Please contact me by e-mail klaus.reinwand@iberotelmakadisarayaresort.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the nearest future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Wow what a holiday. Travelled to this amazing hotel beginning of October. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel like royalty! All the staff are just lovely. Each and everyone of them go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and make your holiday extra special. Could not fault this hotel at all. Travelled with two children of 9 and 6 and there was plenty for them to do. The restaurants were lovely. Always lots of nice food to eat. Was fairly quiet but this made the holiday even more special. The rooms were so spacious and comfy. Everyday we returned back to our rooms to find a new design made on the beds out of the towels. These were fantastic and very creative. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody. Beach is across the road and waterpark just a short ride away. Anybody thinking of travelling to Hurgharda should definitely book with this hotel. Thanks for a lovely holiday!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jennifer b

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Very enjoyable stay, hotel was very quiet and seemed only about a quarter full due to many westeners being scared off by the troubles in cario etc.
We were upgraded to larger room then we booked which was very good of the hotel.several of the resturants were closed but the ones that were open were very good and the buffet had a good selection each day.
Staff were very friendly and helpful
We emailed the hotel before we went and the gave us 5 free trips to the al a carte resturants (usualy are around £15 per head each trip) Anastasia from guest relations sorted it all out for us-would recomend anyone due to go to email and see if they can get the same freebies.
There are some reviews about other hotels complaining about egyptian guests , there were egyption guests at the saraya but the were well behaved (better then many europeans and russian)
Many egyptian guests arrived as we were leaving and the hotel was beginning to fill up.most egyptian guests seem to only stay for 4 days and seem friendly.
Beach is fantastic , snorkelling the best weve had in all of egypt and weve tried most of the resorts
Reef can be accessed straight from the beach without the need of the getty , lots of fish, further reefs can be swum out to or you can take a pedlo out to get to them, a shortv
walk up the beach gives access to othe reefs too.
Would recomend the area and hotel and would go back

Room Tip: We had a free upgrade, might be worth emailing to ask if an upgrade is available
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank myholdayfun

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed as family with little children at Iberotel Makadi Saraya hotel from 13-Sep-2013 for 4 nights .. our stay there was memorable, everything was just perfect.
Starting from our check in .. with a very special thanks to Wessam our host from the reception, he was very kind and expedite our check in procedures .. we really appreciate his kindness and help during our stay there.
The rooms was clean and tidy and perfect for a family ... every day the room service surprises us with a new towel art which my daughters love it very much.
The all inclusive formula was good ... good food quality with reasonable variety every day (you will always find something delicious to eat) ... even the pool side snack was great ... the drinks and juices were at a reasonable quality. Thanks to the chefs and the kitchen staff for taking care of our food during our stay.
The pools was very clean and the Aqua Park was fabulous with a plenty of slides everywhere and for everybody.
A very big thanks to the animation team for the interesting program they arrange every night.
I would like to thank all the hotel staff for making our vacation unforgettable vacation.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet stay have a room looking over Ganzabil pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank blackberry279
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I've just returned from the best vacation ever,with my husband and two kids , the saraya resort is really the perfect place for a family every thing is at the highest level starting from staff whom were very professional and polite always offering help and trying to makes u comfort and happy.

I booked a superior room and upon check in which was real quick they upgraded me to a suite with mini kitchen it was spacious and spotless with a great oriental simple design.

the restaurants and bars are great the main all inclusive dinner is the sunflower restaurant the food there was incredible very tasty and the chef are always there for u tell u what r the menu for the day and asking if u have any comments and if u want something special for the other day, drinks were varied and very good too and the pool bar and tamerina bar at the looby have so many good drinks and fruit drinks cocktails with good quality not cheap ones like drinks served in other hotels.

pools very clean and the kids pool is covers with a shade to protect the kids from the hot sun , the pool bar offers snacks and ice cream.

the kids club is cool and my kids loved it and had a lovely time there , and the animation team all in all is awesome can't do enough for u and ther is a night show 6 days a aweek .

the aqua park is a must I u get your card to get ur free entry went there twice have slides for every age , it's about 10 min drive with the shuttle bus that comes every half an hour.

thanx iberotel saraya I had a fabulous time and enjoyed every moment would definitely come back ....sd

Room Tip: room away from the shisha bar
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank The-Queen-of-Egypt

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from this lovely hotel where the staff are just so lovely, Muhammad in reception was so lovely and always pleased to see us and Muhammad the main head chief was so lovely I've never met a chief who was so excited about his food he would cook anything you wanted. We were a party of 10 and on our last day we requested a chilli for lunch in which he then bought us out all freshly cooked and made us feel like we were the only ones around!! The hotel is so lovely and defiantly has the family feel to it even tho it's not a family run hotel. The water park was amazing and everywhere was so clean. My only grumble about this place which is defiantly not the hotels fault but first choices fault is because of all the problems in Egypt then there were not tourists so there was hardly any guests which ment there was no shops open at all and to go 2 the shopping mall ment an expensive £65 taxi ride! Like I say hotel wonderful but first choice awful.

• Stayed: September 2013

The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
#1 of 222 in Hurghada
SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort

Been to Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort? Share your experiences!