Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
View Hotel
Iberotel Makadi Beach(Makadi Bay)
  • Pool
Jaz Makadina(Makadi Bay)
2,548 results
All reviewssunflower restaurantwater parkquiet poolcabaret bara la carte restaurantsjaz makadianimation teampool bargreat holidayegyptian restaurantbuffet restaurantcouldn't do enoughreception stafffantastic hotelkids clubspecial thankstowel art
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from this hotel. If you wont relax, it is your choice - two pools, very good beach with little but beautiful reef, friendly athmospher, good food. I was in several islands and had great snorkeling. Don' miss it.:) So I think, it's good hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Yuriy S
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guests,

My team and I would like to thank you for your critical and motivating comments received in TripAdvisor which had a great positive influence for us to work harder and to continuously improve the service we are offering to you.

We are very pleased that you had spent a nice and relaxing holiday in the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.
It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel.

Our efforts have resulted in being awarded by TUI Umwelt Champion 2010, 2011, TUI Eco Resort 2009-2010-2011, Hygiene Silver Award, ISO-14001-Awards for 2009 till 2012, HolidayCheck Award 2006-2010, Green Star Hotel Award, Tripadvisor Best Family Resort, TripAdvisor Travelers‘ Choice Award 2014 and recently the HolidayCheck Award 2014. We understand this recognition as a commitment to further improve our services in 2014.

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in your Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Firstly just a bit about Thomson - There is NO in-flight entertainment on both the inbound and outbound flights. So take an iPad/DVD player/laptop to keep you entertained – thankfully we knew and we did! Passport and Visas - You must have 6 months left on your passport to enter Egypt. This was picked up by the airline staff at Gatwick (this could have been avoided if Thomson staff contacted me before departure as they had my API details 6 months previously!) and after some calls, thankfully, I was able to travel. The same happened to another passenger on the same flight so I imagine this happens a lot. Also you need an entry visa on arrival into Hurghada. Beware! There are ‘sharks’ vying for your business as soon as you walk through the door (why you don’t pay your money to the officials at passport control is beyond me!) BUT they are all charging different prices. We went straight with the ‘sharks’ pretending to be Thomson (as we didn’t really understand the procedure as it was our first visit to Hurghada and we had read on the consulate website that a visa was not required – now we know this is only for Sharm El Sheik) and were charged £19 each when the ‘company’ on the left as you enter the terminal building were charging only £15 (the actual price). Talk about feeling ripped off before the holiday even started!
On to the hotel
After a few teething troubles with our room, which I have to say were sorted out no problem at all, we had a great week! Our only gripes were the buffet restaurants and the quiet pool.
In our opinion, the buffet restaurants are poor and in particular the breakfast restaurant which is in need of refurbishment of the outside seating area as it is very shabby. The food is catered towards the German and Russians. I had hoped to eat lots of fresh fruit and salad but it was presented in such an unappealing way that I didn’t bother. We mainly stuck to the pastries and toast. This was not a problem in the evenings however, as we ate in the a la carte restaurants all week – which are free to Thomson/First Choice customers (Russians and Germans are not allowed!) and you can eat there as many times as you like. It was just a shame they were so empty as they lacked atmosphere at times. They are also situated right next to the kids evening disco so the music in the Grill and the Asian restaurants had to compete with the disco which was quite annoying if you were sat outside. The pool bar is the best bet for lunch if you are English – amazing chicken schnitzel sandwiches!
Finally, our last gripe was the relaxation pool. Far from it, at times. Unfortunately, lots of families are put in the rooms overlooking this pool and by nature then stay by this pool. The management do all they can to keep it quiet but often people just revert to being noisy! My partner jumped in the pool once and got told off but yet later in the holiday several children were jumping in and splashing for hours on end and nothing was said. There is ample room for kids to play in the main pool. It seemed that the children were unsupervised with their parents choosing to stay in their rooms/on their patios nearby. I think it needs to be signposted ‘no children’ or not bother. However, by travelling out of season there was no silly rush in the morning to save sun loungers. We got up when we wanted and had the choice of any sun lounger!
We went to the Aquapark which, for Thomson/First Choice customers is included in the package. Shuttle buses run every 30 minutes and takes only 10 minutes. The park was almost empty so there was no queueing (I’m not sure if this would be the case in high season). You can eat for free there and take the towels from the hotel poolside BUT there are no lockers.
Overall, I have never been welcomed so warmly anywhere else and it has to be said the staff at the Saraya are so very friendly and attentive and cannot do enough for you. If you have a problem just tell them and they will do what they can to fix it. Anastasia was fantastic in sorting out any issues we had and we are very grateful to her.
Despite the above couple of issues we had a wonderful week and would probably return again.

Room Tip: 9602 two bedroom suite near main pool, reception, a la carte restaurants and souk
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsKB2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Whole family for this our third visit - 2 grandparents, 2 parents, 2 children and 1 teenager. Service everywhere was very good, Food at all the restaurants was excellent. Went to the water park for the first fime - the children loved it! Will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tonyjbolton

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Spent my first day at a frds hotel, but hated the food. My wife n kids were starving cause they couldn't eat anything. So we decided to move to iberotel, and the vacation started. Amazing food, staff, pool, etc. I will come every time I want to visit hurghada.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheriff65

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel and rooms are very clean, staff are all friendly and go out of their way to help. Arrived on Saturday and by Wednesday 60% of our party came down with a stomach bug. Some more severe than others. Spent a majority of the holiday eating plain food and not taking much advantage of the all inclusive. Managers initially did not want to know and where adamant that the stomach bug was due to hot weather and not being used to the food. We where advised to not eat anything that had been grown and watered locally (ie in Egypt)????? Breakfasts mainly consisted of bread (which was freshly baked so quite nice but not on such a regular basis). It was not until we had problems with the air con that the manager upped his game and decided to arrange for a Dr to come and see my husband who had been in agony for two days. As soon as the aircon unit came off a large accumulation of dirt fell out! (Pictures available). We where informed that this was a one off and the unit had been missed. I am still not sure what caused the bug and most of the party ended up on antibiotics for the rest of the two week stay and came home with it for a further two to three weeks. We soldiered on throughout our two week stay but my youngest son suffered with very bad stomach cramps. The hotel Dr prescribed antibiotics for most of the party who where really suffering but didn't personally check everyone. On the whole most of us had at least 3 to 4 days decent holiday out if the 14. Beach was a treck from the hotel which was disappointing as we then had to locate the part that was allocated to the hotel. Would I go again? No I would not. Would I recommend this hotel to others? Probably but with a warning to check the aircon and only if you fancy a detox.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family